275 replies to this topic
Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:09 PM

Dear Rockstar -

As someone who is a big fan of microtransactions and pay-to-win, I'm sorry to say that your latest game, GTA 5, is the worst excuse for a pay-to-win experience I've ever played.  After creating my character, I immediately bought $10 million dollars of in-game money and went to Ammunation with the intention of buying a minigun, only to discover that I had to be Level 9 million (or some such) to unlock this weapon.  It appears that the only way to do this is to... actually play the game?  A lot?  Grind out RP?  I don't want to play the game!!  By the time I've progressed to a high enough level to be able to unlock all these things, I expect I'll most likely have acquired a bunch of cash along the way, making all that cash I bought with my real money pointless.

I don't believe that you've thought this out very well, and I hope that by the time GTA 6 is finally released you'll have learned how to give us pay-to-winners the advantage we have bought "richly" deserve.

Thank you,

A dissatisfied fan

Owned bitch. Tbh, if you were able to get the minigun, you'd probably have been labeled a Bad Sport quickly anyway after using it on people.

lol70720
  • lol70720

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Honestly who gives a damn? Just earn your money if you want to. There is no winning! This is online. I could see myself paying for money at least once because I don't have time to play V 24/7. School, life, etc...

Obviously you don't care because you would have no problem paying them extra cash to get to the good stuff. 

lol70720
  • lol70720

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

Would you be happier with a monthly charge? Development of GTA V cost more than 150 million dollars. I realise that they have sold a lot of copies, and they probably have made a few bucks. But consider the fact as well that they have had to pay 5 years worth of salary to all their employees working on this game, and who knows how much that is. If they sold a billion dollars worth of this game, that means that at any given time there could be a million people online. Do you want servers or peer to peer? I want servers. Servers cost money. Do you want Rockstar to support the game and provide us with cool content? They pay people to do that. It costs money. Think about all the cool things you are going to be able to do. I actually wish it was monthly. I play FFXI and see all the great things that the team does, even still, for that game, and it's lord knows how old. It's basically unlimited entertainment. Always something new. For a measly 10 bucks a month. Rockstar has worked hard and given us perhaps the greatest video gaming experience in our lifetime (and to me that's a fair amount of time, as I'm 38). Let's give them a chance, and not throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet. Thanks. 

Servers don't cost as much people making it sound like they do. They made a billion dollars in 3 days, and certainly will make another billion or 100s of millions over the next few years. So having this pay to win system is pretty unnecessary. 

lol70720
  • lol70720

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Dear Rockstar -

As someone who is a big fan of microtransactions and pay-to-win, I'm sorry to say that your latest game, GTA 5, is the worst excuse for a pay-to-win experience I've ever played.  After creating my character, I immediately bought $10 million dollars of in-game money and went to Ammunation with the intention of buying a minigun, only to discover that I had to be Level 9 million (or some such) to unlock this weapon.  It appears that the only way to do this is to... actually play the game?  A lot?  Grind out RP?  I don't want to play the game!!  By the time I've progressed to a high enough level to be able to unlock all these things, I expect I'll most likely have acquired a bunch of cash along the way, making all that cash I bought with my real money pointless.

I don't believe that you've thought this out very well, and I hope that by the time GTA 6 is finally released you'll have learned how to give us pay-to-winners the advantage we have bought "richly" deserve.

Thank you,

A dissatisfied fan

a person that reach the level requirement can get it instantly when they pay real money, while others have to work to get it, which takes longer.  People can get nice apartments and cars pretty fast if they buy a cash card. 

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Dear Rockstar -

Thank you,

A dissatisfied fan

a person that reach the level requirement can get it instantly when they pay real money, while others have to work to get it, which takes longer.  People can get nice apartments and cars pretty fast if they buy a cash card. 

And I'm guessing you haven't played online yet. People already own the nicest apartments in game, and that is after a few days of the online going live. Mainly due to how easy you can make money with the Violet Ducts job, but still people got those apartments without spending real money. Hell, real money isn't even an option right now, cause Rockstar is waiting til the game runs well.

Oh and by the time you get to level 120 to get the minigun, money shouldn't be a problem for you.

Sylis.coyl
  • Sylis.coyl

GT: Preparation G

• Members

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:06 AM Edited by Sylis.coyl, 06 October 2013 - 09:12 AM.

... Clearly you don't understand how pay2win works...

Edit: [spoiler] because GTA Online is not pay2win. Buying GTA$ is beyond unnecessary and really is just a bait for people who would rather throw money at Rockstar than earn the money in game which is being made out to be "so hard" and yet I've already bought the $400k apartment legitimately [/spolier]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users