Photo

i dont get how people like franklin

134 replies to this topic
Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

You also get "annoyed" by how black people talk, yeah, real mature there buddy. 

But why exactly do black people have to talk like that? Why not use proper english like normal people?

Why not call a gun a gun, a car a car, and a friend a friend instead of whip, pop, piece, nigga etc?
It's not just "black" people that talk like that (though in the game it is). It depends on where you grew up, I'm sure you don't talk all boring all the time. It's like people who are in England call a trunk (of a car) a boot, it's just what they call it, big deal. It can't be that hard to understand what they're saying, as I said before they're still speaking plain English.

I'd wish they WOULD speak plain English.

I for one couldn't understand what Franklin and his friends were talking about the majority of the time.

He was a tad more understandable when he was talking with Michael though, thank god.

Again, they are speaking plain English, just with a different (and more fun might I add) slang to it. You don't walk up to your friends and say "Hello friend, how are you today?" You say "Hey man what's up? How you been? At least that's how it is where I live and I live in Texas which is far from being known for it's "black slang".

They sure didn't in my game.

Very incomprehensible discussions, but it changed for the better when Franklin was talking with Michael when he used less slang.

TechNoir87
  • TechNoir87

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

Franklin is the sh*t, I like him even more now that he's made his way to the top, he's less average "street gangsta" more organized which makes him smarter now, I love the father-son relationship he has with Michael. Honestly all 3 characters are likeable to me, IMO Trevor is way too over the top, I have a love/hate relationship with his personality.

• Degrees likes this

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

Lol franklins trevors bitch, he was so scared of trevor, I bet trevor could have raped him!

Michael stood up to trevor the whole time and even threatened trevor.

TechNoir87
  • TechNoir87

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

And how can anyone not understand Franklin?, for someone that's suppose to have a low-education, his English is very good and articulate.

ballen205
  • ballen205

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:32 PM Edited by ballen205, 23 September 2013 - 11:32 PM.

Frank is definitely a weak character. Michael is ok for a yuppie. Trevor is Canadian who hates "hillbillies, rednecks, blah blah blah. R* had the opportunity to make something cool here for everyone, instead they take the same, predicted route. My rating score for GTA V has dropped considerably. I don't like how rednecks are always the butt joke in R*'s games and movies. that sh*t couldn't be further from the truth and they know it, but obviously R* knows who their master is. It's just typical, but whatever. Dan Houser and friends are obviously morons who know nothing about real-world Amerika, particularly the country folk. But they're british foreigners so why would I expect anything more??

Cant take you serious, because you have no grip on reality. I live in Alabama, the redneck stereotypes in this game and in movies are mostly spot on!

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:36 PM

All we needed was some more Franklin and Lamar missions...the chemistry between the two was brilliant. I hope for some "Back in the day" DLC from when they were really young adults and in there gangbanging age and stuff

That would be pretty sweet, I also feel there weren't enough missions involving the two which is a bit of a bummer.
  • MagzGTA likes this

LastKingofChi
  • LastKingofChi

There's no I in team, but there's an I in WIN!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

But why exactly do black people have to talk like that? Why not use proper english like normal people?

Why not call a gun a gun, a car a car, and a friend a friend instead of whip, pop, piece, nigga etc?
It's not just "black" people that talk like that (though in the game it is). It depends on where you grew up, I'm sure you don't talk all boring all the time. It's like people who are in England call a trunk (of a car) a boot, it's just what they call it, big deal. It can't be that hard to understand what they're saying, as I said before they're still speaking plain English.

I for one couldn't understand what Franklin and his friends were talking about the majority of the time.

He was a tad more understandable when he was talking with Michael though, thank god.

Again, they are speaking plain English, just with a different (and more fun might I add) slang to it. You don't walk up to your friends and say "Hello friend, how are you today?" You say "Hey man what's up? How you been? At least that's how it is where I live and I live in Texas which is far from being known for it's "black slang".

I think you might be the only one that understands no one really speaks PLAIN ENGLISH. I'm from Chicago and got made fun of for speaking English with an American accent. Because of my Ignorance as a child I believed American English was the correct English. Also  I don't think most of the people who don't like Franklin are racist therefore don't feel it's necessary to get mad. Can't wait for GTA:O

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

They sure didn't in my game.

Very incomprehensible discussions, but it changed for the better when Franklin was talking with Michael when he used less slang.

Well I don't know what to tell you other than to hang out with people from different cultures and backgrounds in real life. I know some people who use 10x more black slang than Franklin and I still understand 99% of what they're saying.

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

I think you might be the only one that understands no one really speaks PLAIN ENGLISH. I'm from Chicago and got made fun of for speaking English with an American accent. Because of my Ignorance as a child I believed American English was the correct English. Also  I don't think most of the people who don't like Franklin are racist therefore don't feel it's necessary to get mad. Can't wait for GTA:O

I guess, I just don't understand how people can "not" like Franklin, he's the guy who held the crew together, and arguably the most mature out of the 3. He's also got his head screwed on straight and for the most part, doesn't come anywhere near being as much of a dick as Mike and Trevor do at times. Sure he's a little bland and not as fleshed out of a character but I really don't understand how people can not like him.

RedChuCKz_
  • RedChuCKz_

Snitch

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

Franklin is my favorite character, then Trevor of course, not really sold on Mike.

Apex.
  • Apex.

Alright?

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

Oh Greenrock, I think you're a little obsessed with Franklin my man, it's been like a year and you're still banging on about Franklin... You know what I think, I think you have a crush on Franklin... AND YOU'RE IN DENIAL!!!

GREENROCK LOVES FRANKLIN!!!

Chao
  • Chao

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

I prefer Trevor out of all three, but Franklin would be my favorite if it weren't for Trevor. And I just like Trevor because he's hilarious - everyone's afraid of him, he's psychotic, and the first time you meet him (other than the intro) he's having sex with a crackwhore! (Is it bad to say he's my idol?)

I like Franklin because he's fit for the Los Santos area, Michael would be my preferable to Franklin if the setting was in Vice City, because IMO Michael seems like more of a Vice City character than a Los Santos character.

Los Santos is loosely based around Los Angeles, which is full of unorganized street-gangsters. Franklin fits that. My second reason is because he relates a lot to another (more famous) character we met from Los Santos - CJ. He is so much like CJ, and CJ is from this area, so being in this area makes me feel fit with a character that reminds me of him.

Make sense? But, each to their own.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Frank is definitely a weak character. Michael is ok for a yuppie. Trevor is Canadian who hates "hillbillies, rednecks, blah blah blah. R* had the opportunity to make something cool here for everyone, instead they take the same, predicted route. My rating score for GTA V has dropped considerably. I don't like how rednecks are always the butt joke in R*'s games and movies. that sh*t couldn't be further from the truth and they know it, but obviously R* knows who their master is. It's just typical, but whatever. Dan Houser and friends are obviously morons who know nothing about real-world Amerika, particularly the country folk. But they're british foreigners so why would I expect anything more??

F*cking perfect you sound like all the guys who complain about racism on this forum. Get over yourself every class of people was stereotyped it's like you haven't played a GTA game before. Oh and I loved the fact Trev Canadian f*ck ah was thinking who more badass him or Wolverine. I say Wolverine. 

edit sorry about double post forgot to edit.

Nope.

It's the same as in movies and TV.

Black people: Smart, witty, cool, but they are stereo-typed, but nothing as bad as it could be. When around white people, they always have to explain everything to dumb white person.

Yuppies: Always smart. Never wrong. Always the "hero". Always putting everyone down while making themselves look like the greatest. Hardly ever shown in a negative light.

Rednecks: Always portrayed as stupid. Inbred. Lazy. Stinky. Dumb. Always negative. Always. Every time. Just change it around; Change the word 'redneck' with 'jew' and see how it all sounds.

Mexicans: Hardly shown, but when they are, they're shown as illegals. But if they are standing in the same room with a white person, they have to tell the dumb white person how to do everything.

Jews: Always the greatest. You will never hear any negative, EVER. Never ever never.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

Why not call a gun a gun, a car a car, and ea friend a friend instead of whip, pop, piece, nigga etc?

Sighhh......this thread full of generalisations and stereotypes,

Yes all black people speak like this. So does obama kofi annan and nelson mandela.....fackin hell, your like those surburban ignoramuses who never come in contact with the real world.
  • Killzone VII likes this

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

F*cking perfect you sound like all the guys who complain about racism on this forum. Get over yourself every class of people was stereotyped it's like you haven't played a GTA game before. Oh and I loved the fact Trev Canadian f*ck ah was thinking who more badass him or Wolverine. I say Wolverine. 

edit sorry about double post forgot to edit.

Nope.

It's the same as in movies and TV.

Black people: Smart, witty, cool, but they are stereo-typed, but nothing as bad as it could be. When around white people, they always have to explain everything to dumb white person.

Yuppies: Always smart. Never wrong. Always the "hero". Always putting everyone down while making themselves look like the greatest. Hardly ever shown in a negative light.

Rednecks: Always portrayed as stupid. Inbred. Lazy. Stinky. Dumb. Always negative. Always. Every time. Just change it around; Change the word 'redneck' with 'jew' and see how it all sounds.

Mexicans: Hardly shown, but when they are, they're shown as illegals. But if they are standing in the same room with a white person, they have to tell the dumb white person how to do everything.

Jews: Always the greatest. You will never hear any negative, EVER. Never ever never.

LOL so wrong Black stereotyped as over sexed thugs in so many things. Sometimes it's funny.

Oh and Jews own the media of course they're the greatest :whistle:  

I find your vision kind of idk out of wack but whatever I say we watch different things, 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users