Photo

$$$$

4 replies to this topic
rexmaverik
  • rexmaverik

Career Gamer/NO BS

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

I'm an honest player...I don't cheat until I've either beaten the game or gotten the achievements/rewards I want. Now, how the hell am supposed to earn $250,000,000 in an offline mode game cuz GTAO isn't ready yet? The heists(GTA V needs more) need to give greater rewards. And purchased property don't yeild enough weekly. And unless you actively do taxi driver/tow truck/toxic waste/weed missions you won't even break 10% of what the Golf Course costs. WTH was R* thinking?

rela82me
  • rela82me

Three Point One Four

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

Stocks bro

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

I'm an honest player...I don't cheat until I've either beaten the game or gotten the achievements/rewards I want. Now, how the hell am supposed to earn $250,000,000 in an offline mode game cuz GTAO isn't ready yet? The heists(GTA V needs more) need to give greater rewards. And purchased property don't yeild enough weekly. And unless you actively do taxi driver/tow truck/toxic waste/weed missions you won't even break 10% of what the Golf Course costs. WTH was R* thinking?

Oh, you didn't sit and do the math.
Just to make back and BREAK EVEN with the $150,000 you paid for the towing company, you have to tow 300 cars.
Good luck getting $150,000,000 that way.

As for stocks, people are consistently posting inconsistent information. Some people say you CAN change the stocks by destroying/killing (while some people say there was NO effect or even an OPPOSITE effect for them), some people are saying ONLY missions/strangers are making the stocks fluctuate, some people are saying that the stocks only seem to be fluctuating ~1-2% up and down at random.

So good luck figuring that out too.

This is probably my number one issue - don't understand why you would shell out $150,000,000 for a gold course and then have to wait nearly 3 in-game years just to get your money back.
But hey - after three years - you're gonna have a damn good golf arm thumb.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:18 AM Edited by Poker2012chu, 23 September 2013 - 05:20 AM.

I made 18.3 million on the last heist for each character. I took all of that (for every character), and invested in Debonaire (don't know the exact spelling) before the Lester assassination mission that involves the Redwood guy getting shot. I got about 85% return, or something like that, and then all three characters had about 34 million. Every character then invested everything into Redwood, and then I took a plane for a flight around Los Santos. After landing, Redwood stocks gave me a 302% return, and then each person had over 130 million. I then invested the rest of it for the last assassination mission (didn't use BAWSAQ for the other assassinations) in GoldCoast. I got a 83% return, and every character was just shy of 250 million.

Trust me man, you can get the lower amount from the last heist and still afford the golf course plus a lot more. The best part is when I invest in something (Michael had 190 million after spending some of that cash on all three theaters, for example), I now get about 500k - 1 million if I put it all in and get a return of only 0.5%. Even a 0.1% return will give you six figures!

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

Vast majority of people weren't browsing forums and online guides for stocks whilst playing the game. Majority of people are way done with Lester by the time the game is over, let alone specifically saving them for this stock play at the end of the game...

Having one mechanic that can be taken advantage of like this ingame does not make up for the poor design around this issue.

• Poker2012chu likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users