i dont get how people like franklin

134 replies to this topic
mrrightt
  • mrrightt

Brown Republican

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

i would have prefered an ese to be playin wit instead but im damn happy we got some vato that flaggin for someone...

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

he just stood in the background the whole time....

I guess people like the "gangsta hood sh*t" more then the "professesional crime sh*t"

Franklin was all about being a professional criminal when I played. He just happens to come from the ghetto. Only thing I disliked was his deal with that chick he was trying to hook up with. That and how at one point he seemed to become selfish and no longer cared about his old friend Lamar. But he really is a great character and funny too. And he is no more or less flawed than the other two.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:06 PM Edited by vivalavendredi, 23 September 2013 - 05:08 PM.

Ah, it's a greenrock topic.

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

I hate doing missions with Franklin because I can literally not understand a single word he's saying. Its like thats a different kind of language. I have to look at the subtitles everytime he says something.

You must not understand plain English then, at no point in the entire game did I have trouble understanding what he said. You need to hang around black people more because you sound like some middle-class stuck up white kid who has never seen anything other than the suburban neighborhood you live in.

MaddFool
  • MaddFool

Back in the Shark City

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:19 PM Edited by MaddFool, 23 September 2013 - 05:20 PM.

eat a dick greenrock you always talked sh*t about Franklin and f*ck off wit your professional organized Mafiosi bullsh*t.you're a brainwashed little bitch who thinks the mob only wears suits and hosts f*cken dinner parties.if anything the Mafia is worse cus they kill off whole families so I suggest you get your head out of Hollywoods ass and shut the f*ck up.

• Degrees likes this

GetWoody
  • GetWoody

Greedy Jew

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:36 PM

Yeah, I honestly felt he was pretty boring too. Bad voice acting and an always serious demeanor kinda took me out of it

Kuntman_Mike
  • Kuntman_Mike

Deathproof

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Franklin' s cooler than I expected before the game launch. I've had some laughs at his conversations with people... and not least, that (imaginary?) labrador. f*cking hilarious. Plus, he's actually a nice guy deep down, not some heartless stupid gangbanger. He's a great character!

It's hard to rank the protag's, who's best etc. I really enjoy the depth they have put in all of them. But Franklin's special ability is the one I've used the most, I almost didn't touch the other two's spec-ab's...

Franklin_Clinton24
  • Franklin_Clinton24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:43 PM

i wish that Franklin was like in the trailer, a ruthless gangbanger but in the game he is a pussy

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:47 PM Edited by Distrom, 23 September 2013 - 08:54 PM.

R* made an awesome work with Franklin, and Shawn Fonteno did another great job voicing him.

What I liked about Franklin is that he's not just a "CJ" clone.

R* properly made a young ghetto boy hungry for moving up and doing something with his life while all his friends are still living in the past

He's is the character I enjoy playing with the most so far.

The trailers always gave me the perspective of Franklin being an asshole, really,  The game showed me that he's a funny character, the Strangers and Freaks missions for Franklin are hillarious.

Also, his special ability is the one I use the most.

Jew Rosenberg
  • Jew Rosenberg

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:48 PM

do you idiots want 3 trevors running around being loud talking over each other? the characers are a perfect balance, you got a crazy over the top hick, a laid back ex bank robber and an up an coming hoodlum with a positive outlook.

he was needed to be the new guy in between 2 old friends that hate each other, to make you feel like you were in between them as a player.

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

Franklin was a character made to have us have a reason to be in the city, just like Mike w/ the rich people and Trev w/ the country. At least R* made them want to be criminals and not like IV w/ there 3 protags. "Oh no, I have moralality for the cutscene, tho I ranover tourists over 5 minutes ago".

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

I think he appeals to young people and to people like me who like to see characters develop. At the start franklin is living in a house with his aunt and didn't have much money but towards the end he has money and has his own mansion and his skills have improved. Yes you could say he was a bit of a thug at the start but he in my opinion becomes as influential as Michael or Trevor.

mdudee2072
  • mdudee2072

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:09 PM

alot of people thought franklin had more depth and story then trevor before the game came out lulz,i like all 3 characters :D just franklin doesnt really get too involved,he's not really there at heists other then getting away or shooting people

ZRose
  • ZRose

THE ONE

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

Nice Troll thread brah.

Witchking Of Angmar
  • Witchking Of Angmar

One Ring to rule them all.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

eat a dick greenrock you always talked sh*t about Franklin and f*ck off wit your professional organized Mafiosi bullsh*t.you're a brainwashed little bitch who thinks the mob only wears suits and hosts f*cken dinner parties.if anything the Mafia is worse cus they kill off whole families so I suggest you get your head out of Hollywoods ass and shut the f*ck up.

wow calm down.

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:29 PM Edited by Tampinha85, 23 September 2013 - 09:31 PM.

I hate doing missions with Franklin because I can literally not understand a single word he's saying. Its like thats a different kind of language. I have to look at the subtitles everytime he says something.

You must not understand plain English then, at no point in the entire game did I have trouble understanding what he said. You need to hang around black people more because you sound like some middle-class stuck up white kid who has never seen anything other than the suburban neighborhood you live in.

Perhaps english is not his native language? did this cross your mind?

OT: I find Franklin the less compelling character, i do love all the guettho thing and playing as a gangbanguer trying to score high, its just that hes not well written like the others, couldnt get to him like i did with Michael and Trevor..

And i also have a hard time to undertanding what his saying and it gets a little annoying sometimes..

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

he just stood in the background the whole time....

I guess people like the "gangsta hood sh*t" more then the "professesional crime sh*t"

Actually it was the fact he grew up in 'gangsta hood sh*t' but realised to live how we wanted he needed to go professional.

He also had a clear head, and wasn't coloured by emotion like the others, he made smart decisions where he could and for logical reasons. He was the sane guy in the group.

He was in the background mostly because he was learning the professional game, not becasue he was useless.

Trevor was hilarios, but clearly has mental problems, he's my favourite character now because of this and it's god damn hilarious, but previously I liked Franklin the most. I hated Lamar though - he was emotional and stupid - loyalty only counts for so much.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 23 September 2013 - 09:37 PM.

He seems simple but he isn't. Trust me on this. He isn't the typical gangbanger in your blind eyes. CLEARLY, he wants to move on from the hood life which is clearly boring for him and wants to "die rich instead of gettin nothing" .

It's as if they purposely have left him in a position where there is more to him than meets the eye. Lamar is just a c*nt who is full of himself and thinks Franklin is a toyboy for him. Is that why Frank is making ten times what he made in the hood?

Frank is generally a cool guy, with a BIT of morals, but isn't innocent either. I'd say Frank is using them but does have a connection with Mike the most. He seems loyal to him because of the opportunities but frankly, no pun intended, I don't think he gives two f*cks about Mike, and he doesn't even know Trevor.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Mainly because, he's one of the few to relate to, at least I saw it. 

I related to the whole girl issue thing he had, trying to hold onto something that just wasn't working. 

Having a stupid ass friend who gets himself into trouble all the time.  

Trying to get out of an urban area, then moving to the suburbs. 

I do feel like Lamar would've been more interesting to play as though. 

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:35 PM Edited by Killzone VII, 23 September 2013 - 09:36 PM.

OT: I find Franklin the less compelling character, i do love all the guettho thing and playing as a gangbanguer trying to score high, its just that hes not well written like the others, couldnt get to him like i did with Michael and Trevor..

And i also have a hard time to undertanding what his saying and it gets a little annoying sometimes..

All I have to say at this point...

http://m.memegenerat...stance/29997248

Killzone VII
  • Killzone VII

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Oh and just for future reference -

homie - my friend/buddy

whats good ? - whats going on ? whats happening ?

stacking Gs or dubs - have a lot of money

bling / ice - nice jewelry / chains / diamonds

riddin on spinners - driving a car with expensive spinning chrome rims

popped / busted - arrested

riddin dirty - driving with drugs in you car

hustling - selling drugs

rolled - got robbed

trippin - mad OR trippin on acid (high on acid / drugs)

holla back - get back to me / call back

peace - bye / later

piece - a gun

pop - to murder

whip - car / automobile

nigga - friend (see homie)

Tampinha85
  • Tampinha85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by Tampinha85, 23 September 2013 - 10:04 PM.

Oh and just for future reference -

homie - my friend/buddy

whats good ? - whats going on ? whats happening ?

stacking Gs or dubs - have a lot of money

bling / ice - nice jewelry / chains / diamonds

riddin on spinners - driving a car with expensive spinning chrome rims

popped / busted - arrested

riddin dirty - driving with drugs in you car

hustling - selling drugs

rolled - got robbed

trippin - mad OR trippin on acid (high on acid / drugs)

holla back - get back to me / call back

peace - bye / later

piece - a gun

pop - to murder

whip - car / automobile

nigga - friend (see homie)

Hahahah really? arent you 17? man i was more mature at your age....

Coycaine
  • Coycaine

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

i would have prefered an ese to be playin wit instead but im damn happy we got some vato that flaggin for someone...

Get that sh*t outta here you f*cking scrap

• MaddFool likes this

Trevor's Mother
  • Trevor's Mother

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

I dont dislike him, but I think he is the least interesting of all three.

Krist075
  • Krist075

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Franklin is my favorite character but he can sometimes be a pain in the ass to other people. He is pretty pessimistic and negative, at least with Lamar.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:11 PM

I agree, he's such a boring character. Michael and Trevor have history, they have a backstory, Franklin...he's nothing, I really couldn't care less if he lived or died in the game, I'd have probably killed him if that was an option.

The same people who bum Frank also bum Lamar who is equally as forgettable, but at least he's an NPC.

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:13 PM

I don't dislike him, he is my least favorite of the 3 though. Very boring character imo.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

I think a better third character would have been the dumb guy that Trevor hangs with, at least he has a personality.

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

God greenrock, you clearly didnt like Franklin from day one, so why should anyone value your opinion when you were clearly predispositioned from the start

Sneakerhead.
  • Sneakerhead.

☛✔Goals Achieved: 1/1☚

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Greenrock thread....... :sui: 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users