Photo

drifting

23 replies to this topic
Ultimo124
  • Ultimo124

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

i have heard that drifting sucks in gta 5 ive seen the videos but is it true that that there is no actual drifting in gta 5

SOMEONE PLZ REPLY TO THIS

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

i have heard that drifting sucks in gta 5 ive seen the videos but is it true that that there is no actual drifting in gta 5

SOMEONE PLZ REPLY TO THIS

Indeed, you heard right. But you could wait for the PC version for drifting (with a mod, of course).

Apath
  • Apath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:44 PM Edited by Apath, 23 September 2013 - 06:52 PM.

Drifting is decent with certain cars with Slippery Road cheat on:

X360 - World Cheat: Slippery Streets

Y, RB, RB, Left, RB, LB, RT, LB

PS3 - World Cheat: Slippery Streets

Triangle, R1, R1, Left, R1, L1, R2, L1

For a proper drift you need a lot of power, at acceleration nearly right after you press the gas pedal. Cars appear to have a stronger accel when you have the gas down for a while. So drifting is a challenge because of that mechanic. So at the moment, its more "Controlled loss of control" than "Sustained drifts" for me.

I'm trying to figure out what cars are best for it, but a balance of weight and power helps for me ATM.

Have fun!

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

I'm pretty sure you can drift (I customized a Dominator and you can drift just fine)

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by Udrift, 23 September 2013 - 07:35 PM.

This is actually pretty decent. This video was released before the game actually released, so I am sure some tweeking could make it usable. Maybe putting low quality tires on it or something. Because his steering is not a lock while he is sliding, that points out that the car slides around too much, the front wheels should not be sliding sideways like that. Notice in the real life video the front wheels are always turned.

Of course, it's not gonna be as good as this, the rear wheels are not really fighting the front wheels pushing the car sideways, but the suspension is not all wonky like IV. I don't think any vehicles in V even have the lock required to really get sideways.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:30 PM Edited by Udrift, 23 September 2013 - 07:31 PM.

The speed of the car in the first vehicle isn't unrealistic, I dunno, I really hope we can make this work. Might have to wait until VI though...

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Anyone who says you can actually drift in any gta game obviously doesn't know what real drifting is. So the answer is no.

I tried the slippery streets cheat and it's still no where near real drifting.

I was disappointed that rockstar didn't add this. All of their cars on the game have break locks and it stops your car from

accelerating while using breaks. If rockstar got rid of that feature or gave an option to turn it off like most driving games

do, then you'd be able to drift.

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Indeed, you heard right. But you could wait for the PC version for drifting (with a mod, of course).

Alas, how many times have you tried to drift in the game. Care to elaborate for the wonderful members of GTAforums please?

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

You can drift, for half a second. 

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

You can drift, for half a second. 

Not a drift. It's a powerslide.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

There's 2 major problems with drifting in V:

1. The wheel traction for cars is ridiculously high. After having the cars in IV slide around, they changed the cars to be super grippy from all the driving complaints.

2. There's a huge power loss when you lose traction, this was the same in IV. When you go into a slide and hit the gas... nothing happens. I wish the added a 'Mod/Tuning Chip' to the mod shops that would turn off TCS.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hey, that first video I posted, like I said was put up on 16 September, before the release date. Do you think he modded the car or is using the slidey cheat? I've only play GTA V for 4-5 hours, and mostly offroad. But looking at it again, he really is sliding sideways too much.

When I first saw it I figured he just had enough power, (even though like the post above me, when you slide the power cuts) and he was feint drifting, where you turn the car in the opposite direction and then back into the turn to get the tail to whip around.

Looks a little suspect to me now looking at it again. Very disappointing.

Ultimo124
  • Ultimo124

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:34 PM Edited by Ultimo124, 24 September 2013 - 04:35 PM.

the slipery slide cheat is ok by me to use but its not goin to be of use for online if cheats dont work online really disapponting that drift is not there but rock star a out done its self with the amazing improvements of the gta game thanks rock star for a great game and we would really appreciate if u can introduce the drifting as a dlc for the consoles in the near future

SelkiesForever
  • SelkiesForever

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Or you can just use the 86 in the game...

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:04 AM Edited by SmoothGTA, 25 September 2013 - 08:07 AM.

I dunno, I've had my back tires screaming and spewing smoke, while barely being able to keep control and track of things several times in V.

What I've noticed is that you have to have waaaaay more speed going into the turn, also you brake a lot later than IV trained us to. All that said, the guy a few posts up is the most correct bc we can't down shift and floor it, or do brake stands so yeah...technically we haven't been able to drift in any GTA.

Hasn't stopped me from having fun all these years though.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

Don't even think about sliding any car near drifting without the cheat. Just don't.
I thought they'd pay attention to all the IV drifters but they slipped right by us.
With the cheat also there's only a handfull of cars that can do it. Most fun I had was woth the Futo (fully tuned) and Michael's car. They get "close" drifting (like in IV with the different handling mods).
Such a f*cking shame, I would've killed to tandem drift around the city with some friends online

DubYaBush
  • DubYaBush

GTAo - BHoD

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Yeah it isnt obsolete, theres really only like a few cars that you can really drift with.

For example the Pegassi Vacca, I can drift pretty decent with that when ripping the E brake.

Its got good grip on the road, and does peelouts/burnouts on take off...

I Love mine!:)

0_0.jpg

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

As someone who has been a amateur drifter in rl and practically introduced drifting to Project torque (not the crap drift mode that basicly drifts for you, but the drifting possiblities were pretty neat for normal races).

I can say while GTA V drifting isnt "good", Gta IV were not any better. They both have theyre issues, what you did in gta iv was mostly just sliding, with some acceleration as the end to get back control of the car.

As someone who drives exclusivly in first person I have to say the "drifting" if you can call it that is actually better in gta V, you need the correct cars though (muscle cars, futo etc)

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:31 AM

moan moan moan

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:40 AM

moan moan moan

Mannnn go back to fifa, let the grown ups talk

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:09 AM Edited by ryantoma, 25 September 2013 - 10:10 AM.

moan moan moan

Yeah good one. I dont play fifa anymore cause the players dont move well enough, the grpahics are awful, the staduims are soooo small compared to fifa 98, players dont get injured enough, player psysics are awful, the stadiums are empty and feels dead unlike real life, its too easy, onlines not out so i have to wait 2 weeks, there was a gory scene where somebody made a bad tackle.

Boo f*cking hoooooo. Fifa 98 was sooo much better. I can move on.

And not that it matters, but im most likely older, so yes, the grown ups are talking.

Now YOU, go back to your forza, or gran tossermo and drift around the map with your left hand and cover your screen with custard with the right.

Racer__X
  • Racer__X

@DeejayJeanP

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

moan moan moan

Yeah good one. I dont play fifa anymore cause the players dont move well enough, the grpahics are awful, the staduims are soooo small compared to fifa 98, players dont get injured enough, player psysics are awful, the stadiums are empty and feels dead unlike real life, its too easy, onlines not out so i have to wait 2 weeks, there was a gory scene where somebody made a bad tackle.
Boo f*cking hoooooo.
And not that it matters, but im most likely older, so yes, the grown ups are talking.

Now YOU, go back to your forza, or gran tossermo and drift around the map with your left hand and cover your screen with custard with the right.

HAHHAAHH were you the guy that said : Moan moan moan moan ? Now look at you hahahahha

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

moan moan moan

Boo f*cking hoooooo.

HAHHAAHH were you the guy that said : Moan moan moan moan ? Now look at you hahahahha

Yeah and if you had a brain you'd see im mocking all the moaners about this game. Um... Duh??

Have a great day...

Apath
  • Apath

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

Slippery Road/Car cheat + Ruiner + Engine 4 + Race Tranny = Proper low speed drifting.

That's what I found so far.

NExt step, find out what car does proper high speed drifts, and unlock Engine 5.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users