Photo

So, this is the end for GTA series?

15 replies to this topic
TommyWiki
  • TommyWiki

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

The game Agent has been anounced, but what next game of R*? GTA VI, or red dead 2? I think R* has earned a lot of cash through GTA V success. They will invest more on games and further next gen xbox one and ps4. Personally, I do like them to keep continuing with GTA, because I never bored with the stroryline, the missions, the car race, so I think next GTA should be another city ouside USa

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

Misleading title is misleading.

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:29 AM

Are you f*cking kidding me? You answered the BIG QUESTION in money making.  "I think R* has earned a lot of cash through GTA V success." - OP. It's not that you THINK it's that they've DONE. 1 billion in 3 DAYS. 3 f*ckING DAYS! What makes YOU think that Rockstar would stop making the most successful game in gaming HISTORY?!? Ever heard of the term "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."? Grand Theft Auto is Rockstar's main game. The other games they make (while VERY great games) will never come close to the success of the GTA series. GTA is Rockstar's golden child. The other games Rockstar makes are just supporting games.

Think about it.

If Rockstar only produced GTA games, they'd still be the most successful game making company in history.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

I hope not, but it kind of feels like it to me...at least it feels like the end of single player (f*cking online).

I see so much potential for the series, but for some reason, R* only seems to take gameplay so far...at least as far as IV and V are concerned.

They put everything under the sun in SA, but in V, there are just too many missed opportunities, which is weird because even RDR had some great free roam features that keep you coming back.

JimmyDaMoney
  • JimmyDaMoney

GYP Squad

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

>create the fastest grossing piece of entertainment EVER
>not making another

how retarded.

TommyWiki
  • TommyWiki

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:04 AM

>create the fastest grossing piece of entertainment EVER
>not making another

how retarded.

maybe R* is lack of ideas for GTA now, they put much effort in V but it still lack something. the story is just repeat same like previous GTAs. Nothing is new. So, they get back to Vice in VI, or Liberty? I don't think so. They should make a totally new game.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

Most likely not the last...But expect another 5 year wait or so.

It will be a new Era most likely. The Super HD Era! lol

NeKaHs
  • NeKaHs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

they just made 800 MILLION in 1 day. i doubt this will be the last one. they guna milk it for a bit dlc's and xpacs while another team works on the next one

JRolly
  • JRolly

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:35 PM Edited by JRolly, 23 September 2013 - 02:35 PM.

They will probably continue with GTA ONLINE and never release a new stand-alone sp game, just add new cities, features, vehicles, mini games and make it better and better since GTA V is basically an excuse for GTA ONLINE, this is what they had in mind since 2001 and this is the only thing they seem to care about since it will feature a lot more things than the single player GTA V. All their work was for GTA ONLINE since the very begining and all the work from now on will probably be dedicated to that as well

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

No its not.

Anything else on your mind?

sgllocal
  • sgllocal

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

Would love another GTA London etc, that would be cool

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

They've said that they don't see a need to stop until they've realistically simulated a city (or bigger). GTA is a game series where the potential is never-ending. There's always more to do, it can always branch out. It's a series that is only limited by having an open world, vehicles and crime. You can do a lot with that formula. GTA will be made until nobody wants to play it, and even then, they'll probably still make a few more.

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:56 PM

To be honest I would like another GTA in 3 or so years set in Vegas, It would be able to use almost all of the stuff in V (lighting engine and textures etc.) This would kinda be like Vice City stories/Liberty City stories/EFLC, a (good) filler between the next big instalment in the series.
In the meantime I would like a RDR 2, possibly Bully 2 and of course, eventually a GTA 6.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Would love another GTA London etc, that would be cool

Yes, me too. I want Vice City and London again, thats all.

I would like some kind of story very similliar to Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels and other Guy Ritchie movies set in London. They are hilarious.

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:26 PM

This is like asking if they'll ever stop making James Bond films! 

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

It'll be a long time until we see another one but it'll be here eventually. Hopefully it won't be another 5.5 year wait but I think it probably could be. I'd wager that the first next gen game we'll see from Rockstar will be a Red Dead game, they did after all tell us to "stay tuned" for news about the RDR franchise about 1.5 years ago. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users