Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is this game better than IV?

55 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this game better than IV? (354 member(s) have cast votes)

Is GTA V better than IV

1. Yes, it's much better in so many aspects (316 votes [89.27%])

Percentage of vote: 89.27%

2. No, V is more like a backstep compared to IV (38 votes [10.73%])

Percentage of vote: 10.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote
russian hotman
  • russian hotman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

obviously it much better than gta iv because it took 5 year to make. however some of the stuff they have done has been like step backs e.g not entering hospitals. 5 years to make you could at least add some interiors to buildings. 

. the cops are really bad you stand next to them they will shoot you

. knocking out people one punch, there's not people who give you a good fight

. could of implemented couple of red dead redemption features like kidnap someone really disappointed that was not in there

• AlasClarin likes this

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

IV to me was awesome, I enjoyed it and unlike many, appreciated the dark serious tone it set. As fun as IV was to me, V is a completely different beast. It takes everything IV had and completely enhances it and then some. It's not that IV was a bad game, it's just V is f*ckin E P I C ! I'm well into a week playing V and am not even halfway through the storyline, just been busy goofing off cause there so much to do. 

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Yes, It's better GTA IV was the worst in the series I liked it.The only improvement it had over older GTA games was graphics it stripped so much and added nothing other then looks.

Yes. Never mind the superior physics, story choices, cover, random characters etc. Oh wait you said it didn't add anything. How stupid of me.

I swear some of you GTA IV haters have sh*t for brains to think it only had better graphics, but ignorance can't be cured so moving on.

As for the question I think GTA V is better in some ways and others it's not. Most of the things it's better at you'd expect to be after 5 years. Although I'm finding it hard to connect with Michael, Trevor and Franklin.

They're good protagonists, but Niko is better in everyway possible IMO.

Someone doesn't agree with my opinion, so I'll just bash and insult them.

Fixed that for ya. I didn't say I hated the game. I clearly mentioned I liked it. But it was my least favorite out of the GTA series. Better physics yeah I'll give you that. But you can't deny much was stripped from San Andreas.  

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:03 PM

There is no "better" here. Both have their pros.

The best GTA for me would be all the pros from GTA:SA, GTA IV and GTA V together.

GTA IV have its own pros, as well as GTA V, so neither of them is better than the other.

GTA V could have be best of best GTA, but they don't did it... so none of them is "the best of best". Now let's see what happens with GTA VI.

It's so stupid to say "THIS IS THE BEST OF BEST" because it's not the best in all ways, just in some. So I think this poll is kind of pointless unless you add more options.

It's not stupid. 

People can say it's the best GTA. Hell, I'll say it's the best GTA. 

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:05 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 23 September 2013 - 02:08 PM.

What is even the purpose of comparing these two games with each other? Even though they are both GTAs, I don't think it's even possible to make a comparison. They have completely different main aspects. We are talking about a game that was released at the beginning of the console cycle, and a game that was released at the end of the same console cycle. The latter one has the advantage that it can use the power of the consoles since the developer has years of experience with the hardware and software.

GTA IV was great at what it did, you certainly can not deny that. It did do some things better than its predecessors. And it had its flaws, just like every other game out there. Comparing V to IV is just as senseless as comparing IV to San Andreas. It's a stupid comparison, and it's all based on personal preferences. I haven't played GTAV just yet, and I won't in the next few months, but all I can say the game is not going to replace any of the previous GTA titles, at least not for me. I will continue to play all of them.

V is definitely not an upgrade in all possible ways, I am sure it does have its shortcomings. I'd bet money on that. However, I'm not going to judge how good or bad it is until I have played it through at least once.

• Ermacs likes this

ryantoma
  • ryantoma

Toma Bomber

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

anyone who says 4 is retarded.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

I liked IV but gameplay wise V sh*ts on it ... I havent beaten the story yet but judging at 42% of V the story isn't as good as IV was .. the physics are weaker in V as well ... but gameplay is the most important part of a game to and not to mention the missions are alot more fun so I'll take V over IV anyday ....

Rocknroll85
  • Rocknroll85

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Lol, Gta V is better than anything...

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Perhaps here things will be different

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Yes, It's better GTA IV was the worst in the series I liked it.The only improvement it had over older GTA games was graphics it stripped so much and added nothing other then looks.

Yes. Never mind the superior physics, story choices, cover, random characters etc. Oh wait you said it didn't add anything. How stupid of me.
I swear some of you GTA IV haters have sh*t for brains to think it only had better graphics, but ignorance can't be cured so moving on.
As for the question I think GTA V is better in some ways and others it's not. Most of the things it's better at you'd expect to be after 5 years. Although I'm finding it hard to connect with Michael, Trevor and Franklin.

Fixed that for ya. I didn't say I hated the game. I clearly mentioned I liked it. But it was my least favorite out of the GTA series. Better physics yeah I'll give you that. But you can't deny much was stripped from San Andreas.

I suppose it was an overreaction, but I do get tired of people saying all it had was better graphics when it completely understates the game.

Like I said it didn't have a lot of features, but to me it was and still is far more refined than any GTA that came before which is why it's still my favourite.

To me GTA V is everything SA should've been. GTA IV was great for what it was trying to do.

mooglesago
  • mooglesago

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:32 PM

Story = GTA V

Characters = GTA V

Playability = GTA IV

Less bugs = GTA IV

Length = GTA IV

Entertainment value = Draw

GTA feel = GTA IV

I prefer GTA V but it's not much better than GTA IV which was a pile of crap IMO. It's an improvement but I'm glad I got it at a $40 discount.  

• Grand Theft Savage likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

You need more options on this poll, its one extreme or the other..

yeah I should have posted at least 1 more option for each selection but I don't think you can edit the poll :/

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

Johanna Marston

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

GTA 4 was a revolution to THE SERIES by

-Introducing choices, random characters, HD graphics, audio...,

-Introducing realism for the first time

GTA V brought revolution and improvement to gaming by

-Introducing 3 SIMULTANEOUSLY PLAYABLE protagonists

-Having one of the best visuals whilst maintaining good performance on a VERY DETAILED, HUGE, AND LIVING WORLD.

With that said, GTA V is better than IV.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Can't your poll be simply yes or no?

Because what if someone thinks V is slightly better or IV is slightly better, instead of MUCH better or something?

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:47 PM

I suppose it was an overreaction, but I do get tired of people saying all it had was better graphics when it completely understates the game.

Like I said it didn't have a lot of features, but to me it was and still is far more refined than any GTA that came before which is why it's still my favourite.

To me GTA V is everything SA should've been. GTA IV was great for what it was trying to do.

Fair enough. I just have some San Andreas Nostalgia outdated now but it was so epic for it's time I still think it was the best content wise. Just so much sh*t you could do in that game took me a long time to get bored of it.  My favorite part of IV was Lost and the Damned really enjoyed that Ballad of Gay tony was alright too. I'm really liking GTA V though I already beat the story rushed. But I'm replaying it with different actions and going to do all the side stuff skipped alot so gonna take my time now.

screwloose88
  • screwloose88

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

tho I expected a little more buildings too enter and better money making missions outside of the main story line.
the game is a lot better then gta 4 imo, love the way we play 3 characters who are all very different. the missions on the main story line are the best in any GTA game imo.

stee_vo
  • stee_vo

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

It's not perfect, no game is, probably never will be. But it's so much better than IV, even though the story in IV was awesome aswell.

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

I wouldn't say it is necessarly a step back, and i do agree it's better in a lot of ways (and worse in a lot of other ways) but GTA V was definitly below expectation. Mainly because of all the features people was saying that were going to be there and are not or all the features that are actually there but are not half the sh*t they should be.

• JDoubleT likes this

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

I'd say 50 times better.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

The highlight of IV was Three Leaf Clover which was a great mission. In V you start off with a Three Leaf Clover kind of mission and it just gets better from there. There are maybe one or two missions that I don't want to play again but out of 69 plus the extra stuff that is a damn good average and even the yoga one ends up with a cool acid trip.

Waldie
  • Waldie

Private Dick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:43 PM Edited by Waldie, 23 September 2013 - 06:44 PM.

I haven't finished the story yet so I'd rather reserve judgement but at the moment I'm leaning towards yes. I'm a big fan of IV and spent so much time playing it but aside from a few small things, it just seems like everything in this game has been an improvement.

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

The highlight of IV was Three Leaf Clover which was a great mission. In V you start off with a Three Leaf Clover kind of mission and it just gets better from there. There are maybe one or two missions that I don't want to play again but out of 69 plus the extra stuff that is a damn good average and even the yoga one ends up with a cool acid trip.

yeah every mission is unique I'm just a bit sad that some of those bigger heist missions don't pay off :/

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

It's harder to connect to those characters cause of the poor story that V has. Sure V has way better missions then IV but the story isn't even close in how good IV was. 

• JDoubleT likes this

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

GTA IV was the first HD GTA, and Rockstar did an insanely good job at making it what it was. Their focus on the improved graphics and physics was the reason for the lack of activities and things to do. So GTA V should have been everything IV was, and more, right? 

So someone tell me how they managed to step backwards with the physics again, after focussing so much on making them brilliant in IV. 

For me, all V needed to be in order to be a step-up from IV was a bigger map and more things to do. They shouldn't of tried to completely revamp the physics AGAIN! Leave that for next-gen. They had the base set from the experience of making IV, it just needed adding to.

They managed to add but also managed to mess around with things that were fine which resulted in a brand new IV, rather than a GTA V.

• JDoubleT likes this

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by KillaDanny, 24 September 2013 - 01:09 AM.

GTA IV was the first HD GTA, and Rockstar did an insanely good job at making it what it was. Their focus on the improved graphics and physics was the reason for the lack of activities and things to do. So GTA V should have been everything IV was, and more, right? 

So someone tell me how they managed to step backwards with the physics again, after focussing so much on making them brilliant in IV. 

For me, all V needed to be in order to be a step-up from IV was a bigger map and more things to do. They shouldn't of tried to completely revamp the physics AGAIN! Leave that for next-gen. They had the base set from the experience of making IV, it just needed adding to.

They managed to add but also managed to mess around with things that were fine which resulted in a brand new IV, rather than a GTA V.

Well since they were working 5 years on the game I guess they wanted to bring a totally diffrent gta instead of bringing the gta iv but with improved graphics, bigger map and more activites (kinda what you see in many games nowadays like assassins creed)

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:20 AM

Story = GTA V

Characters = GTA V

Playability = GTA IV

Less bugs = GTA IV

Length = GTA IV

Entertainment value = Draw

GTA feel = GTA IV

I prefer GTA V but it's not much better than GTA IV which was a pile of crap IMO. It's an improvement but I'm glad I got it at a $40 discount.  

Agreed here, though I don't think GTA IV was crap. Well, not with the Episodes.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

I have to say I kinda agree with this. 

From what I can see so far, GTA V is better than GTA IV, but only just, and not by much. I was expecting V to be much better than IV, but it is not. IV definitely did somethings better than V, and that includes the gunshot sounds of the pistol/SMG, and the fact that you cannot enter fast food joints in V is quite an annoyance for me. 

But I must say, that overall, V is the better game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users