Quantcast

» «
Photo

Unmarked Police Cruiser Locations & Images (4 Colors)

60 replies to this topic
Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:14 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 25 September 2013 - 03:11 AM.

Not sure if this is considered a spoiler since it's got nothing to do with mission progress.

*NOT about FIB vehicles, police bikes, police vans, or other special units*

This topic covers all 4 currently known colors of the unmarked police cruiser.

- Gray

- Blue

- Red

- Black

All in one location!!!

UPDATE: Page 2 reveals a 5th color (Silver) has been discovered!

They can all be obtained during the side quest involving Barry, when you use Franklin to find a weed stash. Once in the area, you'll have just a few minutes before the timer stops & the mission fails. That's the only issue because the unmarked cruisers are only present there during the mission. The police vehicle in the back actually doesn't even appear until the automated phone call is made.

TwKR0dT.jpg?1?5776

Near the truck (with the stash) are the two unmarked cruisers, DO NOT GET IN THE TRUCK!

Both police vehciles have 2 occupants, a driver & front passenger. The cars are parked.

Normally a gray unmarked cruiser will be sitting out front.
Normally a blue unmarked cruiser will be sitting behind it in the next alleyway.

0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

Throwing the police out of the car is recommended over shooting them.
Shooting them gives you 3 stars, which will call for a helicopter......a pain to lose.

Once you've gotten whichever vehicle you desire, lose the police. There's a big path, shallow water nearby & under the highway, a good spot. Once your wanted level is clear, let the remaining mission time expire, DO NOT RETRY MISSION, instead quit the attempt & continue free roam. You'll remain in the car. Recommend that you save the car in a garage, sometimes saving & loading while in the car itself will cause it to vanish.

For the red & black versions though, it's a bit time consuming.

You'll need to steal the blue version first, proceeding through the steps presented above. DO NOT SAVE THE CAR. Travel just far enough that the mission search area lights up again (green zone). The police cars will not appear if the mission doesn't. Arriving in the blue unmarked police car will cause a red version to spawn where the gray usually appears, & a black version to spawn where the blue usually appears.

0_0.jpg
0_0.jpg

In the end, if you want all 4, you'll have to steal the blue version several times. Also you can technically do this however many times that you want, aquiring countless unmarked police cruisers, as long as you don't complete the actual side quest mission that is.

• Organ-Donor, slydog and MikeTheDeal like this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:27 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 23 September 2013 - 10:27 AM.

All 4 can fit in Michael's big (bought) garage & save. That's if you do a vehicle swap somewhere.

Saving while driving them is not recommended as they might vanish when you load the save.

& yes they all appear dirty as crap while under the npc control.

zdtzPPP.jpg?1?6857

Thanks to TheTerminatorNY for discovering the existance of the red version, which inspired me to search into the event in hopes of finding the black variant there. Maybe there are even more colors.........

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:40 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 23 September 2013 - 08:30 AM.

REMINDER!
Using a unmarked blue version that you have saved/loaded in your garage will NOT work. Upon arriving to the area, the mission seems to register it as yours & thus will spawn blue & gray npc controlled units again. Strangely enough, they swap locations in this situation.

Examples below, where I loaded a save with a blue version in my garage & took it to the location.

As you can see, a gray version now sits where a blue normally would. (My saved blue next to it)

Below that is a photo of the blue unmarked npc controlled cruiser in the front.

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

• slydog likes this

Drewster327
  • Drewster327

Copper

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

When you get the special police cars, don't park them in Franklins garage, they disapear after the Big Heist mission. I tried to re-steal the cars and park them and they still disapeared. When I went back in my saved files and went back a couple missions they saved just fine. Best way to keep them is save them in the Big Garage you bought, they seem to save fine there. In terms of the multicolored unmarked cars, I wonder if R* meant for those to be easter eggs?

• Foreverpast likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:05 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 23 September 2013 - 08:07 AM.

When you get the special police cars, don't park them in Franklins garage, they disapear after the Big Heist mission. I tried to re-steal the cars and park them and they still disapeared. When I went back in my saved files and went back a couple missions they saved just fine. Best way to keep them is save them in the Big Garage you bought, they seem to save fine there. In terms of the multicolored unmarked cars, I wonder if R* meant for those to be easter eggs?

Not sure about the easter egg idea, maybe for the red & black versions since they're a pain to get.

I completed the main story before doing this, forgot to mention possible garage issues for those who haven't.

My apologies.

Thank you for mentioning that Drewster327.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:40 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 23 September 2013 - 08:44 AM.

More details/pictures on the location.

You can arrive from the south (entry spot further down too) however the rear police unit will not appear until you get close to the truck/automatically activate phone call. The front unit will be present though as long as the search area is active. (Search area/huge green zone not shown here)

You can see the front unmarked unit from the road. (The northern route entry point)

FvULsUQ.jpg?1

YfxVEGc.jpg?1?1957

• slydog likes this

calearne
  • calearne

GTAO is a complete abomination compared to GTA IV multiplayer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

How do you swap/trade cars between characters?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:42 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 23 September 2013 - 09:48 AM.

Basically keep switching between two characters quickly, have them meetup somewhere.

Example:

- I got the black unmarked police cruiser with Franklin, however I wanted to put it in Michael's garage.

- Had them meet up in town, switching between the two several times.

(Waiting too long will allow one to move elsewhere)

- At the meetup I had Michael on foot as I approached him as Franklin (driving).

- I switched back to Michael & approached the car.

- Getting close to the now npc controlled Franklin caused him to exit the vehicle & talk to me.

(Asking if I wanted to hang out)

- As Michael, I took the car from Franklin as he was talking to me.

It was funny because he said "Are you really doing that bro???"  :lol:

Be mindful the character your taking it from might try to take it back, so drive away immediatly.

It's a safer method than leaving the car unoccupied & bringing another character to it.

(Reduces chances of the car vanishing while unattended)

• slydog likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:04 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 23 September 2013 - 10:07 AM.

Example of coming from the south & the southern enterance.

Red arrow shows the alleyway where the front vehicle is located.

Blue arrow shows the alleyway where the rear vehicle is located.

Remember the rear one doesn't appear until your automated phone call to Barry about finding the truck.

The front vehicle appears as long as your in the search area.

K3UrMWK.jpg?1?47309hsL5HK.jpg?1

• slydog likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

When I get back from work today I'll go through the steps of getting the black version again.

I'll use it in the same method as the blue, maybe doing so will get more colors that we haven't seen yet.

If anyone has managed to snatch the black or red variant, let me know. Hoping I'm not the only one able to get all of them in that one location. Easier than the "loop" area.

slydog
  • slydog

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

Thanks very informative got me the first three just need the black one but nowhere to store it (Merryweather jeep taking up space). Unless one can get it as Trevor.

Organ-Donor
  • Organ-Donor

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:15 PM

I'll try when I get home, great post OP thanks.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

There's also a unmarked cruiser at Strawberry avenue, near the shooting range, so if you've already completed that stranger mission, you can still obtain it, as any protagonist.

Organ-Donor
  • Organ-Donor

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:32 PM

There's also a unmarked cruiser at Strawberry avenue, near the shooting range, so if you've already completed that stranger mission, you can still obtain it, as any protagonist.

just randomly sitting there? Does it spawn all colors?

Démotrix
  • Démotrix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

And what exactly is the purpose of having unmarked police cars? :D

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Very interesting and very descriptive. Thanks for this Foreverpast.

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

I haven't found it.. I keep going to the same place that's in the picture.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:33 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 23 September 2013 - 10:40 PM.

I haven't found it.. I keep going to the same place that's in the picture.

Have you activated the side mission as Franklin? A green search zone area will appear there.

And what exactly is the purpose of having unmarked police cars? :D

Just rare police vehicles, fully functional light & siren system.

Civilians still stop/pull over when the sirens are on, just like they do for the normal police vehicles.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:38 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 23 September 2013 - 10:40 PM.

just randomly sitting there? Does it spawn all colors?

I was wondering about that too, is it possible to obtain all 4 colors from that location?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:06 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 23 September 2013 - 11:13 PM.

2 other things to note:

- Random unoccupied civilian cars may spawn right by/near the front unmarked vehicle.

They have no connection to the mission.

- Recommended that you stop & get some armor before going for the red or black versions.

Officers in the passenger seat often get shots on you while your pulling away.

You're stealing twice in a row...............you'll need it.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:23 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 23 September 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Interesting event just happened:

Working on finding more colors, so I stole a blue version first.

However I left the area after losing the cops to stop by & get more armor.

Seems that when you travel too far away from the area while still in the unmarked blue cruiser, it causes a different order to spawn when the mission starts again. Instead of the red out front & black in the rear, another gray was out front & a red was in the back.

0_0.jpg

UPDATE:

Stole the red one from that scenario, pulling up in it (restarting mission) caused 2 black versions to appear! Both front & rear vehicles.

CCarvalho224
  • CCarvalho224

"Courage, Integrity & Pride"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:31 AM

Is there any way to get the black cruiser if you've completed the story? 

I tried quitting the mission after the timer ran out after stealing the blue one and it just brought me back to my "current time". 

doutee8
  • doutee8

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:33 AM Edited by doutee8, 24 September 2013 - 12:39 AM.

location.png

Also here at night they spawn in that underpass sometimes

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:38 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 24 September 2013 - 12:41 AM.

Is there any way to get the black cruiser if you've completed the story? 

I tried quitting the mission after the timer ran out after stealing the blue one and it just brought me back to my "current time". 

I'm not quite sure what you mean.

If you mean "story" as in the game's main storyline, I beat that before all this.

"Current time"  ?

Once you steal the car, stay in it, lose the cops, remain close to the area.

Personally, I return & park in the area as the timer counts down.

Once it does:

- Select QUIT when the mission fail screen appears.

- A second menu will appear immediatly after that, confirming that you want to continue.

Select yes.

You should end up in "free roam" mode & still in the unmarked cruiser.

I've always lost my wanted level before the timer runs out, maybe that's a factor.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:39 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 24 September 2013 - 12:42 AM.

location.png

Also here at night they spawn in that underpass

All 4 colors?

I know the Van, Bike, Marked Buffalo, etc spawn there too.

doutee8
  • doutee8

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

location.png

Also here at night they spawn in that underpass

All 4 colors?

I know the Van, Bike, Marked Buffalo, etc spawn there too.

no only the black color

flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:49 AM Edited by flyer2359, 24 September 2013 - 12:49 AM.

Made a video for the Gray, Blue and Red cars for those of you that still aren't sure.

• Foreverpast likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:57 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 24 September 2013 - 12:59 AM.

Made a video for the Gray, Blue and Red cars for those of you that still aren't sure.

Excellent video.

I ran several more tests with the blue, & it's all about distance:

Stay close to the area: Red in front, Black in rear.

Leave area & come back: Gray in front, Red in rear. (Like in your video)

If you had gone back with the red one in your video (stayed close), 2 black versions would've appeared next.

Cha Boy Jesus
  • Cha Boy Jesus

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:29 AM

going with a red appears to make 2 blacks appear.

Another thing to note:

If you wait till the last like 10 or 15 seconds to jack one of the cruisers the mission will end up if you quit your wanted level will disappear but youll have the cruiser. This helps from trying to evade the cops as it is annoying. 

• Foreverpast likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

If you wait till the last like 10 or 15 seconds to jack one of the cruisers the mission will end up if you quit your wanted level will disappear but youll have the cruiser. This helps from trying to evade the cops as it is annoying. 

Very nice, I usually go under the highway that's nearby.

Officers don't seem to follow you to the shallow water route.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users