Quantcast

» «
Photo

2 Questions: Beeker's Garage and Tennis Strength Gain?

21 replies to this topic
OneSullenBrit
  • OneSullenBrit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hi, I have been playing GTA V almost non-stop (got it paused while I type this), and I have a couple of questions.

Firstly, what is Beeker's Garage? I've been there, and it just seems like a nomal Los Santos Customs. Why is it specially named?

Secondly, I am trying to get my strength skill up, but don't want to do golf (the main reason why I want to get my strength up is for golf). I have tried randomly punching civilians, but it takes a long time and you end up being busted/wasted by the cops. If I go to tennis, how does the stat gain work? Can I just go AFK and leave it running, or do I have to play? Do I have to win, or can I just sit there and mash 'A' over and over again?

Thanks

-OSB

undrtow218
  • undrtow218

ehh..

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Pretty sure you can run around a lot and vault and climb to increase strength. Or maybe that is just stamina. I rode my bike around the outside of the map and my strength and stamina were pretty high by the time I was done. It only took about a day in game, and it was a great way to see the island.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:57 PM Edited by DODI3OG, 23 September 2013 - 02:03 PM.

Can I just go AFK and leave it running, or do I have to play?

WTF? It's a f*cking minigame! What the f*ck will play it if you're AFK?

OF course, you have to play it! Use your common sense, damn it!

Sorry dude, but you have to play golf or tennis. Otherwise, you're going to have to punch people. That's the only way I know to increase strength. And that's how it works IRL, it's called exercising(google it).

OneSullenBrit
  • OneSullenBrit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

And that's how it works IRL, it's called exercising(google it).

You do realise that this is a game, not real life, right? Things can happen in games that don't happen in real life.

Actually, nevermind, I just realised I'm being insulted by a 16 year old. Good job playing a game that's over your age level, your parents are very responsible.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Two games of one match of tennis, and one session of yoga will max Michael's strength stat and he starts out with the lowest strength. That yoga session does not count the one you will do for a story mission to unlock Yoga. Those three things combined should take no more then an hour.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

FIghting increases strength(20 punches increases your strength by 1%).

Playing sports will increase your strength upon completion, not during. So if you take 10 minutes to finish a match, it will increase the same amount as if you'd taken 50 minutes to finish the match.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

My theory is that Beekers garage would let you customize planes and helis, but I've found no evidence to support that claim.

There's gotta be something unique about it though, or else why name it and leave all the other garages as generic "Los Santos Custom?"

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Is Beekers the one up near Trevors first safe house? If so it is named because Franklin can buy the place.

balmung03
  • balmung03

bawlz in the baygz

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:54 PM

it's called exercising

And this is why when I started I tried finding the gym near Grove St. that I used extensively in GTA:SA, and was sorely disappointed.  Even if they made it super difficult to raise the strength stat, I'd still use the gym for a while (maxed strength and stamina in SA before doing any missions after gaining access to the gym, so I wanted to see how they'd change it in V... and hopefully looking for those guys I could beat for the extra melee moves.  Great job R* for taking out one of the things that was only in SA and I missed in IV)

Granted melee kills are easy enough, and increased strength would just make fistfights faster (does it really affect anything else?), but getting maxed stats is something most gamers strive for as soon as possible, and the lack of direction and/or ability to get the training done is a little unfortunate.

As for the comment about one yoga session maxing one's strength, I did the yoga mission and immediately after did a session next to my pool.  My strength with Michael (even after several hours of gameplay afterward, albeit with about evenly split time between members) is still under 30%.  Are you talking about the sessions available at other places not at Michael's lanai?  I can't see how that would be any different, so you must've done something else to boost your strength besides yoga. (that and I'm not sure why stretching and breathing would improve one's strength, just stamina and flexibility, and maybe lung capacity)

xFromTheBlade
  • xFromTheBlade

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

You can take taxis and police vehicles into Beekers Garage and keep them.

_eL_
  • _eL_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

The best way to gain strength is to park your car in front of a bus, get out and climb on top of the bus, and repeatedly stomp/kick the top of the bus.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

^ Anybody else confirm this?

PineboxFiller
  • PineboxFiller

Liar

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Tennis is the fastest way in my experience. One set will take your strength up almost a bar if you win all 6 games. It only took me about 3 games to max out Michael's, though it was up some from the starting amount from fist fights. I don't think Franklin can play tennis though unfortunately, and golf doesn't work as good unless you get the farthest drive record on every hole, but that only works for about 1 game.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Is Beekers the one up near Trevors first safe house? If so it is named because Franklin can buy the place.

No, thats a normal LS Customs - Beekers Garage is at the top of the map in Paleto Bay :^:

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:15 AM Edited by kasheku, 26 October 2013 - 03:49 AM.

Can you really mod police cars at Beekers? im gonna have to try that.

Edit: No you cant mod taxis or cop cars at Beekers Garage 

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:51 AM

No. Beekers is the one in Paleto Bay. The one Franklin can buy is a normal LSC.

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

It might just be a family run business?

Ragref
  • Ragref

Fighting terror!

• Members
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

Actually this is the most obvious reason - it's not in LS.

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Ragref is right, Paleto Bay is not Los Santos so.......

DrRezard
  • DrRezard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

^^  LOL  Didn't even realize that one.

I've read that Beeker's is the only place you can take the Blaine Co Sheriff SUV to then be able to save it in your garage (online reference).  IDK about that though, myself...

Yeah--  Tennis is definitely the way to increase strength FAST.  Way faster than golf.  3 sets on the court should be about one full bar on strength (IIRC).

_eL_
  • _eL_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

Beeker's Garage is the shop at the North-West most part of the map. You can drive Taxis in and do repairs only. The only police vehicle I could get in is the Sheriff's SUV. You can make repairs, partially change the paint and give it bullet-proof tires.

The post I put about climbing on the bus to gain strength is accurate. I maxed out all my characters in like 10 minutes doing this. But know that after stomping it for so long, the bus will explode.

I tested these in single-player mode. Not sure if it will work in GTA Online.

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

Ragref is right, Paleto Bay is not Los Santos so.......

The LSC Franklin can buy isnt in LS either...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users