Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA Online is Pay To Win and Free to Play!

57 replies to this topic
ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:45 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 23 September 2013 - 01:51 PM.

Because we pay nothing other than the cost of GTA V single player, Rockstar is making the game Pay to Win by selling players in game cash for real life money. This means that unless you drop some real world cash you will find it extremely hard to get things.

f*cking thanks Rockstar.

"Cash is king in this town. Solve your money problems and help get what you want across Los Santos and Blaine County with the purchase of cash packs for Grand Theft Auto Online. All purchased cash is automatically deposited into your characters bank account. Spend wisely, cash therapy is fleeting."

Basically the reason money is so hard to make is to encourage the purchase of ingame cash with real life money.

Here is the source: http://www.reddit.co...o_hard_to_make/

http://www.reddit.co...o_hard_to_make/

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:53 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 23 September 2013 - 02:06 PM.

Grinding in Planetside 2 for literally almost nothing and I'm glad Rockstar can provide me with this awful experience for GTA Online.

Grinding in Planetside 2 for literally almost nothing was the worst gaming experience i have ever had and I'm glad Rockstar can provide me with this awful experience for GTA Online.

I can't wait to have unbalanced microtransactions and dumping over $100 dollars in Online to partially enjoy the game.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Right cause Hiests and missions provide players with $1 each time.

• Ertrick36 likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:24 PM Edited by EyeMacHunt, 23 September 2013 - 02:24 PM.

let's believe everything we see on reddit!

• Ertrick36 and Cavintine like this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

Reddit post:

"

We all have read some comments in the subreddit about it's quite hard making money in the game, properties are not very profitable, and the missions that affect the stock market seem to be too few and too early.

I think I might have found why. When you open the store section in the pause menu, it says there is nothing available yet, but the console requests this file.

It's a plain XML file where you will see that besides of the downlodable content from the special editions, there are 4 so-called "cash cards", ranging from $100,000 to $1,250,000.

I may be wrong and I sincerely hope I am, but to me this looks like the explanation of why it's so hard to make money in the game: at some point (when GTAO starts?) you're supposed to buy game money with real money :(

This seems very un-Rockstar-y to me, so I want to believe there are other plausible explanations:

• It's just a test, since it was not supposed to be public. Maybe something used internally?
  • They are redeemable items, not something you buy with real money. Maybe the prizes of some Social Club sweepstakes?

tl;dr: making money is hard because you're supposed to buy game money with real money at some point"

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

The guy's already convinced that GTA Online is going to suck because of the "Bad Sport" system we know so little about...

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

The post is backed up by real facts, see here: http://gtaforums.com...nly-get-harder/

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

First of all, whoever wrote that crap doesn't know the game from an umbrella. He proved this by writing that "missions which affect the stock market are few and too early." You can affect the stock market any time, if you know how it works. With or without the missions mentioned. However, the assassination missions he's talking about can take place at any time. I saved half of them until I was 80% complete and the campaign was long finished. Don't believe every moron with an unfounded opinion.

• EyeMacHunt and Ertrick36 like this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

The post is backed up by real facts, see here: http://gtaforums.com...nly-get-harder/

Wow, that links back to another one of your spam threads about the SAME reddit rumours.

You are a genius!

• Ertrick36 likes this

HerpaDerpaD
  • HerpaDerpaD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

What's the problem? You can still earn money without paying what's the problem? Fifa does It with UT. TF2 does It. Some people rather pay then grind unlocking stuff. Not everyone has hours on end to play trying to unlock the best stuff. Wait to see how it works first.

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Considering we can do heists out of our own free will, rob stores, kill other players and take their money, etc etc...I'm going to call major bullsh*t.

I mean, if the heists are anything like the ones in SP, then players will walk away rich.

Also, what would be the point in having microtransactions when another player could kill you and take your money?

It's bullsh*t, OP.

• EyeMacHunt and JustOneMonth like this

PhilJones
  • PhilJones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:06 PM Edited by PhilJones, 23 September 2013 - 03:07 PM.

First of all, whoever wrote that crap doesn't know the game from an umbrella. He proved this by writing that "missions which affect the stock market are few and too early." You can affect the stock market any time, if you know how it works. With or without the missions mentioned. However, the assassination missions he's talking about can take place at any time. I saved half of them until I was 80% complete and the campaign was long finished. Don't believe every moron with an unfounded opinion.

So you're telling me that because he did the missions when they appeared that he instantly knows nothing about the game? We know nothing about these cards and how they'll be implemented, don't come out with a silly comment like that.

IrishRed88
  • IrishRed88

The Tattooed Don

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

I think people forget that the gaming business is just that.... a business.  Rockstar has essentially made two games for the price of one (for the consumer anyway), and I would have been surprised if there wasn't a cash store in game for the online portion.

Servers cost money to maintain, new content costs money to produce, and so on. Besides, buying cash is optional, so if someone doesn't agree with that, they don't have to buy any.

Nobitos
  • Nobitos

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

I hope thats not the case... :/ same thing as wow starts to sell gear from end game raids..
. Why would you even spent hours to try getting smthing if you can buy it instant and every noob in the game have it already anyway

Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Also, what would be the point in having microtransactions when another player could kill you and take your money?

It's bullsh*t, OP.

This.

It can be almost considered a crime, I'm quite sure of that ;p

Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

I just realised you were the poster who made the whining threads about bad sports and passive mode and said that they would make the game sh*tty, I think you are a tryhard for attention

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:40 PM Edited by BlademanX, 23 September 2013 - 03:42 PM.

People mad as usual, try getting a job lool, this feature is for people that have lives and dont have time to sit all day on the game.

People that can only play 2 hours etc a day or every other day. Not a big deal

Maybe 200,000 or so not 1 mill lol

IrishRed88
  • IrishRed88

The Tattooed Don

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

I just realised you were the poster who made the whining threads about bad sports and passive mode and said that they would make the game sh*tty, I think you are a tryhard for attention

I agree.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Yup.  ProGamerGov.  Remember the name!

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Sure paying for money isn't REQUIRED, but the entire point of GTA Online is the competition to be the richest.

ABSOLUTE wealth is all but worthless if your RELATIVE wealth is low compared to those who paid for it...

OldSwitcheroo
  • OldSwitcheroo

Is it real or not?

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

So why create another thread and direct replies to this one to the one you originally created? 

Real facts? do me a favour, it proves nothing.  What it could possibly mean is that you store up to so much on a debit card (r* have pretty much confirmed you can pay for things on card in the game...

Besides, until it's launched, people like you make these forums a pit of rumours and bullsh*t.

Besides, what's your problem with it?  DLC has been in games for years, why did you think this was going to be any different?  You have a choice, either pay or don't pay, easy.  There'll be enough players (10+million) that this will not be an issue

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'm fine with DLC, say paying for an outfit or a car. But when the entire point of GTA Online is the pursuit of the almoghty dollar...selling those dollars ruins it.

everydaynormalguy
  • everydaynormalguy

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:10 PM Edited by everydaynormalguy, 23 September 2013 - 07:11 PM.

Just find out who pays for money then get a crew and rob them.   Simple enough. 

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

not if said money is automatically deposited into the player's bank account. it's not like those kinds of people are going to be carrying around $10million 

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

All of this added stuff and passive mode features really gets you thinking before you step online.. play with a crew, don't go into Los Santos alone comrades. 

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:06 PM Edited by EJTexasMade, 23 September 2013 - 10:12 PM.

So you're telling me that because he did the missions when they appeared that he instantly knows nothing about the game? We know nothing about these cards and how they'll be implemented, don't come out with a silly comment like that.
That was what we call an example. You can Google that definition. Secondly, those cards could easily be photoshop made. Thirdly, and most importantly, the guy who made this post is an obvious troll who has 4 or 5 different threads he's posted simply complaining about online features that he's never experienced first hand.

Edit: And also, using what logic the people who post this nonsense seem to have.. we all know that businesses in single player go for upwards of 30 to 150 million dollars. Do you really think the economy is so fundamentally off and different on multiplayer that the highest "cash pack" you'd buy would be 1.25 million dollars? Use common sense.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:19 PM Edited by DeadZombie, 23 September 2013 - 10:21 PM.

It's probley 10 bucks for 1mil.

So what. It's a choice. Don't use it :/

I would drop 10 bucks for 1 mil :/

I don't care. I spend more than that at the grochery store.

Broke people be pissed.

The best part of this is that is most likely going to force more people to kill other players for takes and money. Desperate two bit thugs lol

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Never has a user pissed me off like you. You whinny obnoxious bastard. 

First off, reddit isn't "Confirmed facts". You need to stop spreading negativity in hopes you can trick the stupid users of the forum to believe your nonsense. 

Second, it's not forcing you to pay for the money. You can still earn it as others have said, by robbing stores, etc. Will it put you ahead? Sure, but you can still earn it in game. That's even IF there is purchases like that. 

GTA Online is becoming it's own game anyway. Like an MMO of some sort. MMO's usually have this option avabile, but you don't immeditaly need it. 

You also nagged about the bad rep system, spreading lies about that as well. You need to stop acting like a spoiler child, and shove off. It's not even out yet, but you've made more whinny threads than any other user, acting as if it was out. 

How you're not banned is beyond me, honestly. 

• lannydee likes this

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

Its not pay to win you stupid f*cks. Its (if it actually happens) a shortcut system like the one found in Battlefield 3.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

A preview did talk about using in game debit cards to make transactions in the world. Maybe you load these cards with your money and get bonuses for loading them. Plus you have the security of your bank account not being deminished

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users