Photo

Aircraft handling in GTA V is bad

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic
l1l2l3l4l5l
  • l1l2l3l4l5l

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:19 AM Edited by l1l2l3l4l5l, 23 September 2013 - 01:01 PM.

T4R

Both airplanes and helicopters handle like trash. Why do the airplanes twitch on their own? Even with 100/100 flying level. In real life, you can leave an airplanes yoke alone for minutes at a time and it will keep steady. Realism aside, if Rockstar was trying this, WHY? We're using gamepads not flight simulator setups. As for turbulence, it rarely happens at low altitudes. The rudders slam the aircraft making precise movements impossible since the bumpers are just clicks. Everything is way to twitchy.

As for helicopters, they are near impossible to be steady without using all of your limbs at once to control but once again, we're using gamepads not flight simulator setups. GTA IV's helicopter control was perfect. The auto-leveling is also extremely annoying. 

This is easily fixable by just tweaking a few numbers in a .dat file but knowing Rockstar, we're going to have to wait until it comes out for PC and someone makes a handling mod. 

TL;DR - The aircraft handling in this game is worse than Just Cause 2 and that's saying something 

cheetah_7
  • cheetah_7

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

I don't like how the screen tilts with the plane. I would prefer the screen to stay level, whilst only the plane moves (like in San Andreas, and in the flight school tutorials). Is there any way to change this?

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Level up your flying you assholes. 

• jimbos0013, BenniMBXD, blackbriar and 1 other like this

l1l2l3l4l5l
  • l1l2l3l4l5l

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

I don't like how the screen tilts with the plane. I would prefer the screen to stay level, whilst only the plane moves (like in San Andreas, and in the flight school tutorials). Is there any way to change this?

This is easily fixable by just tweaking a few numbers in a .dat file but knowing Rockstar, we're going to have to wait until it comes out for PC and someone makes a handling mod.

VivaSonny
  • VivaSonny

San Andreas utopian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

the main reason it's bad is because there are no classic controls. the new standard setup is bad for cars but when it somes to  planes and helicopters it even becomes worse.

but the reasons you guys said are also true

Technetic
  • Technetic

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:29 AM

Level up your flying you assholes. 

Big difference between flying levels. 

If you dont notice a difference then you're an idiot.

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Yeah the 'turbulence' is terrible, it's so annoying flying the Frogger just because it weaves all over the place, haven't flown the other helis much. The planes aren't bad, but it's still completely unnecessary.

ChpokXxX
  • ChpokXxX

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Pc will fix that.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

I've never been great at flying in any GTA game, but I'm much worse in this one than any other. I did get all golds in my first attempt in the Flight School with Michael, except on the two helicopter challenges (got silvers instead), but when I'm actually flying around in the actual game, I just suck. Always flying circles to hit targets, swerving like a drunk pilot, etc.

Hey, I never claimed to be a great pilot. In all GTA games, I only bothered to learn enough to do well, but not enough to exceed expectations.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Flying is really not that hard.

l1l2l3l4l5l
  • l1l2l3l4l5l

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

It isn't hard it's just impossible to do precise movements. It's going to be next to impossible to accurately strafe cars on the freeway when this thing goes online.

You can't accurately adjust your yawing and you have to extremely, extremely sensitive to accurately pitch to your desired angle.

Gaunty
  • Gaunty

Englishman

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

The flying is extremely fun. I'd rather have turbulence than just "oh look, I can fly in a straight line for several minutes without even a bump". That sort of sh*t can stay in Saints Row.

• pilot410 and D1SC0NT1NU3D like this

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:10 AM Edited by jamieleng, 23 September 2013 - 10:13 AM.

Learn to play the game you sh*tc*nts, I have no problem with it, I dont see how yous all struggle with it.

Is it really necessary to be so aggressive. Oh & there's no such word as yous, it's you're.

English lesson over.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

I like planes, helicopters just wobble so much it makes me dizzy. I could try perfect it but at the end of the day all i want to use it for is to get to the other side of the map as fast as possible

Hendrix89
  • Hendrix89

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

It is very twitchy for myself, same as the Helicopters, i find no issue with the controls. + Flying is at 100 for all 3 characters.

Although my POV comes from games/ Simulators such as FSX (Flight Simulator X), IL2 Sturmovik 1946, DCS World (+Modules) etc.

Slippery Gypsy
  • Slippery Gypsy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

Not hard... just annoying and silly

• GMAC Webs likes this

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Learn to play the game you sh*tc*nts, I have no problem with it, I dont see how yous all struggle with it.

Is it really necessary to be so aggressive. Oh & there's no such word as yous, it's you're.

English lesson over.

this.

Oh, and to "OFWGKTA": If you don't get it. We think you are a stupid moron.

• ~OFWGKTA~ likes this

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

Yeah, the rotation actually sucks, i hope they will fix it

• GMAC Webs likes this

~OFWGKTA~
  • ~OFWGKTA~

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

English lesson over.

this.

Oh, and to "OFWGKTA": If you don't get it. We think you are a stupid moron.

Your english lesson was not very good, if i said, "i dont see how YOU'RE all struggle with it" that wouldn't make much sense now, would it? But if i put 'ing' in the end of struggle, then yes, it would make sense, and i wasn't being agressive at all, and finally I couldn't care if people on the internet think i'm a stupid moron.

• Creyes One and Damp Sausage like this

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

Personally I love the flying in gta V, much better then any previous games (gta iv was just to damn easy).

That said, I do think the turbulence could be toned down quite a bit, and instead have harsher turbulence when it rains or in other scenarios where it makes sense.

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

I really have felt absolutely no problems with the flying at all. I feel anyone who complains about something being bad usually always sucks at what they are trying to do. You have to remember this isn't GTA:SA anymore, planes don't just fly in straight lines with weird and unrealistic handling. What we have now fits the feel of the rest of the game, and I'd rather have a consistent feel throughout the game than a feel which changes from vehicle to vehicle.

• Jacob-B likes this

datboishad
  • datboishad

realisitic boob physics!!!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

the screen tilt annoys me

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:39 AM

I like how it's more difficult, it'll be great how the bad players won't be able to rely on them to get kills. Having said that, I've basically mastered them already and can't wait to fry some people with them.

Ulfhethnar
  • Ulfhethnar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:41 AM

The only thing wrong with flight is there is no level out button for helicopters like GTA IV.  I would really hate for strafing to be easy as f*ck when online comes out.  

DP Man
  • DP Man

GH3O ▲SS

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

The only thing wrong with flight is there is no level out button for helicopters like GTA IV.  I would really hate for strafing to be easy as f*ck when online comes out.  

Luckily, it's a lot more difficult for players now. 

blakeney
  • blakeney

⚖☮▲

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

English lesson over.

Seriously.... dont go into teaching :blink:

What you are saying is that in proper English, it would be "I dont see how you are all struggle with it."

Sounds "Eastern European English".. say it in a Borat voice lol...

• ~OFWGKTA~ likes this

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

The flying is fine.  No complaints here, but I'm still waiting to try the jets in GTA Online.

I expect more aircraft to be available on Oct 1st.

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:46 AM

I thought the flying was pretty good.

Of course it's not a flight simulator, but it doesn't try to be. It's just part of a real life mechanic which adds satisfaction to landing in the game.

I don't know how many of you have landed or even been in a plane such as a cessna, but those that have will know that if you're in light aircraft like that IRL, you'll suffer from turbulence if the ATC controller farts a little too strongly. 

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:50 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 23 September 2013 - 11:51 AM.

I really have felt absolutely no problems with the flying at all. I feel anyone who complains about something being bad usually always sucks at what they are trying to do. You have to remember this isn't GTA:SA anymore, planes don't just fly in straight lines with weird and unrealistic handling. What we have now fits the feel of the rest of the game, and I'd rather have a consistent feel throughout the game than a feel which changes from vehicle to vehicle.

Indeed, this is not GTA:SA anymore, this is worse. You can't do this sh*t on GTA:SA:

ijy1l944mgr95.gif

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

I disagree

I love the handling in this game

You guys should play Flight Simulator instead LOL

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users