» «
Photo

My only complaint about this wonderful game

4 replies to this topic
Richardson0
  • Richardson0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:22 AM Edited by Richardson0, 23 September 2013 - 03:33 AM.

(Perhaps this wasn't the wrong section after all)

The game is great! The ending was alright and the game plays cool. I like it a lot. But there's one niggle.

interiors.

In GTA IV I spent literally days worth of time being chased by police and holding up in the museum, the old factories, the clubs, and restaurants. But I'm not seeing many of the same sort of interiors in V.

Call me picky. But this was literally the one thing I was looking forward to - booting up the game, calling Frank or Trevor, getting a few stars and holding up in an old factory, barn or a similar sort of interior.

What's even more annoying, is the interiors from the missions aren't there anymore... and they had some great gun fights inside of them. Does this annoy anyone else? I can't be the only one.

Rockstar have to open these up in a patch. The game feels a bit... two dimensional to me. Especially since most (if not all) of the interiors from missions are closed up.

But - that is my only complaint. Hopefully there are others that wish there were a few more places to hold up against the police. I do miss the hospitals from IV, and that old sprunk factory, oh and Dwayne's boys...

On a related note - does anyone have a list of the actual interiors that are open after the game is finished, or decent places to hold off the police? I hope there are a lot more than I actually know of (about 5-6!)

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:28 AM

I agree 100%. The game really lacks interiors. Not even the restaurants can be entered.

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:30 AM Edited by damian001, 23 September 2013 - 03:30 AM.

Also agreed. I was disappointed that non-enterable buildings still use flat, 2-Dimensional textures since GTAIII. I thought that finally went away with LA Noire when the non-enterable buildings at least had a 3D modeled storefront.

Alas, LA Norie didnt run on RAGE.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:30 AM Edited by jamieleng, 23 September 2013 - 03:36 AM.

Yes, I wouldn't have cared if they had just recycled, or slightly modified interiors from IV/EFLC & MP3. There are a lot of open warehouses, but they aren't proper enclosed interiors. You'd think they would've learned their lesson by now. If it's in a mission, they should do whatever it takes to put it in freeroam. If they open all interiors for Online & not SP freeroam, I'm going to write a sternly worded, but respectful email to Rockstar. I'd ask all of you to do the same.

@damian001

There are a mixture of 2D textured window fronts, pseudo 3D interiors (similar to Sleeping Dogs) & low res, darkened 3D locked interiors (you can shine your flashlight or headlights & see inside). That's slightly better than IV's, but still doesn't hold up to much scrutiny.

Richardson0
  • Richardson0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

Thank god I'm not the only one. The game is seriously lacking and I'm afraid to say it won't be played as much as IV by me :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users