i dont get how people like franklin

134 replies to this topic
greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

he just stood in the background the whole time....

I guess people like the "gangsta hood sh*t" more then the "professesional crime sh*t"

• rex84 and Constantine7 like this

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

Even though Franklin's getting in the "professional crime sh*t", but look at me, using logic in a greenrock thread.

Anyway, you're right about him feeling somehow in the background. Makes it feel like his story's not over yet.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:22 PM

He's just generally better fit for this setting! I don't like him as much as Michael or Trevor myself, but i can see how most people would prefer him over Mike and Trevor! Its just common sense to like a character, because he better fits the environment! If the game were set in Vice City or Las Venturas then everyone would pick Michael as their favorite! 

Cheatti
  • Cheatti

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Even though Franklin's getting in the "professional crime sh*t", but look at me, using logic in a greenrock thread.

Anyway, you're right about him feeling somehow in the background. Makes it feel like his story's not over yet.

Yes, it does feel like his story's not over yet & he's a background character... Swapping Franklin with Lamar would've been better imo, all Frank is doing is using the others (Michael and Trevor) to get money, but when it comes to friendship and no money he's a whiny bitch who does nothing but try to get around things... I don't really like him.

• SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom and THE DRAGOON like this

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

I hate doing missions with Franklin because I can literally not understand a single word he's saying. Its like thats a different kind of language. I have to look at the subtitles everytime he says something.

• GTAspotter and rex84 like this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

He's just generally better fit for this setting! I don't like him as much as Michael or Trevor myself, but i can see how most people would prefer him over Mike and Trevor! Its just common sense to like a character, because he better fits the environment! If the game were set in Vice City or Las Venturas then everyone would pick Michael as their favorite! 

how exactly do Michael and trevor not fit the setting..????

oh wait only black people can fit the la setting right

GTFO

• rex84 likes this

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:25 PM Edited by M'aiq the Liar, 23 September 2013 - 12:27 PM.

He's alright, he's way less interesting then Trevor or Micheal though. No depth to him he just wants money. he just goes along for the ride in the story it's all about Trevor and Micheal mostly.I like Lamar more then Franklin.

• rex84 likes this

grandthefthoughto
  • grandthefthoughto

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

greeny, you've felt like this since before the game came out, and i still think it's only because you are a bit of a closet racist. don't act surprised when you've made numerous threads about this and pretty much all of them have come to the conclusion that you don't like black people.

• Killzone VII likes this

greenrock
  • greenrock

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

greeny, you've felt like this since before the game came out, and i still think it's only because you are a bit of a closet racist. don't act surprised when you've made numerous threads about this and pretty much all of them have come to the conclusion that you don't like black people.

I know....a lot of people prefer black protags to white protags in gta games, for some reason, even many white people do.

I don't get it

• rex84 likes this

grandthefthoughto
  • grandthefthoughto

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

I know....a lot of people prefer black protags to white protags in gta games, for some reason, even many white people do.

I don't get it

a lot of people don't care what colour their avatar in a game is because they are not back-seat-racists like you greeny.

• Killzone VII and ~OFWGKTA~ like this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

@ greenrock

And one thing I dont get is why this bothers you so much?

I don't get it

TheIllaDopest
  • TheIllaDopest

The Blunt Master Messiah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:02 PM

Another racist thread by greenrock
  • screech and Killzone VII like this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:04 PM

how exactly do Michael and trevor not fit the setting..????

oh wait only black people can fit the la setting right

GTFO

Yes, the only criminals in LA are black.

• Joey OMG likes this

TheRealBars
  • TheRealBars

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:32 PM Edited by TheRealBars, 23 September 2013 - 01:33 PM.

I do like Franklin.. he kind of feels like the traditional GTA character working his way up in the world, Sick and tired of being poor and running errands for lowlifes. Quite like the mentor - protege dynamic between Franklin and mike as well.

He might be giving stretch and lamar sh*t all the time

Spoiler

Mike and Franklin are my favorite characters, I mainly use trevor just to go on rampages, fight the cops and that sort of sh*t.

Black Ninja
  • Black Ninja

Ninja of PlayStation

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

When I first saw this I was like what the hell then I saw started by greenrock then I was like that explains alot dude you've tried to bash Franklin ever since I've been on the forums guys were bashing you say oh look another greenrock thread at first I didn't get it but like two months after I joined I realized why they were bashing you because you're a troll greenrock y u trol seriously do you have a problem with black people I'm black and never call someone racist unless I have proff but I think you are either trolling hard or you don't like blacks and btw Franklin is my favorite protag the real question why do you care who other people like some guys like Michael some Trevor some Franklin now here's the non GTA part some like Cena(Idiots) some like Ziggler(me) others like CM Punk(me again) but everybody likes Brad Maddox

Rumeye
  • Rumeye

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:35 PM

Most people still thinks that Los Santos means Grove st, gang wars etc. and that Franklin is actually CJ.

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:38 PM Edited by tinman187, 23 September 2013 - 01:40 PM.

This thread has potential to get ugly lol. Thing is, not everyone is going to like the same thing, people have different taste's. Why should it bother you if people like Franklin, that's just kinda lame, like who f*cking cares lol

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

I don't get it

You're coming off like a real white nationalist here lmao. Why would a skin colour determine what protags people are inclined to like? I doubt it has much to do with the protags skin color either, I'm sure if the protag was a Latino/white/etc. person from a gang background most people would like it all the same.

There is so little representation of street gangs in games and the ones that do exist are done terribly.. GTA is the one franchise that managed to get it semi-right so people appreciate that. Not everyone is intrigued by the cookie-cutter suit and tie wearing fantasy mafioso stuff especially when street gangs are so deeply rooted in American history and for many players, experience that culture on a daily basis.

• Killzone VII likes this

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

Hes just a sidekick .

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

he just stood in the background the whole time....

I guess people like the "gangsta hood sh*t" more then the "professesional crime sh*t"

I like Franklin the most because he was the best protagonist of the three.

/thread

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Frank is definitely a weak character. Michael is ok for a yuppie. Trevor is Canadian who hates "hillbillies, rednecks, blah blah blah. R* had the opportunity to make something cool here for everyone, instead they take the same, predicted route. My rating score for GTA V has dropped considerably. I don't like how rednecks are always the butt joke in R*'s games and movies. that sh*t couldn't be further from the truth and they know it, but obviously R* knows who their master is. It's just typical, but whatever. Dan Houser and friends are obviously morons who know nothing about real-world Amerika, particularly the country folk. But they're british foreigners so why would I expect anything more??

• rex84 likes this

bmarshall15
  • bmarshall15

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

lol, you suckas are funny.

• rex84 likes this

Braindawg
  • Braindawg

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Best Total Overhaul 2016 [Shine o' Vice]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Retarded ass thread.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Not surprised to see another idiot pull out the race card on someone for not liking Franklin.

• rex84 likes this

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

franklins voice was very unfitting he always no matter what he did seemed like a very very nice person the voice just was well i can't describe it way too nice

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by Romario, 23 September 2013 - 03:11 PM.

Saw thread created by known troll greenrock, entered, commented and then left.

JacoBee
  • JacoBee

Still waiting...

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

I dont understand how somebody like trevor.

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

Not surprised to see another idiot pull out the race card on someone for not liking Franklin.

bth_ThatsRacist.gif

• rex84 likes this

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:16 PM Edited by ShinobiFixer, 23 September 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Some people have no imagination.  To me, he wasn't about the money.  He was about getting out of the hood and becoming a professional criminal.

I can relate because I'm from California.  

I use him the most because he's a beast in a car, and in the modern age that is like a gunslinger on a horse.  Except I use a silenced Micro SMG and I just spray bullets.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

I dont understand how somebody like trevor.

He had some very funny moments but hard to like him completely for me anyway. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users