» «
Photo

GTA V single player gets shafted for Pay to Win GTA Online. Why it'

275 replies to this topic
ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:02 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 23 September 2013 - 02:38 PM.

Because we pay nothing other than the cost of GTA V single player, Rockstar is making the game Pay to Win by selling players in game cash for real life money. This means that unless you drop some real world cash you will find it extremely hard to get things.

f*cking thanks Rockstar.

"Cash is king in this town. Solve your money problems and help get what you want across Los Santos and Blaine County with the purchase of cash packs for Grand Theft Auto Online. All purchased cash is automatically deposited into your characters bank account. Spend wisely, cash therapy is fleeting."

Basically the reason money is so hard to make is to encourage the purchase of ingame cash with real life money.

f*cking Rockstar knew this would be hated so they tried to hide it so we would buy the game without realizing we get shafted for the Pay to Win online that has all the features that were taken from the single player aspect of the game.

Here is the source: http://www.reddit.co...o_hard_to_make/

http://www.reddit.co...o_hard_to_make/

Grinding in Planetside 2 for literally almost nothing was the worst gaming experience i have ever had and I'm glad Rockstar can provide me with this awful experience for GTA Online.

I can't wait to have unbalanced microtransactions and dumping over $60 dollars in Online to partially enjoy the game.

"did you see the reddit link where fingerless gloves for GTA V are DLC and gp for $3'"

Reddit post:

"

We all have read some comments in the subreddit about it's quite hard making money in the game, properties are not very profitable, and the missions that affect the stock market seem to be too few and too early.

I think I might have found why. When you open the store section in the pause menu, it says there is nothing available yet, but the console requests this file.

It's a plain XML file where you will see that besides of the downlodable content from the special editions, there are 4 so-called "cash cards", ranging from $100,000 to $1,250,000.

I may be wrong and I sincerely hope I am, but to me this looks like the explanation of why it's so hard to make money in the game: at some point (when GTAO starts?) you're supposed to buy game money with real money :(

This seems very un-Rockstar-y to me, so I want to believe there are other plausible explanations:

• It's just a test, since it was not supposed to be public. Maybe something used internally?
  • They are redeemable items, not something you buy with real money. Maybe the prizes of some Social Club sweepstakes?

tl;dr: making money is hard because you're supposed to buy game money with real money at some point"

ASAPRocky
  • ASAPRocky

Lord Flacko

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

That sucks.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Hell, R* makes so much money with all their GTAs yet they need to add pay to win.. f*ckin great..

FEDE_snma_ITA
  • FEDE_snma_ITA

Shipped up to Boston

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

f*ck that, don't buy that sh*t, never ever!

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Reddit post:

"

We all have read some comments in the subreddit about it's quite hard making money in the game, properties are not very profitable, and the missions that affect the stock market seem to be too few and too early.

I think I might have found why. When you open the store section in the pause menu, it says there is nothing available yet, but the console requests this file.

It's a plain XML file where you will see that besides of the downlodable content from the special editions, there are 4 so-called "cash cards", ranging from $100,000 to $1,250,000.

I may be wrong and I sincerely hope I am, but to me this looks like the explanation of why it's so hard to make money in the game: at some point (when GTAO starts?) you're supposed to buy game money with real money :(

This seems very un-Rockstar-y to me, so I want to believe there are other plausible explanations:

• It's just a test, since it was not supposed to be public. Maybe something used internally?
  • They are redeemable items, not something you buy with real money. Maybe the prizes of some Social Club sweepstakes?

tl;dr: making money is hard because you're supposed to buy game money with real money at some point"

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

I would pay for expansion packs for GTA Online but Apparently Rockstar doesn't want DLC other than unbalanced microtransactions that will cost players hundreds of dollars in the long run.

FEDE_snma_ITA
  • FEDE_snma_ITA

Shipped up to Boston

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

If this is true, Edinburgh fans might just lit up Rockstar North HQ!

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

All I can say is this better not be true, if it is then R* has truly sold out. They are such a great company, don't tell me they've gone down this path because they will not be forgiven.

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

did you see the reddit link where fingerless gloves for GTA V are DLC and gp for $3 

FEDE_snma_ITA
  • FEDE_snma_ITA

Shipped up to Boston

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:25 PM

Yeah, i would pay too for some cool DLC but i would hate a F2P GTA, it's just so out of place anyway.
GTA should have a quick and fun MP not some "second-life" sh*t features...

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:26 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 23 September 2013 - 02:27 PM.

If this is true, Edinburgh fans might just lit up Rockstar North HQ!

Too bad I can't particpate as i live far away. But make sure you get a pitchfork and a torch for me.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:28 PM

did you see the reddit link where fingerless gloves for GTA V are DLC and gp for $3 

Find this link for us and I will add it to the original forum post.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

I understand they need money so support GTA Online and its a huge project BUT that just plain and simple sucks. 

I dont mind minor DLC but this "pay to win" really sucks and is demotivating for people who want to work their way up. 

FEDE_snma_ITA
  • FEDE_snma_ITA

Shipped up to Boston

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

When R stops to be a great company and starts with these bullsh*ts, that's when gaming industry is officially dead.
EA, Activision they're all condamning theirselves in the long run.
The future of gaming is PC and indie games which are developed by people like us and better.
Then they become assholes too, and some new indie dev. replace them.
The circle of greed never ends.
Money is really a disease, when people will get this, we would have resolved all of our problems.
  • Nunk likes this

Fallen_Knight
  • Fallen_Knight

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

I'm sure we can earn cash online but it will be a lot harder then just purchasing the cash.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Please everyone take what this guy says with a grain of salt. He is posting this crap in every part of the forum and it is rumours posted on reddit.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 23 September 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Please everyone take what this guy says with a grain of salt. He is posting this crap in every part of the forum and it is rumours posted on reddit.

How is it a f*cking rumor? The files are in game and you can go open your game up right now and see for yourself in the code that this is based on factual evidence.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

How is it a f*cking rumor? The files are in game and you can go open your game up right now and see for yourself in the code that this is based on factual evidence.

How do you know it isn't prize money? Or something that might have been in the game and isn't?

Where do you know for a FACT that rockstar will be allowing people to pay REAL money for in game cash??

Please put an official Rockstar source that says this. 

Until then it is a rumour. Think you can understand that? I doubt it!

• UsedFloppyDisk and TrueElement like this

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Because this totally needed another thread.

• TreFacTor and EyeMacHunt like this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Because this totally needed another thread.

Don't spoil the little kid's fun. He is loving thinking that he has broken some big secret to the forums!

• TrueElement likes this

frell
  • frell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:47 PM Edited by frell, 23 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Just lost all interest in online.

I wish there was a way to tell everyone not to buy any of it, but some kids spending their parents money will. If we could get enough people to not even touch the cash shops itll hurt R*'s expected earnings.

I really hope there is a huge movement against this, they may be willing to cancel it before October 1st. Try a petition? Surely this will get way more attention than that stupid driving petition.

Richardson0
  • Richardson0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:49 PM Edited by Richardson0, 23 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

How do you know it isn't prize money? Or something that might have been in the game and isn't?

Where do you know for a FACT that rockstar will be allowing people to pay REAL money for in game cash??

Please put an official Rockstar source that says this. 

Until then it is a rumour. Think you can understand that? I doubt it!

If you understood and read the reddit page, you'd realise the information is stored in an xml file on the disc - which the game uses a lot of, to store things like descriptions and text. There are even images of the icons for in the menus.

This is pretty genuine. And it's unfortunate the game has taken this sort of a turn.

If this is the case, I won't be playing GTA:O and I'll be selling my copy of V. There are games that make better use out of your actual real life monies.

sleep_now
  • sleep_now

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Lets wait one more week to see before burying rockstar, that might be nothing

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Go for it, make a petition. Let me draft the opening for you -

"Dear Rockstar, as devoted fans who have drawn a damning conclusion about your company that portrays you as greedy whores without looking for enough evidence to prove our assumptions correct before leaping to action and posting vitriolic crap on the internet, we demand you change something we don't fully understand the workings of yet to be more like what it quite possibly already is"

• Démotrix, EyeMacHunt, PkUnzipper and 2 others like this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:53 PM

why are there so many dumb people on this forum that start 47 different threads about the same thing?  are they 12 years old and think they are cool if they start a thread or something?  Highly annoying trying to find all information about something when idiots make 47 different threads about the same thing, just post in the first one so everything is in one spot.  Its not rocket science.  A forum with moderators usually will merge similar threads together but it would be a full time job on this forum, lol! some peoples kids, i swear!

• EyeMacHunt likes this

hayderp23
  • hayderp23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

What seems to be the problem here? I'm sure you will earn enough money online to buy yourself weapons and stuff. The rest of the features are just cosmetic:

- garage

- house

- new clothes probably

races and all that stuff could be done without having money yourself. and everyone has the same car in a race (i assume)

you're not exactly paying to win...

frell
  • frell

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:56 PM Edited by frell, 23 September 2013 - 02:58 PM.

How is it a rumor? This xml file: http://prod.cloud.ro...ommerceData.xml is hosted on rockstargames.com

If you wait too long to SEE what it is, rockstar wont have a chance to think twice about adding it. The community needs to show a backlash so they know this is not the way to go

What seems to be the problem here? I'm sure you will earn enough money online to buy yourself weapons and stuff. The rest of the features are just cosmetic:

- garage

- house

- new clothes probably

races and all that stuff could be done without having money yourself. and everyone has the same car in a race (i assume)

you're not exactly paying to win...

It specifically says buy money. When you buy money you can essentially buy anything with real money, could you not put two and two together?

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

I hope all these morons threatening to sell their game or not play online actually follow through with their threats. They all sound like 'the sky is falling' noobs who believe anything they see on the internet. Online gaming without these peanuts will be much, much better. No screaming 12 years olds on the mic!

Good riddance!

meowstache
  • meowstache

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

funny how those red shark and tiger shark cards are actually advertised in the in-game radio.

this is gonna suck

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:07 PM

I won't be paying to win. I'll just win full stop.
Loads of fuss about nothing
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users