Photo

GTA Online Player Count Possibly Increased to 32

23 replies to this topic
Tense
  • Tense

Mr Zucchini

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hey, my apologies if anyone has posted this already. It's just speculation at this point more or less, but its still quite promising:

http://www.computera...players-not-16/

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:29 AM Edited by Munx, 23 September 2013 - 11:35 AM.

Not impossible, it might very well have been why R* held back online for another 2 weeks, so they could try to force even more players in there.

That said, I think online will feel very much alive even if it is just 16 players.

Hell even in SP it almost feels like a mp game because of the detailed ai.

Also worth mentioning that this is for xbox, which make sense as the online support for xbox is quite a bit better.

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

This should be interesting..

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

I highly doubt it.. on the back of the game case it says online multiplayer 2-16. I doubt that after a week of the release they'd already bump it up to 32. If they CAN do that you think they would have done it before release and then put 2-32 on the case. Didn't they already test the amount of players that works with online well before the release of the game? I don't see how anything could have drastically changed for them to now be able to push it up to 32 players. It would be cool but it's really doubtful. 

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

I highly doubt it.. on the back of the game case it says online multiplayer 2-16. I doubt that after a week of the release they'd already bump it up to 32. If they CAN do that you think they would have done it before release and then put 2-32 on the case. Didn't they already test the amount of players that works with online well before the release of the game? I don't see how anything could have drastically changed for them to now be able to push it up to 32 players. It would be cool but it's really doubtful. 

You do of course realise that they don't make the cases for the games 1 week before release? Infact most create the boxart etc months before the game is ready to go gold.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

You do of course realise that they don't make the cases for the games 1 week before release? Infact most create the boxart etc months before the game is ready to go gold.

Still, that goes to show that they tested the player limit for multiplayer a longgg time ago, and they were completely set with 16. I'm sure they tried to do more, but obviously couldn't on these consoles' hardware without problems. I'm wondering if this is actually true, what changed? 

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:04 PM

The source I read was here:

http://metro.co.uk/2...report-4089298/

Which states they have a "surprise" waiting, regarding the player limit. 

According to the files the game modes will include a 32-player free-for-all ‘Freemode’, Deathmatch mode, Team Deathmatch mode, and ‘Races’ mode.

But you never know until October 1st.

Tense
  • Tense

Mr Zucchini

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:03 PM

Everything aside, how insane would a 32 car race be? Chaos, but in an awesome way.

Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:43 PM

:panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:

If this is true I'm going on a parade.

• LJseemyflow likes this

bite
  • bite

Student

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:47 PM Edited by FRiChicken, 23 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

Hey,

just saw this topic, consoles will have only 16 player support(AFAIK) ->

<Item>
<PoolName>NetworkCrewDataMgr</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="16"/>
</Item>

<Item>
<PoolName>CCombatInfo</PoolName>
<PoolSize value="16"/>
</Item>

and many other..

So at the moment the game can only handle 16 players(which are obviously playing online together)..

Idk who told you that there's a 32 mp, but due the game files and the disassembly, I'm sure that there's only a 16 player support

Regards

/edit

Also the R* GTA Online page says there will be a maximum of 16 players.. http://www.rockstarg...com/V/GTAOnline

Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography...

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:08 PM Edited by ThatRandomGuy42, 23 September 2013 - 03:14 PM.

While I doubt it's true, 32 players would be pure awesome.

You could have 4 players doing a heist as 10 others are in the middle of a race. Maybe 2 more players are playing golf while the rest are all in a death-match trying to off each other.

Los Santos would be reduced to rubble about 2 hrs into a session.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

R* never said bit couldn't be done...its just that 16 was the most ideal number of player to keep lag down...

32 players on different sizes of the map wouldn't be any problem... It's when they are all in the same area at the same timebits hard for the consoles to process all the information that's coming and going..result,..server crash...

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Thinking on the subject more and how they want to carry on GTA online to next gen... I think we are going to see the player count and vastness go up when the next gen consoles are out (but only for those consoles). This goes in line with the whole ps4 and xbox one can't play games on live with the last gen thing and gives a reason to buy the online a second time.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

Sorry, they already set it up for only 16 players. I don't think they're going to change it, when it's already on the back of the game case.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

Battlefield doesnt even support 32.

It will be 16 tho.

Moe36
  • Moe36

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

Doubt they hold this back, Maybe it was originally planned for 32 and they realized it be too hard. Also why would they keep it a secret, it won't make anyone buy the game cause of more online players.

RGC Dynamics
  • RGC Dynamics

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

Not going to lie I was expecting more than 16 to begin your telling me 16 players are going to be in that Big ass world like seriously thats nothing. I was expecting like 50 players when I first saw the multiplayer with crew vs crew in the open world doing missions bank robbing and all that stuff. They better up the player count from 16 or the open world experience will be very lame.

Tense
  • Tense

Mr Zucchini

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

I do tend to agree with most that it probably won't happen, although I think an increased player count will likely come if (or should I say when) we get next gen/PC versions of the game.

RGC Dynamics
  • RGC Dynamics

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

Sad we have to wait till next gen consoles to get 32 players just because rockstar doesn't want to implement it.

Blacc94
  • Blacc94

G

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:33 AM

Sad we have to wait till next gen consoles to get 32 players just because rockstar doesn't want to implement it.

Maybe it's not that they don't want to, maybe they can't..

LJseemyflow
  • LJseemyflow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

:panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:  :panic:
If this is true I'm going on a parade.

LJseemyflow
  • LJseemyflow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

I'm goin on a parade with ya if this is true!!!

GoofyGoober88
  • GoofyGoober88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

I Think if GTA Online makes its way to NextGen/PC then the player count will be raised but on current gen Im not so sure.

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

Its just been confirmed that its decreased to 12

https://twitter.com/RockstarGames

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users