Photo

GTA V single player gets shafted for Pay to Win GTA Online. Why it'

275 replies to this topic
DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

Just play with your friends and crew members problem solved. I don't see Gta online being a call of duty type competition. If people wanna waste their money who cares. In missions/heists it may benefit you.
  • Hordriss likes this

keysersozeh
  • keysersozeh

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was..."

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Please everyone take what this guy says with a grain of salt. He is posting this crap in every part of the forum and it is rumours posted on reddit.

How is it a rumor? This xml file: http://prod.cloud.ro...ommerceData.xml is hosted on rockstargames.com

If you wait too long to SEE what it is, rockstar wont have a chance to think twice about adding it. The community needs to show a backlash so they know this is not the way to go

What seems to be the problem here? I'm sure you will earn enough money online to buy yourself weapons and stuff. The rest of the features are just cosmetic:

- garage

- house

- new clothes probably

races and all that stuff could be done without having money yourself. and everyone has the same car in a race (i assume)

you're not exactly paying to win...

It specifically says buy money. When you buy money you can essentially buy anything with real money, could you not put two and two together?

@  hayderp.. big bank heists can only be started if you have a big house (very expensive) for it to plan the heist with your crew... soooo yea pay to win for sure

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

This thread is making me laugh.

It was said (I don't remember where but I can find it if you really want me to) that any cash YOU KEEP ON YOUR PERSON will drop when you die.  So if someone buys one of these game cards money bullsh*t and keep all the money on them, you are now rich.

Plus what would you need money for?  Weapons?  Sure, but they will be dirt cheap and within a day of Online I'm sure you will have all the weapons, or a good majority at least.  Vehicles?  You can buy or steal them...  So again, money isn't a necessity.  So what do we need money for?  Apartments.  I mean, you guys are getting worked up about rich Casual players who can get apartments faster then you.  APARTMENTS.

• EyeMacHunt likes this

frell
  • frell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

It was said (I don't remember where but I can find it if you really want me to) that any cash YOU KEEP ON YOUR PERSON will drop when you die.  So if someone buys one of these game cards money bullsh*t and keep all the money on them, you are now rich.

You make me laugh. You obviously didn't know about the player bank accounts where your money is stored. Dropping money only applies to the match you're in. When you buy these cash cards it says "right into your bank account"

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Plus what would you need money for?  Weapons?  Sure, but they will be dirt cheap and within a day of Online I'm sure you will have all the weapons, or a good majority at least.  Vehicles?  You can buy or steal them...  So again, money isn't a necessity.  So what do we need money for?  Apartments.  I mean, you guys are getting worked up about rich Casual players who can get apartments faster then you.  APARTMENTS.

This.
I can't believe the amount of sh*t people are blabbing in here.
Paying for money is a choice. Nobody is forcing anybody to buy. In fact I'd have a greater sense of achievement beating folks who may pay real money for extras.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:20 PM Edited by LanOsb133, 23 September 2013 - 03:22 PM.

I do know about bank accounts.  Thats why I said "KEEP ON YOUR PERSON." and "Keep all the money on them." Good going Einstein  

Mpower
  • Mpower

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Here people bash activision or other companies all day for doing this. But when rockstar do it it's ok.

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by Tsori, 23 September 2013 - 03:27 PM.

Everyone is aware that this is stated, even in that reddit "expos'e" its JUST FOR ONLINE.

So all this sh*t about it being impossible to earn money in the singleplayer has no relation to this, as the online and offline games do not mix.

As for the whole "its pay to win" bullsh*t. Il have fun robbing your paid for cash off your corpse at every ATM i get to. Dont forget this transfers money to your account, its not different to ingame money, meaning it can be lost to robbing , lost on stocks, lost on cars that are then stolen. 

The only thing it helps with is the purchase from weapons, which CANT be overpowered, since people can get it in game using the usual methods.

Its not pay to win, its pay to get features faster.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Exactly. Its just a shortcut like loads of other games have implemented. Half these folks moaning about it will probs use the system.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:32 PM Edited by chainsoar, 23 September 2013 - 03:33 PM.

Please everyone take what this guy says with a grain of salt. He is posting this crap in every part of the forum and it is rumours posted on reddit.

How is it a rumor? This xml file: http://prod.cloud.ro...ommerceData.xml is hosted on rockstargames.com

If you wait too long to SEE what it is, rockstar wont have a chance to think twice about adding it. The community needs to show a backlash so they know this is not the way to go

What seems to be the problem here? I'm sure you will earn enough money online to buy yourself weapons and stuff. The rest of the features are just cosmetic:

- garage

- house

- new clothes probably

races and all that stuff could be done without having money yourself. and everyone has the same car in a race (i assume)

It specifically says buy money. When you buy money you can essentially buy anything with real money, could you not put two and two together?

@  hayderp.. big bank heists can only be started if you have a big house (very expensive) for it to plan the heist with your crew... soooo yea pay to win for sure

That's interesting, because I'm sure I remember planning 2 huge heists in

Spoiler
and a
Spoiler

frell
  • frell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Exactly. Its just a shortcut like loads of other games have implemented. Half these folks moaning about it will probs use the system.

I would, but I don't want to make all my friends in college feel like sh*t. They'd prefer to spend the money on food and saving up for trips back home on the holidays.

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Let's see;

I buy X amount of R* cash cards and invest it ALL in the stock market, people who haven't bought into the cash cards are going to suffer and that's just the fact of all this.

It WILL be pay to win.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

Does the $$ you have in single player carry over to GTAO?

G_Unit_G_Unit
  • G_Unit_G_Unit

G_Unit G_Unit

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Will definetly not be playing GTA online now.

JunkoWakahisa
  • JunkoWakahisa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

I do not see the issue... even if it is true.

Rockstar is not doing anything other companies are not doing. Most online games have extra ways to acquire content with real money. I´ll name you a few big ones:

World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Eve Online, All Points Bulletin.

And then you have the thousands of smaller free to play games, that allow you to buy better stuff.

People get angry over nothing here. Why get angry now, when this has been the reality of gaming FOR YEARS!

A rumor... wether it is true or not.... Who cares?

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:02 PM Edited by Tsori, 23 September 2013 - 04:05 PM.

Let's see;

I buy X amount of R* cash cards and invest it ALL in the stock market, people who haven't bought into the cash cards are going to suffer and that's just the fact of all this.

It WILL be pay to win.

How exactly? You do that, stock prices drop on various stocks... so i then buy those stocks when its low and wait for it to grow again due to player actions.

Your influx of money is infact artificially driving down the price of a stock, meaning i can sit back, let you do the hard work, and then reap the benefits when they begin to rise again, Sure you make a profit when they rise, but due to you spending some RL cash, ive just got an easy profit from stocks without having to wait for the external factors to devalue them.

If anything, your making it easier for those who didnt buy the cards to make money on the stock market.

There is no ingame auction house, or market, or anything that means someone being richer is a bonus.. its really not a massive issue. He has guns, that i could get with some grinding, so there not pay to win guns. He has buildings...that i could get with some grinding...so there not exclusive properties. 

He is bringing MORE cash into the system, which ofcourse means theres more for me to steal. 

scipio1st
  • scipio1st

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

lol to you console gamers. Always cheap. F2P is a very popular PC model. Welcome to 2013.

Personally I dont care. Rockstar need to keep paying their staff, servers and rent somehow. And this is the solution. Dont play online if you dont want to. Single player is awesome too.

sirius89
  • sirius89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

- garage

- house

- new clothes probably

Yeah but what do you wanna buy then?Weapons upgrades,a house or some cars?Yeah uh,good for you but does it make the game pay2win?I don't think so.It doesn't give you any REAL advantage in the game tbh.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

How much for a 1,250,000 $ Cash-card?

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

What are you talking about?

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:19 PM Edited by Spitfirex007, 23 September 2013 - 04:20 PM.

The thing that bothers me isn't the fact you can buy in game money with real money. So some spoiled little kid wants to spend real money on his in game house, that I'll never visit. Big deal! It's the fact that Rockstar is selling out to the greed. And just like EA, Activision and all these other companies, it's a steeping stone. These damn companies and DLC have gotten out of hand to an extent. And the more people buy into it, the worst it will get.

Rockstar is the one company I've always respected. They make great games, and don't nickle and dime their cusomters. If this rumor is true, then they are heading down that path.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

What are you talking about?

This one

huXjZmu.png

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

RELATIVE WEALTH MATTERS! It's the entire point of GTA Online...

Having the apartments, cars, weapons, stocks, and money is possible without paying real life money...but when thousands of people got them weeks or months before you...it does take away from the game.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:30 PM

Not only do they get everything before you, they get it without spending the time and effort you had to...

Démotrix
  • Démotrix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

Wow, people talking about money in multiplayer rather than about the gameplay itself and having a great time. This is gonna be fun. And to all the folks saying: "Will not be playing GTA: O now" - GOOD! More room for normal players who don't care about money. :)

• EyeMacHunt likes this

rocinante89
  • rocinante89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

You guys are getting way too worked up over this. Say it's true, how is it pay to win? Apartments, garages, and clothes are all purely cosmetic, so I can't see why anyone would give a sh*t about those. The best guns and cars are easy enough to come across with a bit of searching too, so no pay to win there either. As for stocks, if someone dumps a huge pile of cash on stocks it will drop their price, thus lowering the barrier of entry for those with less cash to profit on the rise too. The only way this could be pay to win would be if Rockstar sold powerups or experience cards for cash. That would be pretty sh*t.

This seems like a great idea to me. Rockstar rightly figured that a lot of their playerbase are, or at least should be, fully functioning adults with jobs. The harsh reality for a lot of us is that we don't have the time to grind enough to get the cash for the best cosmetic goods... but we do have the money, and inclination, to pay for them. Some people have hours to spend on the game having fun and earning money, others don't have that time, but they might have 10 bucks to drop on a cash card. No big deal.

• Scar3dGam3r likes this

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

RELATIVE WEALTH MATTERS! It's the entire point of GTA Online...

Having the apartments, cars, weapons, stocks, and money is possible without paying real life money...but when thousands of people got them weeks or months before you...it does take away from the game.

This matters about as much as the size of your epeen matters.

As someone who is only interested in the new cop mode features for GTAO, i couldnt give a crap about money.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:40 PM

You guys are getting way too worked up over this. Say it's true, how is it pay to win? Apartments, garages, and clothes are all purely cosmetic, so I can't see why anyone would give a sh*t about those. The best guns and cars are easy enough to come across with a bit of searching too, so no pay to win there either. As for stocks, if someone dumps a huge pile of cash on stocks it will drop their price, thus lowering the barrier of entry for those with less cash to profit on the rise too. The only way this could be pay to win would be if Rockstar sold powerups or experience cards for cash. That would be pretty sh*t.

This seems like a great idea to me. Rockstar rightly figured that a lot of their playerbase are, or at least should be, fully functioning adults with jobs. The harsh reality for a lot of us is that we don't have the time to grind enough to get the cash for the best cosmetic goods... but we do have the money, and inclination, to pay for them. Some people have hours to spend on the game having fun and earning money, others don't have that time, but they might have 10 bucks to drop on a cash card. No big deal.

Im afraid lots of them are 12 and dont have money, they get worked up if they dont get a pop tart after school, lol! 

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:41 PM

If that happens this was the last GTA I've bought.

Let's wait and see how it all ends

rocinante89
  • rocinante89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

Im afraid lots of them are 12 and dont have money, they get worked up if they dont get a pop tart after school, lol! 

I'm gonna' invite them all over to my pimp-ass crib and open the door wearing my fingerless gloves... that i bought with real money!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users