Photo

GTA V single player gets shafted for Pay to Win GTA Online. Why it'

275 replies to this topic
EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Ok , I've seen quite a few posts I'd want to reply too, mostly progamer since his incitement and escalation of hate are bordering on tin foil hat theory's after his parents have apparently allowed him to stay on the internet long enough for sense to have given up and allowed the ADD to post for him.

As such I just wanted to put straight a lot of bad misconceptions floating around here.

1. Passive mode.

Passive mode is activated only in free roam, not during matches or heists. It stops the player being killed and the player shooting. When the player does anything offensive, including hitting others with cars, he is taken out of passive mode.

Passive mode DOES NOT stop car damage.

2. Robbing other players.
While this money is transferred to your account, you need to remove it onto your person to use it. As such when it is on your person, it is vulnerable and open to be stolen.

All this talk about how it will be illegal to steal it from players is utter crap. Once in game it is the same thing as cash earned ingame and therefore isn't protected against theft. Don't be so moronic and expect that once virtual this currency had the same rights as real money.

3. Pay to win.

Outside of everyone's theory's, all we have is cash for cash right now. If that is what it is.

So let's see, what can you buy with cash,
Cars, houses, guns and customisation. Of those which could be made OP? Guns.

So let's say you go buy the RPG, they make the RPG OP, why is this pay to win? What is stopping me, someone who hasn't bought cash, from going and buying that exact same RPG? Nothing at all.

This is not pay to win, it's pay to be faster. I don't give a crap if you get that gun before me, if it's a major issue, me and my crew will just run a few heists and all go buy one. Oh look, we just spent an afternoon having fun and it's still a level playing field, that cash helped you in a days worth of deathmatches and now we are at the same point you are, but not £10/20 poorer.

4. Car theft

Cars can only be stolen if your in them. What it means is when you leave the vehicle, walk away that car is locked. It doesn't stop me putting a bullet through your window as your driving and taking that car for myself.

I do this a few times, you've just spent all that purchased cash on insurance fee's.

It's really in no way pay to win and everyone stating so in this post has got nothing to back it up,

And pro gamer, stop quoting a fps pay for perks system , this isn't an fps, money isn't used for character development, it's used to physical acquisition. Physical acquisition of items people won't care about you having because they give you no boost over others.

Infact the whole thing can be negated by a good crew, run a few heists each day and youl never need to worry about your spare cash.

*stands and applauds*

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

john wayne woz a nazi

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

I just made 10m on stocks (singleplayer)

Any tips? Or did you just have an endless save/reload party?

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

If we do have microtransactions, we need a emblem that appears beside the players name letting people know he/she didn't earn the cash.

smokeysmokeonsmoke
  • smokeysmokeonsmoke

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

I'll wait for it to come out first before criticizing it so what if someone becomes rich by spending there real life money and buys almost everything right off. I'll earn mine thru playing and have a longer experience atleast we haven't been charged extra to play online.

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:10 PM Edited by Tsori, 24 September 2013 - 03:11 PM.

As such I just wanted to put straight a lot of bad misconceptions floating around here.

1. Passive mode.

Passive mode is activated only in free roam, not during matches or heists. It stops the player being killed and the player shooting. When the player does anything offensive, including hitting others with cars, he is taken out of passive mode.

Passive mode DOES NOT stop car damage.

Wow, so they have a fully working system that can distinct distinguish between me hitting another car and me getting hit by another car?

Even full racing simulations like iracing still struggle with those things.

And what does "hitting others" mean? Other players or other AI too?

They dont need to distinguish, 

When you harm an NPC you are no longer in passive. Passive mode is for people who want to go around and see the world.

Killing, harming, damaging ect all takes you out of passive mode, regardless of if its a player or NPC.

Edit: Oh i see what you mean, Im unsure if just hitting another NPC car will knock you out, however damaging a players car defiantly will as mentioned in one of the interviews.

Hungrypiemonger
  • Hungrypiemonger

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

why are you asuming that the game is too hard to make money? you do know there are 700+ missions to earn money right? you do realize that at level 1 people can't buy most things because they will be LOCKED right? there is nothing to worry about and you are just inciting people for no reason.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

If we do have microtransactions, we need a emblem that appears beside the players name letting people know he/she didn't earn the cash.

Does it really matter tho?  The name of this thread says pay to win..  But what is the 'win'?

For me, GTA online is mainly for messing around in free roam, races and shootout/death matches.  Anything else is just filler/cosmetic. People paying for the filler just because they either need it now or don't have the time to play legit is their loss.  But it doesn't bother me.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:11 AM Edited by ProGamerGov, 25 September 2013 - 03:12 AM.

Does it really matter tho?  The name of this thread says pay to win..  But what is the 'win'?

For me, GTA online is mainly for messing around in free roam, races and shootout/death matches.  Anything else is just filler/cosmetic. People paying for the filler just because they either need it now or don't have the time to play legit is their loss.  But it doesn't bother me.
Other win is players not being labeled for buying money rather than earning it. And if dropping some cash gives you have huge monetary advantage over other non paying players. The very fact Rockstar has not mentioned this is because it is either left over code that hasn't been deleted yet or they knew the way they did it would get bad PR.

Tushie Cushie
  • Tushie Cushie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

What is the point of this, honestly?

Its not like the online is going to be some ultra high skill comp heavy video game.

All it would do is breed hate and more reasons for people to try and stroke egos over a video game. 

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

This means that unless you drop some real world cash you will find it extremely hard to get things.

Proof? You seem to have played the multiplayer already.

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with this. I hate most games that have microtransactions, but I never minded cashpacks or things that reward you with currency for real life money. It's just a shortcut, and I even plan on using it myself if it is real. I don't mind spending extra money on a game that I plan on playing for years. I don't think this that this gives you the massive advantage that you're claiming(I don't see how buying a house that no one else has gives you an advantage over other players anyways).

The only things apart from weapons(which I'm assuming won't be costing millions of dollars anyways, we will probably get all of them with less than $50k, after unlocking them sometime later) that you can buy are just things like houses, vehicles, and customization options for your character.

I was perfectly fine with this in Mass Effect 3, and I actually prefer a game to have optional microtransactions, as long as it's not gameplay content, and as long as what you're buying is very obtainable just by playing the game.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

Though from the idea Rockstar said nothing on this because its left over code or the way they implement it will be hated by players.

PringlesMan
  • PringlesMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

How is it pay to win? This isnt a FPS or MMORPG game FFS, learn to use the guns if arnt insta kill. What is bad seriously about paying real money to get sh*t. Like buying a tank?? A jet? Lolol, all those things have a weakness, tank is slow, plant a sticky bomb. Jets require skill and timing. As for guns, even if the person knows how to use the gun, it doesnt matter, if you have an AK, and the other player has a Advance Rifle, use your brain and make sure he doesnt have a chance if killing you, throw a grenade near him while hes running away from it move to better cover or flank him. Headshots count like always. Please tell me whats the problem?? Winning races? Buying Faster cars? What??? Id really love to know.

WitchHunter Neo
  • WitchHunter Neo

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

I'm not really concerned with GTA Online featuring micro transactions.

I'll tackle it like every other game online...at my own pace and leisure. Hopefully the pay to win scenario is OTT.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

How is it pay to win? This isnt a FPS or MMORPG game FFS, learn to use the guns if arnt insta kill. What is bad seriously about paying real money to get sh*t. Like buying a tank?? A jet? Lolol, all those things have a weakness, tank is slow, plant a sticky bomb. Jets require skill and timing. As for guns, even if the person knows how to use the gun, it doesnt matter, if you have an AK, and the other player has a Advance Rifle, use your brain and make sure he doesnt have a chance if killing you, throw a grenade near him while hes running away from it move to better cover or flank him. Headshots count like always. Please tell me whats the problem?? Winning races? Buying Faster cars? What??? Id really love to know.

For me the problem is not the microtranactions, I don't give a sh*t what other players have online. My issue with this whole thing is whether or not they purposefully made the single player inferior to promote online play. There are many features that will be in GTAO that aren't in the single player, but easily could have been.

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by tipplur, 25 September 2013 - 05:27 PM.

i'm going to buy cash packs if the game is fun, there's nothing wrong with it. if you don't like it come and rob me. 

anyone can get the same stuff, it just might take longer

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

I would pay for expansion packs for GTA Online but Apparently Rockstar doesn't want DLC other than unbalanced microtransactions that will cost players hundreds of dollars in the long run.

Or it will cost the player 10 bucks, like the prices are said to be for the top card. 

Only the players fault if they want to go past the hundreds. Quit your damn bitching, you're worse than my girl friend on her time of the month. 

Vin89
  • Vin89

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

People, calm down. This way all those family men with wifes and kids can still enjoy the conveniences of wealth in GTA V. As long as it's possible and fun to afford everything in this game without buying cash it's fine with me. If you want to spend your hard (or not so hard) earned dollars for gaming money that's fine with me. Doesn't mean I can't get the same stuff with hard earned in-game-money! 

Chill out. This means nothing until we know how missions in GTAO will pay off. 

I predict single player missions won't be rewarding while missions for a couple of people will be very profitable. 

Still, it's kind of a cheap move of R*. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

@OP, all your post is based on a big unknown: HOW HARD is it to get the money for the needed stuff - car(s) / house / clothes / weapons the normal way. Because, once you got all you need / want / set yourself to get, it will make no difference if you sit on 1 bil or 1 mil, since you will literally have nothing to spend the money on.

Lance_Vance89
  • Lance_Vance89

Vance Crime Family Co:CEO

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Alot of you people should just calm your tits. 

It will be as in every microtransaction system and that means you have 2 ways to do it:

1. Buy things with real money to get the things you want the easy way.

2. Buy things with money you earn by playing the god damn game the hard way.

I'm pretty sure nothing will be locked so you HAVE to use real money.

PringlesMan
  • PringlesMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

For me the problem is not the microtranactions, I don't give a sh*t what other players have online. My issue with this whole thing is whether or not they purposefully made the single player inferior to promote online play. There are many features that will be in GTAO that aren't in the single player, but easily could have been.

Well, the thing is Ever since GTA I came out or actually III, people Wanted COOP, like missions with friends, thats why we have bomb the base or Club Bussiness in IV, in GTAO we can finally do something with friends, and if you love doing things by yourself, you can play privately. Easy as that. Pay To Win isnt in GTAO, thats in TF2. Or many other games. To pay real money for GTA Money is mostly not starting out slow. lets say we get GTA V like a year later. Then we play online we're the noobs/newplayer. We want to get cars, clothes and everything like everyone else. Instead of getting sh*t talked by older players.

DaPouf
  • DaPouf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

If this is all true, there's one thing I find could be interesting is it could create ''social classes'' if you

will, which could result in the rich being hated and gunned down by everybody else, Just saying it

could lead to some awesome in game action. I am however unsure why would they bring this to

gta, on consoles, maybe they are just trying to some more attention...who knows. But I don't think

not having money, right away, will be such a pain...just play the game and earn money.

Afterall...you're doing it in your single player now so....

gta5SA
  • gta5SA

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

the only problem i might have with this. is rockstar can make it pretty difficult to get money in gta online like for example if it cost 20 bucks to get 1 million dollars in gta online. then it will pretty long time to get 1 million without paying 20 bucks for it. and might make game challenging when it comes to making money.and encouraging people to waste their real money so they get gta online money easier

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Im more worried about the eventual, and yes itll happen because Rockstar will see the monetary possibility with it, microtransactions to purchase weapons that you cant otherwise get in game via in-game money.  Weapons that cause significantly more damage then weapons relative to its class (for example: sidearms)

BaM BooZeLLed
  • BaM BooZeLLed

Scooby Guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

Well we have proven that if you complete the game a certain way you can have billions in the bank by the end of the game even if there are only a few opportunities. I am also banking on the fact that with all those online co-op missions there will be plenty more money to be made. The cash cards are gonna be for the kids who don't want to actually play the game and want all the goodies which is fine with me, you can obviously beat the game without needing additional funds. I bought the game to play it so if it takes longer to achieve what some will just skip over would be considered a waste to me.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

Im more worried about the eventual, and yes itll happen because Rockstar will see the monetary possibility with it, microtransactions to purchase weapons that you cant otherwise get in game via in-game money.  Weapons that cause significantly more damage then weapons relative to its class (for example: sidearms)

Yes, this is the reason I made the thread. To get people to get upset over the possibility of microtransactions going towards the planetside 2 direction. Because if no one is there to say anything or it's too late then we have another COD like third person shooter with everything forcing you to buy anything to do things.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Well, the thing is Ever since GTA I came out or actually III, people Wanted COOP, like missions with friends, thats why we have bomb the base or Club Bussiness in IV, in GTAO we can finally do something with friends, and if you love doing things by yourself, you can play privately. Easy as that. Pay To Win isnt in GTAO, thats in TF2. Or many other games. To pay real money for GTA Money is mostly not starting out slow. lets say we get GTA V like a year later. Then we play online we're the noobs/newplayer. We want to get cars, clothes and everything like everyone else. Instead of getting sh*t talked by older players.

Sorry to break it too you but apparently money can't buy you everything at the start, you have to unlock everything the same as the non paying players.

The Hylander
  • The Hylander

That Guy

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:02 AM

Awwwwwwww like people who buy microtractions will be good (unless they have a jet or an RPG) 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

usually in games of this type you dont use real money to buy in game items, you use real money to buy game money and then buy game items, people who dont pay real money have to perform in game tasks to earn money to buy stuff and people who pay real money can just buy it and play the game without having to waste their time doing the dumb crap the game forces you to do in order to earn money.  

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

f*ck playing deathmatches in gta. All these people worried about competing make me laugh. Play Gta for what it is and the microtransactions will hardly effect you

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:10 AM

usually in games of this type you dont use real money to buy in game items, you use real money to buy game money and then buy game items, people who dont pay real money have to perform in game tasks to earn money to buy stuff and people who pay real money can just buy it and play the game without having to waste their time doing the dumb crap the game forces you to do in order to earn money.  

Wait games FORCE YOU TO PLAY THEM?!?!? Holy Carnival Ride Batman!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users