Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which housing properties will be available?

8 replies to this topic
Groovysunflowers
  • Groovysunflowers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

In SP I see so many "for sale" "for rent" and "foreclosure" signs on random houses and buildings...do you think these will be the houses available to purchase online? Or will every single house on a given street be available? Will you be able to see what the inside looks like before you buy it? If these are the houses available I want to do some window shopping first! :)

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else; I'm new here and could not fin these questions/answers anywhere.

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:06 AM

Good question.

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

It's a little strange that the apartment of the online trailer/end of gameplay trailer is not available in SP, neither has the building any see through glass which would indicate that there's an apartment.

This makes me believe that a lot of housing will be unlocked with the online mode, it seems like these things were kept for online to not mess up the story too much in SP, maybe it wouldn't have made much sense to buy different housing with the main protagonists, while your online character is pretty much you and therefore you have more possibilities, at least that's what I think.

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:49 AM Edited by EJTexasMade, 23 September 2013 - 11:58 AM.

The number of apartments for rent on MP has already been outed by the hidden messages on the Collector's Edition blacklight poster. There's nothing there when you go to those spots on SP.

http://www.ign.com/w...int_Map_Secrets

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

The number of apartments for rent on MP has already been outed by the hidden messages on the Collector's Edition blacklight poster. There's nothing there when you go to those spots on SP.

http://www.ign.com/w...int_Map_Secrets

I spot houses in the desert. :D

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

I don't see how an ownable house could work out in GTA Online. I mean apartments etc. sure but a house with a one time only physical location? How do you allow multiple players to own e.g. a mansion in the hills without having them instanced (which would seriously f*ck up the gameplay flow, I mean how do you instance a physical location and how do you decide who is put in what instance?)?

Gaunty
  • Gaunty

Englishman

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by Gaunty, 23 September 2013 - 04:01 PM.

I reckon all houses in the SP that have a 'For sale' or 'Sold' sign outside will be purchasable. GTA:O takes place a short time before GTAV, right? By the time GTAV happens, surely your character will have moved in somewhere/rented some places out?

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:56 PM

THE REASON WHY PROPERTIES ARE NOT IN SINGLE PLAYER IS BECAUSE ROCKSTAR IS ALLOWING PEOPLE TO PAY FOR IN GAME MONEY....

Groovysunflowers
  • Groovysunflowers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

Thanks for the replies, guys! I wasn't aware of the secret blueprint map! And yeah I've seen a lot of confusion about multiple people owning the same house and how that will play out...I guess we'll see when it launches! Have you guys already decided where you want to live?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users