Already Bored of GTA V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic
Freeeezing
  • Freeeezing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

i hate when someone says "have you done all the trialathons? have u explored for all the hidden items?"

like honestly exploring in video games was fun in 2008 but now there needs to be more things to do other than "exploring"

• daliakiller likes this

Doolz351
  • Doolz351

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

i hate when someone says "have you done all the trialathons? have u explored for all the hidden items?"

like honestly exploring in video games was fun in 2008 but now there needs to be more things to do other than "exploring"

Of course... f*cking ADD generation

br00tal_j
  • br00tal_j

Void Leacher

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

sold my copy already, so bored of it

tommysalive
  • tommysalive

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

Yeah like robbing places was any better than doing illegal sh*t in the hood. Thats where R* got a little ass backwards in their storyline. Wanting to get out the gang life would mean bettering him self and doing legitimate business. The way I look at Franklins situation is he just wants to make good money no matter how he has to get it gang life or not. Clearly being with a set of more organized people and jobs was going to land him more money so thats where he went. So I don't buy that crap about wanting to get out of the gang life.

He only said he wanted to get out of the two-bit jobs. He knew it wouldn't make him any serious money and he'd probably end up getting killed over a $200 coke deal. He never says he wants to get out of the criminal life, just out of petty crimes.

kastrenzo
  • kastrenzo

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

90% in the first 3 days, and rather quickly too.

I'm bored as well.

x5x
  • x5x

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

Couldn't agree more. Unlike IV which I played from day 1 all the way up until V came out, and never found it boring, I find V extremely boring. The reason is that its waaay too arcady. Driving is painfully bad, the map is sh!t (traffic patterns make no sense, no long country road, they are all short and merge into new ones) Also, the traffic is terrible. Hardly any cars, and they are all at the same distance. I was looking forward to IV driving mechanics on a San Andreas - based map with lots of cars to overtake along the way. If it was like that, there would be no problem.

And another thing, I was getting very excited about car customisation (My real life hobby) but the problem is that I don't enjoy driving the car afterwards... I've completed the games and side mission, customised pretty much every car, learnt the map (other than the city, all looks the same, nothing memorable or different like in the IV city) And now I'm f*cking. haven't bored. Haven't played in in over a week, just to try Online which does not work and is not great either... I was also looking forward to character creation... No. They would be better off just not even including it.

Oh well... Back to IV i guess...

Jaydin85
  • Jaydin85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

I agree with the OP, after the main storyline and freaks and strangers are done, it does get boring.  I've already seen everything on the map. I don't care about the parachuting or hunting or tennis or darts or any of that crap.  It doesn't entertain me.

Quality over quantity. There's just too many useless things in the game that most people don't care about.

And there's only so much you can do riding around in a boat or jet ski in the water. It will always look the same. It's all water! Helicopters or other air craft get boring quick also.

There's not many things to do that earn you big money to buy all of the properties. I think that is what kills it for me. It's useless to keep robbing people or stores. You'll be doing that for a very long time in order to get the golf course property. Which btw, I read online that basically the only way to get that is to save the Lester assassinations missions until the end and invest in the stocks that Lester tells you to. If you don't do that, you're screwed.

Basically I'm doing a lot of little things after the storyline that has no point to it. I can't earn enough to buy all the properties, so what am I doing here? These little games aren't very entertaining so why am I playing them? The races are frustrating, but even if you keep trying and do get 1st place, you don't earn that much money. So what's the point of that?

There should have been more things to do after the storyline that had a point to them. Stuff that earns you big money so that you can own more properties and/or land. Things you can do that expands your products. Things that make you become a bigger entrepreneur. To become more well known through out all of San Andreas. More power. Doing useless things just for kicks, doesn't keep me coming back to the game.

I've played online as well and its the exact samething. It gets boring really quick.

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

I agree with the OP, after the main storyline and freaks and strangers are done, it does get boring.  I've already seen everything on the map. I don't care about the parachuting or hunting or tennis or darts or any of that crap.  It doesn't entertain me.

Quality over quantity. There's just too many useless things in the game that most people don't care about.

And there's only so much you can do riding around in a boat or jet ski in the water. It will always look the same. It's all water! Helicopters or other air craft get boring quick also.

There's not many things to do that earn you big money to buy all of the properties. I think that is what kills it for me. It's useless to keep robbing people or stores. You'll be doing that for a very long time in order to get the golf course property. Which btw, I read online that basically the only way to get that is to save the Lester assassinations missions until the end and invest in the stocks that Lester tells you to. If you don't do that, you're screwed.

Basically I'm doing a lot of little things after the storyline that has no point to it. I can't earn enough to buy all the properties, so what am I doing here? These little games aren't very entertaining so why am I playing them? The races are frustrating, but even if you keep trying and do get 1st place, you don't earn that much money. So what's the point of that?

There should have been more things to do after the storyline that had a point to them. Stuff that earns you big money so that you can own more properties and/or land. Things you can do that expands your products. Things that make you become a bigger entrepreneur. To become more well known through out all of San Andreas. More power. Doing useless things just for kicks, doesn't keep me coming back to the game.

I've played online as well and its the exact samething. It gets boring really quick.

Well, you know it's your opinion, but what did you expect? I mean even if you had some sort of money making activities and bought all the properties and stuff, it would still get boring pretty quickly, most games do get boring when you finish the content, the ones that don't are those which let's you mess around. GTAV does, many people enjoy just roaming around, and making up their own challenges, some people try to, land in a pool from a chopper others jump out of the plane and land on the blimp without dying, or fly/ride/drive around with planes/bikes/cars doing stunts and stuff, or messing with npc, or roleplaying, my point is that is the only reason why all of GTA's survived as favorite games of many people, NOT because they had endless content, because they didn't.     Even San Andreas, the most praised GTA around, most of side missions were pointless, and give little money, things like valet parking, trucking, races, lowriders "dance-offs", girlfriends etc. etc. All that stuff was kind of pointless, and did get boring really quick, even gang wars get boring, because it was the same thing over and over and over, the one thing that kept people coming back was the open world, and it's ability to provide entertaining grounds to mess around in, make up challenges and try and complete them, whether certain stunts with bmx's, or racing bikes, or tuned up cars, to "can I fly under all of the bridges with the plane upside down". The thing that people fail to realize is that GTAV offers all of that, with only cool physics and better graphics, but you know nostalgia has a way to play with people's minds, so whatever you feel nostalgic about, nothing can top it, nothing ever at all. 

Personal note unrelated to my reply, I'm really pushing this, because I noticed that a lot, the thing about nostalgia, it's everywhere, no matter what game it is, whether it's GTA or Fallout, all the new entries to the series were dismissed by fans of the original games no matter how improved is the sequel. It's just the way it works I suppose. It's just that, it's really annoying, when some people who don't know what they are talking about going around the forums and everywhere elsewhere, shout thing like "LoL Worst GTA E-V-E-R", or "GTAV is so boring, compared to SA or VC" it's just these aggressive comments, which often stated as facts, that get me off balance, and I feel the need to reply, to try and show some logic, I mean I'm definitively not the smartest fish in the barrel, but I believe that I can sometimes be proud of myself, of actually trying to use logic, and trying to understand why this or that.

So yeah, the game is not lacking of quantity of extra content, nor quality, because it really is well done, there is no other open-world game that incorporates so much so well, a tennis only game, might have better mechanics than of GTA's tennis, or racing only game, might have handling which is more fun, but there is no such game that incorporates all that so well into one neat $60 package as does GTA, so even if you did not enjoy the extra content you got to understand that it is in no way a bad game, or the extra content. Thanks for your time, and stay tuned to AlmightyHabbib, for more comments on this forum.

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

My favorite moment this week was driving the airplane after Molly got souped. I was escaping the police.

I was riding way up in the airplane and Jimmy called waiting for Michael at the clothes store. I jumped from the plane way up in the air and parachuted to the exact spot of the store.

Haha felt really cool. Like Michael is James Bond or something.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

Just save lester's missions until the end and invest in the stocks and you will have all the money you need. I think the gold course was sort of put as a symbol of smart investing.

h4mza
  • h4mza

Get Every Dolla'

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

Completed story 2 days ago and bored of it already, can't even get online :(

Archie_Junior
  • Archie_Junior

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:31 PM

you bored with GTA V? Go play SAMP.

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Sooooo.....is it wrong that I still like this game and constantly playing it every day and thinking of new sh*t to do or explore?... idk...I still have that same feeling with the past GTA games (except for the 2d ones) right now.

but idk i'm just saying....

AlmightyHabbib
  • AlmightyHabbib

Snitch

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Great game no doubt about it.
but
SINGLE PLAYER

Should own the city

Night clubs,dealerships,companies.

flats,houses, the lot.
No 6 star wanted level.
Fewer kevlar than ever.
Topspeed of Supers and Bikes is ridiculously low.
In previous GTAS had no enough road to max cars.
In this there´s lots of accel but no topspeed.
All show and no go.
Classic controls back.
Invincibilty cheat just 5 minutes, otherwise it would be great fun
and that´s not right. If single player is boring you´ll have to
play online.
They don´t let you rampage around.
But they feature the mission
 "Torture the dark skinned guy",unnecesary violent stuff"
Looks they had so much to work about scenery and "Realism"
they forgot what GTA was always about.
It´s a game it should be just for fun,as always.
No realistic driving but exagerate car/player damage in crashes.
Somebody wasn´t thinking
Cops are too smart and happy triggered.
Can´t even start a figth without the all over.
Police cars are rockets.
Player is far too weak you fall and die for just about anything.
Far too much car crash death.
Cars made of butter.
Bigger garages,parking lots, whatever.
Can´t even enter in your properties.
2147 Million with stock strategy and...
No houses to buy.
No companies to buy.
Nothing in the sea.
Buzzard is crap ( In IV was just great)
Tank is useless.
No speedometer ( never )
No train missions ( or driving )
No paramedic missions.
No police missions.
No firemen missions.
No lorry missions.
No Mr. Whoopee Crackselling.
No pimp missions.
No pizzaboy missions.
No lowriders competition.
No gang wars.
No flamethrower ( so far )
No nitrous.
No wheelies with bikes or quads.
No tiresmoke ( ridiculous )
No racing exhaust for supercars.
Modified tires are narrower than standards
Topspeed is ridiculous.
Car nose camera is now useless
Camera gets too far behind.
In Franklin´s Buffalo is just perfect.
In Trevor´s Crapmobile goes so far you can´t see a thing.
Camera loops with the plane ( too static )
Not in full HD 1080P
And aiming is crap.
Always aims first the guys far away and you have
a "dude" 1 meter in front of you shooting in your face
 and aims anybody but him, even aims first unarmed targets.

I don't is this a joke or not, but quite a few of the "missing" features you named are wrong.

Going to name few things that you got factually wrong. 

You can own some businesses. There are more options for kevlar, in IV, SA, VC there was only one type of it, in V there are 3 or 4. Top speed of super cars and bikes is definitely bigger than IV, SA, VC which were sluggish especially in IV, also V has a better sense of speed, nicer camera effects and vehicles animation touches. Exaggerated car/player damage, maybe you should try getting into a fight or being hit on the head by a golf club, jeez. You can fight people, sometimes you knock them out, other times they fight back. Cars made of butter? :D HA! Again there are companies to buy, there is underwater exploration so there is something in the sea. Tank is useless? Well you can blow up stuff, without getting yourself killed quickly. There are wheelies on bikes, and there is tire smoke, and you can actually paint it. Car nose camera is as useful as in any other previous GTA. Camera gets too far, well you have few zoom options. Aiming is crap? What sort of aiming do you want, there is hard lock, soft lock and free-aim, there are no other games with different aiming systems, that lock on or free aim on console.

You honestly are either a troll with a pathetic attempt at trolling, an idiot or never played the game.

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Am brored too
  • AssassinArshia likes this

AssassinArshia
  • AssassinArshia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by AssassinArshia, 24 December 2013 - 02:00 AM.

I hate how people that can't play the game need 5 hours for a fuc*ing mission and say that other people rush through the game
They don't rush they're just better
And the game has many stuff in it but a very small portion of everything like the mayonnaise from mcdonalds
And about online people pay for the single player game not the multiplayer 'cause some don't even have internet

daliakiller
  • daliakiller

weed farmer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:46 AM

i think it is the atmosphere of this game.. for me it is awesome, and it hasnt left my console since the day i bought it. but indeed it feel a little boring.. maybe it is too realistic in some things, and too faked in others, and somewhat they made it wrong.. i loved the shooting of this game, but it doesnt feel as fun as an gta iv shootout felt for me.. or the plane and helo piloting felt fun in gta sa. there were a lot of improvement in the gameplay to make it feel better and more responsive, but sure it aint feel so fun like previous titles. my opinion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users