Photo

i dont get how people like franklin

134 replies to this topic
Mr. Schneobelen
  • Mr. Schneobelen

That's harassment

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

To me, Franklin appears to be the most level-headed of the trio.

He is a saint compared to Michael and Trevor(I can't believe I'm writing this).

Batley18
  • Batley18

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

I don't think it is worth comparing Franklin to Michael and Trevor, because he is from a different World. For one, he is much younger and has way less experience. Michael and Trevor were always going to have more interesting back stories because it is feasible for two middle aged fellons to have experienced so many ups and downs in life. Franklin is perfect for the game because he holds the team together.

• Degrees likes this

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

The man is just trying to make some paper and not getting KEeeeled! 

I love Franklin.. He has become my second fav. protagonist after Michael. 

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

I don't think it is worth comparing Franklin to Michael and Trevor, because he is from a different World. For one, he is much younger and has way less experience. Michael and Trevor were always going to have more interesting back stories because it is feasible for two middle aged fellons to have experienced so many ups and downs in life. Franklin is perfect for the game because he holds the team together.

Well said 

Spoiler
he is the glue that keeps the trio together. 

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:33 PM Edited by Degrees, 23 September 2013 - 03:35 PM.

Frank is definitely a weak character. Michael is ok for a yuppie. Trevor is Canadian who hates "hillbillies, rednecks, blah blah blah. R* had the opportunity to make something cool here for everyone, instead they take the same, predicted route. My rating score for GTA V has dropped considerably. I don't like how rednecks are always the butt joke in R*'s games and movies. that sh*t couldn't be further from the truth and they know it, but obviously R* knows who their master is. It's just typical, but whatever. Dan Houser and friends are obviously morons who know nothing about real-world Amerika, particularly the country folk. But they're british foreigners so why would I expect anything more??

F*cking perfect you sound like all the guys who complain about racism on this forum. Get over yourself every class of people was stereotyped it's like you haven't played a GTA game before. Oh and I loved the fact Trev Canadian f*ck ah was thinking who more badass him or Wolverine. I say Wolverine. 

edit sorry about double post forgot to edit.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Franklin is in the game for the money. When guys like Lamar start getting in the way of him trying to get his life straight, he's pretty pissed. If I had a friend like Lamar who kept getting me into sh*t and losing me money while I'm trying to sort my life out I'd be pretty pissed and I'd whine, even if he was a friend.

He likes Michael and Trevor, but he's not going to ruin his only opportunity by arguing with either of them, he wants to do some scores, get paid, and retire. Although, he is pretty grateful to Michael for getting him started.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

john wayne woz a nazi

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:38 PM

Frank is definitely a weak character. Michael is ok for a yuppie. Trevor is Canadian who hates "hillbillies, rednecks, blah blah blah. R* had the opportunity to make something cool here for everyone, instead they take the same, predicted route. My rating score for GTA V has dropped considerably. I don't like how rednecks are always the butt joke in R*'s games and movies. that sh*t couldn't be further from the truth and they know it, but obviously R* knows who their master is. It's just typical, but whatever. Dan Houser and friends are obviously morons who know nothing about real-world Amerika, particularly the country folk. But they're british foreigners so why would I expect anything more??

You of course realise that you just complained about bigotry right before making a sweeping generalisation about foreigners, right?

• Degrees and OldSwitcheroo like this

RAZD
  • RAZD

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:40 PM

all this game base on Frank and idk how u really cant like him 

NIgga (sorry)

is the best 4 GTA GAMES so i love him very much n i'd like to become nigga in the next life hhahaah

mooglesago
  • mooglesago

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

he just stood in the background the whole time....

I guess people like the "gangsta hood sh*t" more then the "professesional crime sh*t"

Prefer the smooth down to earth sensible type. You've confused Franklin with Lamar.

BoringPedsDumbCops
  • BoringPedsDumbCops

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

Franklin felt tacked on, it was obvious that Trevor and Michael's actors were playing off each other's performances, but then Franklin would come in and be like "Shut up dawg!"

He was just put in to remind people of San Andreas, and the Grove Street reference was out of place.

• rex84 likes this

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

Wow. Just wow. 

LGDE56
  • LGDE56

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Another mindless racist thread. Good Job greenrock!!!!

• BMW Sterling likes this

Kawaii_BBC
  • Kawaii_BBC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Who cares if someone likes or dislikes Franklin? lol

Unless you feel the need to have your opinions validated by those on the internet

Borgesi
  • Borgesi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

Why can't fully grown adults spell Michael? 

• rex84 likes this

BlackTiger999
  • BlackTiger999

Swedish Police Unit

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

I like Michel more than the others because you get to do a lot of the activities with him.

Kawaii_BBC
  • Kawaii_BBC

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm not done with the game yet, but about halfway through it, I liked Michael a lot to begin with, but don't like some of his choices that have been reavealed

anon123
  • anon123

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

He's my favourite because he's the only character who isn't a complete d*ck. Having said that I like playing as Michael more.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

Because the majority of this forums members are still waiting to celebrate the birth of their first pubic hair.

• rex84 likes this

mooglesago
  • mooglesago

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

Franklin felt tacked on, it was obvious that Trevor and Michael's actors were playing off each other's performances, but then Franklin would come in and be like "Shut up dawg!"

He was just put in to remind people of San Andreas, and the Grove Street reference was out of place.

The Grove St reference was perfect. Broke my heart a little bit too I still play that game. :p

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:59 PM Edited by greenrock, 23 September 2013 - 03:59 PM.

greeny, you've felt like this since before the game came out, and i still think it's only because you are a bit of a closet racist. don't act surprised when you've made numerous threads about this and pretty much all of them have come to the conclusion that you don't like black people.

I know....a lot of people prefer black protags to white protags in gta games, for some reason, even many white people do.

I don't get it

You're coming off like a real white nationalist here lmao. Why would a skin colour determine what protags people are inclined to like? I doubt it has much to do with the protags skin color either, I'm sure if the protag was a Latino/white/etc. person from a gang background most people would like it all the same.

There is so little representation of street gangs in games and the ones that do exist are done terribly.. GTA is the one franchise that managed to get it semi-right so people appreciate that. Not everyone is intrigued by the cookie-cutter suit and tie wearing fantasy mafioso stuff especially when street gangs are so deeply rooted in American history and for many players, experience that culture on a daily basis.

there is a reason that more people like mafioso stuff then gang stuff

• rex84 likes this

swagbucks
  • swagbucks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

he ah kool ass dude and you just ah bitch ass suburbs kid. get the f*ck outa here child. 

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

this is how i felt

Dan :)
  • Dan :)

is a bwas!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

I love all the characters is Gta V,

Spoiler
But if i had to rate then 1-3 it would go like this:

1.) Franklin

2.) Trevor

3.) Micheal

<3 long live Gta V 

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:08 PM

Spoiler that dude ^

YadiYada
  • YadiYada

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:09 PM Edited by YadiYada, 23 September 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Frank was like a side character but there's no reason to hate him for that, is there?

I personally wanted to beat the sh*t out of Mike's son and Lemar, but the game won't let me. Shame.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

I actually like Franklin. He's not as whiney as I had previously anticipated. He's pretty chill and likeable imho. Same with Lamar. I thought Lamar was going to be an annoying Ryder 2.0, but I really like him. I could definitely kick it with them in real life.

But I can relate to Michael best, being a father too. And Trevor is by faaaaar the most entertaining!!! I'm having an absolute blast with that guy!!! 

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Micheal, Michel, Michal, Mechial everywhere in this thread. Lol.

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

there is a reason that more people like mafioso stuff then gang stuff

Different people like different things is all.. some people like the mafia, organized crime stuff and some people like the gritty street gang stuff. Both of them have potential to have great storylines and gameplay.

rex84
  • rex84

Lost Breed MC

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

It's because of a government-run education system.  

k86k
  • k86k

The Fitness Buff

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

You guys do know this is just fiction, right? Don't take it too seriously.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users