» «
Photo

Will Graphics be degraded online?

12 replies to this topic
Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:16 AM Edited by Deathwish91, 23 September 2013 - 07:16 AM.

Well, just about almost every other game when it comes to its multiplayer takes a slight hit in the graphics department. I think this was the case with GTA IV but I haven't played that game in ages so Idk. The youtube video isn't really clear to me, but from what it looks like the graphics are the same as the singleplayer. This might be an obvious question to most of you, but I just want some confirmation to reassure myself. 

VillNess
  • VillNess

Apina

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

For me, nothing is confirmed until I see it on my television. But I listened to GTA V o'clock podcast about GTA Online and they said there's no degrade of graphics in Online.

Only 8 days to see if it's true :D

Deathwish91
  • Deathwish91

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

For me, nothing is confirmed until I see it on my television. But I listened to GTA V o'clock podcast about GTA Online and they said there's no degrade of graphics in Online.

Hope thats the case as well :) Time is going to freakin slow....

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

Kinda doubt it, what rockstar has said is that they built the world first and then saw how many players they could push in there without causing problems, 16 was supposedly the magic number, so I dont think it should be a issue.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

Hope thats the case as well :) Time is going to freakin slow....

Funny thing for me is that time couldn't be going faster.  I blew through the whole first week since I got GTA V by just playing GTA V.  The next week will be time for preparation for GTA Online/trying to attack Fort Zancudo whilst trying to also obtain a fighter jet without cheats (already done it with cheats), as I've already beaten the story.  So I'll be spending more time on the forums while my brother screws around in GTA V for a week, and then I'll take the console back into my den come midnight of October 1st.

OT: No, because of Rockstar magic.  Seriously though, I doubt the graphics will be degraded.  And I don't think they were degraded in IV, but it could because I couldn't give a sh*t for minor graphical issues (though on the PC, it can be really sh*tty if you don't know how to turn off the performance-based limiters/have a low-end computer without the low-end enhancement mod).  Just a week and several hours remain before the truth is unveiled...

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Insert Things I Hate Here

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

In IV:MP, graphics were identical to SP.

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

the only thing that is different between SP and MP is the Lag you got in IV Online.

VillNess
  • VillNess

Apina

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:21 AM

I've been reading, watching and dreaming about GTA Online more for past few days and I think I saw in one of those GTA V O'clock facts videos that the streaming will be different in online (specifically vehicles). Not sure what that means but I don't mind as it's still Online and there are people connections and the data between players etc. I will be fine with the Online as long as it doesn't look and play like GTA IV... haha :p

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

No reduced anything...so they say...that's why we only get a max of 16 players.. Keeps lag down and environments load quickly.

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

in a german article they said the car models are less detailed or something, it was translated though so who knows.

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

In looking for a gta v podcast. It's called o clock?

sirius89
  • sirius89

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:05 AM Edited by sirius89, 24 September 2013 - 03:05 AM.

No,in the "cvg" interview with Lesley The Benz (Rockstar president) he said what you see in SP is what you get in MP.The ONLY thing he said they may reduce is how good the car detail gets streamed in or however you wanna call it but that's it.Everything else will be the same with no downgrade.

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

For me, the only slow down I have encountered in single player was during the swimming portion of the first triathlon.

For mp, I see them toning down the number of npcs, cars, etc, to accommodate the extra pcs(player characters) or entirely depopulating areas outside of player range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users