Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is this game better than IV?

55 replies to this topic

Poll: Is this game better than IV? (354 member(s) have cast votes)

Is GTA V better than IV

1. Yes, it's much better in so many aspects (316 votes [89.27%])

Percentage of vote: 89.27%

2. No, V is more like a backstep compared to IV (38 votes [10.73%])

Percentage of vote: 10.73%

Vote Guests cannot vote
KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

Doing this question before the game was released was stupid but now that it is released and most of the people here already played it so do you think it's better than IV? In my opinion GTA V has flaws and I'm a bit sad that you can buy real estate as they said you could in the gameplay trailer but besides that this game is insane in every aspect, haven't been hooked up to a game like this in years... so answering the question, yes it's 100x times better in my opinion, GTA V is not a perfect game but it beats the crap out of IV...

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

IV sucked in many ways.

V improved the things from IV in many ways.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

GTA V vs GTA IV = GTA V sh*ts on it

GTA V vs GTA IV: Episodes = Almost a tie. GTA V gets slight edge (my opinion)

HITMAN1342
  • HITMAN1342

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:52 AM

Better than IV no question. I like Liberty City better, but the gameplay is just much smoother. The only real back step is the damage engine for vehicles, and I preferred IV driving; however V's driving isn't bad and is by no means a dealbreaker.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:53 AM

Much better and I liked IV.

GeneralTrumbo
  • GeneralTrumbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

Yes. I hated 4. 4 was the worst GTA.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

I must of put over 500 hours into IV. Played online til present. V was better in obvious ways, but IV feels more like a GTA - just the soundtrack is very 'GTA', for example.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

I cant pick either. It's a better game but it feels more like GTA 4.5 to me... It's not a step backwards but not a huge leap forwards either.

I'm holding final judgement until Online is out because that's basically all I ever played on IV after missions... It seems like, why free roam alone when you can free roam with 16 other people? Especially if most the single player features work in online this time.

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

I always find it hard to compare GTA games with eachothers. I still think that Vice City is the best GTA game.

But regarding GTA IV it was a great game. Unfortunately it had a lot of flaws. Mainly a very repetetive mission structure with missions that lacked creativity. It almost felt like going back to GTA 3.

GTA IV didn't have enough content either. Outside of the story there wasn't enough to do. But that's about it. GTA IV is a great game in its own rights.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

Even though it has some bad flaws. a half assed, bare bones car customization and psychic police. it's infinitely better that IV

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

Love them both for different reasons. I'll never differentiate between the two.

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

GTA IV is a very good game, but I think GTA V is a better game by far.  There are a few things that GTA IV does better though.  I'm content with GTA V's driving, but I wish the deformation resistance of vehicles wasn't jacked up as much as it is.  GTA IV's vehicle damage is about perfect for a game of its type.  Also, I think GTA V could be just that bit more "lively" if you were able to buy food at food stands and fast food restaurants (like in GTA IV).  I even miss the ability of being able to pick up and throw objects.  Yes, I have a few gripes with GTA V, but practically none of them hurt my experience in any significant way.

Vamp 1911
  • Vamp 1911

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:57 AM Edited by Vamp 1911, 23 September 2013 - 08:00 AM.

Every mission felt the same in number 4. The only one that I can recall feeling different was when Little Jacob was hanging out the helicopter shooting missiles.

So number 5 gets my vote. I am only part way through the story and loving it. Heaps of variety for me so far.

GTA IV did have a certain charm though, and I will go back to it when this is done. I do miss not being able to go inside food restaurants and having epic cop shoot outs inside the hospital. 

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

IV was alright.. but I guess the only reason it was "alright" for me was because I only bought it a couple of months ago and have spent maybe 4 months playing it. But, had I got it in 2008, I'd be terribly bored of it - even compared to other iterations of GTA...

However, after a couple days of playing V, I can safely say that it will be a game that (with or without online) will keep me very entertained and occupied until the next GTA is released. 

It's just fun to play. It doesn't really get annoying like IV did. IV had slippery, top heavy driving. It had a bad story, it had a small city, it had a depressing color scheme, it had clunky character movements, it had a lack of things to do.

GTA V corrected all of this, plus more.

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:06 AM

Doing this question before the game was released was stupid but now that it is released and most of the people here already played it so do you think it's better than IV? In my opinion GTA V has flaws and I'm a bit sad that you can buy real estate as they said you could in the gameplay trailer but besides that this game is insane in every aspect, haven't been hooked up to a game like this in years... so answering the question, yes it's 100x times better in my opinion, GTA V is not a perfect game but it beats the crap out of IV...

This pretty much sums it up for me as well...The thing with IV is it took some time to grow on me at first and I'd play sporadically, but with V I was immediately reeled in from day one and can barely be removed from it. V is unquestionably superior in many ways. Sure it has a few downsides and there are things I miss here from IV but it does not affect my overall enjoyment of this game.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

When I say "IV" I am always talking bout the full package with it's episodes. So for me IV is waaaay better than V. Especially TBOGT was so awesome (well it had it's bad things too of course).

V is a cool game, but it's far from what I would call a Grand Theft Auto game and it's definitely not the best of the series and it's not even the most amibious R* game. RDR was. 

• JDoubleT likes this

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

well sure..obviously..but there are definitely some things in the game they must improve on.

Franklin_Clinton24
  • Franklin_Clinton24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

I feel the characters in 4 were stronger same with Ballad of Gay Tony the characters were stronger than V. I think Rockstar should stay with 1 character
  • JDoubleT likes this

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:18 AM

14 people does not have GTA V

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

Overall I'd say there is more work put into GTA V than in IV (at least it seems like it). 

The only thing that GTA IV has a huge advantage over GTA V is the writing. GTA V writing in general (story, characters, dialogue etc) is just "ok".  GTA IV (including Episodes) is probably the best of Housers work along with RDR.

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:39 AM

The III era GTAs are the best GTAs ever made, especially San Andreas. All the HD GTAs (IV & DLCs and V) is crap compare to them.

D64
  • D64

Oh great, it's...

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

I think in reality it's a lot better than IV in every aspect, and I really loved the three protagonist system (even if I wasn't fond of all of the protagonists *cough* Trevor *cough cough*) 

I really don't have anything bad to say about the game, except for the "Super Cops" and lack of buildings with interiors. That said, I'm a lot more of a cynic than I was back in '08 and definitely didn't enjoy this game as much I did IV.

Batley18
  • Batley18

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:55 AM

GTAV is a lot better than IV. Personally I think IV had harder missions, but the variety of the missions in V aboslutely sh**s all over IV.

I have never been a big online gamer, but it seems as though GTAO is really going to be where this new version impresses us all.

NADOLNY
  • NADOLNY

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

95% of the people who disagree, didn't play it

or they're PC fanboys who can't play

• swagbucks likes this

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yes, It's better GTA IV was the worst in the series I liked it.The only improvement it had over older GTA games was graphics it stripped so much and added nothing other then looks.

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:22 PM Edited by AlasClarin, 23 September 2013 - 12:24 PM.

There is no "better" here. Both have their pros.

The best GTA for me would be all the pros from GTA:SA, GTA IV and GTA V together.

GTA IV have its own pros, as well as GTA V, so neither of them is better than the other.

GTA V could have be best of best GTA, but they don't did it... so none of them is "the best of best". Now let's see what happens with GTA VI.

It's so stupid to say "THIS IS THE BEST OF BEST" because it's not the best in all ways, just in some. So I think this poll is kind of pointless unless you add more options.

• vivalavendredi likes this

Zroovy
  • Zroovy

Sharp and heartless

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

I really liked the iv, but the v is a bit superior for the map and the vehicles

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:41 PM

Yes, It's better GTA IV was the worst in the series I liked it.The only improvement it had over older GTA games was graphics it stripped so much and added nothing other then looks.

Yes. Never mind the superior physics, story choices, cover, random characters etc. Oh wait you said it didn't add anything. How stupid of me.

I swear some of you GTA IV haters have sh*t for brains to think it only had better graphics, but ignorance can't be cured so moving on.

As for the question I think GTA V is better in some ways and others it's not. Most of the things it's better at you'd expect to be after 5 years. Although I'm finding it hard to connect with Michael, Trevor and Franklin.

They're good protagonists, but Niko is better in everyway possible IMO.
  • GTAspotter and Flashify like this

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:47 PM

You need more options on this poll, its one extreme or the other..

Coolstream
  • Coolstream

Superfly

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:52 PM

I feel bad for those 22 people.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users