Photo

No passive police?

25 replies to this topic
Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

So I've beaten the game and played it for some time after.  I can't recall one moment where I saw a cop just casually driving down the road like a normal person.  You see them chasing other people, and obviously they spawn when you get a wanted level.  I've also spotted them parked on the highway from time to time.  But do you ever see police just driving down the road like a normal person?

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:06 AM Edited by SilencedScream, 23 September 2013 - 04:06 AM.

I've seen them once or twice with sirens on, chasing an NPC at random, usually when I was in a cab and fixing lunch while the cab drove me to the location.

Those were the only times, though.

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

I've seen them once or twice with sirens on, chasing an NPC at random, usually when I was in a cab and fixing lunch while the cab drove me to the location.

Yes, I mentioned seeing that, but have you ever seen a passive cop? Not chasing or anything, just driving around.

EminentDomain17
  • EminentDomain17

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:16 AM

I have a few times. Sometime they are in unmarked cars which is cool as hell. I also see them sometimes off the highway like state police taking speed I'd assume..or sleeping

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen a cop just walking...they only come in cars.

Mannulus
  • Mannulus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:35 AM Edited by Mannulus, 23 September 2013 - 04:35 AM.

Yeah, I don't know why they had to cut passive police from the traffic. Maybe because there was so many in GTA IV and made going high speed a pain without hitting one. So instead of toning it down we decided to cut it all together!

SkyArmor
  • SkyArmor

i like trains

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

TRIXXY SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUXXXS

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen a cop just walking...they only come in cars.

In some locations the Police will park, exit their vehicle and tell loiters to get lost. Ive seen it maybe once or twice...wish it was more often and that the LSPD were more visible. Seems they only spawn when somethings happened or you get too close to a police station with a wanted level on.

At the airport though...Theres numerous locations where the police officers are standing 'guard' with body armor and assault rifles with their interceptors parked nearby.

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

In some locations the Police will park, exit their vehicle and tell loiters to get lost. Ive seen it maybe once or twice...wish it was more often and that the LSPD were more visible. Seems they only spawn when somethings happened or you get too close to a police station with a wanted level on.

At the airport though...Theres numerous locations where the police officers are standing 'guard' with body armor and assault rifles with their interceptors parked nearby.

There's plenty of stationary police around, and police engaged in a chase.  But from what I've seen, there are no police just driving down the road like normal.

afatbanana
  • afatbanana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:43 AM

i've seen passive police cars roaming the city a handful of times. seems like there are very very rare

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

They do drive around, but like said before, it's very rare. I also saw 2 cops on foot patrolling an area yesterday. They're there, just not very often

erikdope
  • erikdope

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

I've often times wondered this. No, I haven't seen any either, which is nice, but at the same time, meh. Killing rampages are way more fun when you start with a bunch of cops. Lol

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

Today I saw a cop drive away from the impound, so I followed him only to have him almost immediately start chasing a cab driver that wasn't doing anything.. Silly cops looking for action.

wallpaper42
  • wallpaper42

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:19 AM

I'm guessing they did this to add another civilian car to the spawn pool.

H0WITZER
  • H0WITZER

One Sexy F*ck

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:21 AM

Yes, I mentioned seeing that, but have you ever seen a passive cop? Not chasing or anything, just driving around.

i always see the driving around the airport and sometimes pulling into the prison casually. 

Fallen_Knight
  • Fallen_Knight

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

Either I see them standing near important locations, sitting in cars by the highway or just chasing people. 

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

None of them are fat either...I miss killing a true pig.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:40 AM

In my entire playthrough I think I've only seen them once driving passively.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

It's very rare and usually just around the police station and impound. I once saw cops get in a shootout, they won it, got back in their car and drove for like 5 seconds and then flipped their sirens on. I followed them, but they literally drove around the block for 5 minutes with their sirens on, going no where, after nobody. I gave up and left. So even if you do follow them they are likely to just flip their sirens on and go after someone else or flip them on and go nowhere. I never see them stay passive. I even see them going after people for doing nothing wrong, which ends up in a shootout. I never see them arrest anyone, use their tasers, or their night sticks. 

MarkLT451
  • MarkLT451

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

So I've beaten the game and played it for some time after.  I can't recall one moment where I saw a cop just casually driving down the road like a normal person.  You see them chasing other people, and obviously they spawn when you get a wanted level.  I've also spotted them parked on the highway from time to time.  But do you ever see police just driving down the road like a normal person?

Nope no passive police just driving around like in the old GTA games. I for one am thankful. This is a Grand Theft game. It was such a pain in the ass to be halfway through stealing a car and having a cop walk/drive around the corner then you got a police chase on your hands.  Or to be zipping around the city and barely swipe a cop car and then have them chasing you.

It seems Rockstar, thankfully, have made it to where they just spawn/respond to serious crimes like murder/assault/robbery. I really like the touch of adding the police chasing random NPCs through the city though. That gives it the feel like they are still there but not around every other damn corner like in previous GTA games. Being able to spawn them only when necessary also means you can have that many more regular NPC vehicles on the road to make it feel like a more vibrant populated city.

sagemred
  • sagemred

PC.

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

25 hours played and I've only seen one police car driving normally on the road... about 5 hours into the game I noticed I wasn't seeing them, so a good 20 hours of gameplay I was looking out for one to no avail.

I often see the random chases occur and police parked along the highway, but it really sucks they don't just drive around... So many fun times to be had by accidentally crashing into a police car :(

KeithMcClees
  • KeithMcClees

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

also I've yet to see a woman cop, I figured I'd see a few since theres a loading screen pic of one arresting a hot chick, maybe I just haven't seen one, I think it would be cool to see women as police since my town has a lot of them. And with diversity ex; black/white woman cop, spanish etc...it would be cool to hear them shouting at you through the cars megaphone. (the stuff the cops say when chasing you is pretty funny btw)

Destiel
  • Destiel

Blowin' Things Up

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

I've seen no cops apart from the ones chasing NPC's and the ones who are there to arrest me.   The only other time I see them is after they've killed the NPC they sometimes seem to forget about their vehicles and walk off down the street. 

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:58 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 24 September 2013 - 06:59 PM.

I saw two police cars passive in traffic today for the first time having played like 30 hours total.

So yeah, it's possible but rare.

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

I have seen "passive" cops in cruisers twice, both very near the Police Station/Car Impound. I also saw a female cop standing in front of the same Police Station chatting with another couple of cops. (P.S. There's free armor in the lobby of that same police station, so I've made a habit of stopping by there.)

yess
  • yess

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

I saw one today turning up an alley and burst siren gangmembers while slowly driving by them, the gang members just flipped them of..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users