Photo

Vehicle Damage Topic

8 replies to this topic
Zirvlok
  • Zirvlok

Reading and posting from my PS3

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

I wanted to make a thread talking specifically about things pertaining to vehicle damage. I want to lay down a few objective points about it before making my personal sentiment

Firstly, we have the deformation and breakable aspect of the vehicle damage. The deformation is similar to IV, however "Hardened", making it tougher smash up the vehicles. The breakable aspect of the vehicles has been expanded from IV, making it possible for bumpers, fenders, and wheels to fall off, on top of the wheels being jammed and misaligned. 

Secondly, we have the health and demise of the vehicles. It appears the vehicles no longer display their health via smoke and color of smoke as they used to, rather, they simply catch on fire when they're essentially finished. Vehicles will also explode if they are crushed sufficiently enough, or crash severely enough (Usually from big air, high speed falls).

These, and other things you can think of pertaining to the topic, are things I would like discussed. As for my personal sentiments with the things I talked about above, I'm at  odds with many of them. I feel the vehicle deformation has been toned down a little too much, although I welcome the addition of the more breakable elements. I also dislike the apparent absence of the smoke that comes from the vehicles, it seems like a step in the wrong direction. The thing I've felt displeasure from most of all though, is that of the vehicles exploding due to crushing or, in extreme cases, crashing. It really has been a stick in the mud for me. I was really looking forward to going on a dump truck rampage, but was denied due to this issue.

Please share you thoughts and feelings on some of these things and/or other things pertaining to the topic.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

theres about 400 threads pertaining to this topic already.

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

Cars get crush from trains, airplanes, and other large crashes. So no complaining. 

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

I crashed a fully modded sultan rs at full speed into the water barrels at the end of the ramp divider on the freeway and it did zero damage, didnt even break my headlights!  It shouldve smashed the front back into the wheels and made it undriveable and threw me out the front window, but nothing happened. LAME

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

I crashed a fully modded sultan rs at full speed into the water barrels at the end of the ramp divider on the freeway and it did zero damage, didnt even break my headlights!  It shouldve smashed the front back into the wheels and made it undriveable and threw me out the front window, but nothing happened. LAME

And I just bumped into a car and broke my headlights, so clearly the damage happens but it's just not consistent.

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

I was really looking forward to going on a dump truck rampage, but was denied due to this issue.

Glad to see I'm not the only one picking up on this small detail. The tank can crush vehicles, but a heavier mining truck can't. It's stupid.

Either the truck should be strengthened, or the vehicles simply shouldn't explode upon impact. Not very realistic at all.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by bicycles?, 23 September 2013 - 03:42 AM.

The explosions don't even look good and they're all exactly the same. With the exploding bullets cheat, the explosions don't even happen where the bullet strikes.

crash damage display was better on the ps2 games, as with most other important basics.

this doesn't meet my standard of a fun game so far. Beautiful and massive with extreme detail? Sure. But not fun for how I want to play.

considering returning it and buying a used copy after enough others do the same. Lost all respect I had left for rockstar with this one.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

And I just bumped into a car and broke my headlights, so clearly the damage happens but it's just not consistent.

yea its totally wack, you can crash the same car into the same thing at the same speed the exact same way and something different will happen every time, its super lame.  very rarely does anything major happen. I got hit by the train when i was in a tow truck and then it smashed me into an unmovable fence or pole and I went flying up in the air about 20 feet spinning around and landed on the track.  there was a small dent in the middle of the truck like the whole thing was bent a little but it still drove, lol, I would like to see more realistic damage happen, its pretty lame when you are indestructible and can crash into whatever you want.  ive hit lots of stuff head on full speed and only flown out the window one time but i when flying over a jump sideways and landed on the side in a brand new undamaged car and blew up instantly, wtf! makes zero sense to me.

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:54 AM Edited by Dylricho, 23 September 2013 - 03:55 AM.

The explosions don't even look good and they're all exactly the same. With the exploding bullets cheat, the explosions don't even happen where the bullet strikes.

crash damage display was better on the ps2 games, as with most other important basics.

this doesn't meet my standard of a fun game so far. Beautiful and massive with extreme detail? Sure. But not fun for how I want to play.

considering returning it and buying a used copy after enough others do the same. Lost all respect I had left for rockstar with this one.

It's funny as well because Driver has had wheels falling off since Driv3r in 2004 on the PS2, and GTA only just got it? *smh*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users