Photo

Already Bored of GTA V

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
106 replies to this topic
Hav0k304
  • Hav0k304

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:40 AM Edited by Hav0k304, 23 September 2013 - 02:43 AM.

Ok so i've completed the game and all the missions, though they where fun they only last a while, when i completed the game i expected some sort of missions to open up or gang hideouts to dot the map, but nothing.. i'm basically wandering around in a sandbox world with nothing to do, sure I can shoot some cops but thats just boring, I can buy propertys for more money to buy more useless cars, theres no end game, its just an open sandbox game, there should of been so many things to do after you have completed the game, like taking over gang turf from the ballas, hiring guards and gang members, doing hits, playing as a cop, expanding my empire or crew, doing more heists, none of it is there. I feel empty and wished i took my time instead of rushing though the game..

I mean Franklin should have gang wars at least, it would give me something to do, hes in a gang basically and you only fight ballas twice in the whole game and they own alot of turf.. it would of been great to have a proper gang war system in the game where u take over territorys and turf is constanly shifting in a stuggle for control between rival gangs

Trevor has his own buisiness but he has no members to back him up, theres no gang of your own that you can start up and that would of been cool..

Theres basically nothing to do once you have finished with the game exept mini games..

• Zlad likes this

Carnotaurus
  • Carnotaurus

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

Have you done all the side mission like freak and stranger?  Have you done all the racing including offroad trucks, atv, and triathlon.  Have you done parachuting?  Have you found all pieces to the UFO and underwater secret and discovery?  Have you stole a tank and put in into a large plane and drop it in midair while your still in the tank?  Have you done all the rampage mission, all the random encounter, all the taxi vigilantes mission? Have you stolen a dune buggy and drive off road (it fun)?  Have you done some of the hunting?  Have you kidnap people and give it to the cultist above the mountain?  Have you found a dinghy and use the scuba diving suit to explore the ocean?  Have you done a gang shootout at the grove?

• RichyB, GTAboob and 727gta like this

Ne0nLiteZ
  • Ne0nLiteZ

Dealer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

Lmfao im laughing so hard at this post. I played the game for 6 hours straight the other day without even doing a single mission or any other activity other than customizing cars and exploring and cop chases.

• TheGentleman likes this

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

It's true man. You run out of sh*t to do much too quickly. Rockstar stayed focused on the storyline this time...

• theGTAking101 and GMAC Webs like this

GoofyGoober88
  • GoofyGoober88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

I think when GTA online comes out they will copy/paste more heists & activities from that to the Single Player mode aswell.

NeKaHs
  • NeKaHs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:22 AM

cant agree more with the op. this is stuff i also thought would be included with the game..

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

Lmfao im laughing so hard at this post. I played the game for 6 hours straight the other day without even doing a single mission or any other activity other than customizing cars and exploring and cop chases.

It's true man. You run out of sh*t to do much too quickly. Rockstar stayed focused on the storyline this time...

Only read these 2 posts, others were tl;dr.

TommyWiki
  • TommyWiki

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

motherf*cker, this game is as lacking as it can be. 5 year to do but seems nothing perfect

• GMAC Webs likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

. I feel empty and wished i took my time instead of rushing though the game..

Well here's your problem. I admit the first few days I was playing it a bit too much, but I started slowing down and trying everything else when I unlocked it.

Also why would Franklin have gang wars? It was always well known before release he was trying to get away from street gang life. Remember it's not SA HD.

The street gang theme takes a back seat in GTA V.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:32 AM

no kidding. As I said on another post, if people are getting bored with V this fast they must've gotten bored with III, VC, and IV right away... if so, this series is clearly not for them so why do they keep buying it? lol

Eagles
  • Eagles

Here we go, kids

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

Y'all have too much free time on your hands. You should have tried to do some other things between the main missions, like playing some tennis, golf, doing the triathlons, racing with the jet-skis, meeting strangers and freaks...

There's also this secret about the UFO and possibly the hidden jetpack, go try to figure it out. 

There are a bunch of things to do in San Andreas. 

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:39 AM

Here we go again, another GTA with nothing to do after the story. Or so you claim OP.

It's always the same complaints from the same kinds of people that don't even 'get' GTA in the first place

Deadantz
  • Deadantz

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:55 AM Edited by Deadantz, 23 September 2013 - 05:57 AM.

Just want to clarify the whole "Franklins in a gang" thing... You said you finished the story right? How f*cking stupid would that be if Franklin spent the entire story mode talking about how he wanted to get out of that life.... Just to go back and try to take it over. Doesn't make sense to me man sorry.

edit: I do wish you could expand Trevor Philips industries though.. That would be pretty fun.
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8 likes this

Hav0k304
  • Hav0k304

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:43 AM

It seems to me like they where aiming for a gang theme with franklin because in the early missions it starts off like it did in GTA SA, gangbanging and killing ballas ect but rather quickly moves away from it, and focuses on other things like michael, and i have to admit he is the most boring character ever, a boring fat slob that has boring missions, I mean why did they add all these different gangs if you cant do anything like gang wars? R* must of just said 'yeah let's not add in gang wars but all all the gangs roaming around the streets' i mean you cant even get the grove street gangs to follow you, you even hear them saying 'cant wait to roll on some balla fools'. Driving around the city gets boring after a while, the races are way too easy because the ai is not agressive enough. theres 3 triathlon races with no point what so ever in repeating and half a dozen off road races.

It really seems like an empty game once the story is finished and that they have scrapped a lot of single player content and instead focused on the Multiplayer. im going to be honest i cant stand multiplayer gta, it has never been fun at all and it is full of kids and griefers, these 500 missions they are insisting the game has are probablys scrapped single player content and are simply go here, kill that,drive there.

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Oh look, Hav0k304 joined 5 hours ago, I will surely read his post.

GeneticallyDifferent
  • GeneticallyDifferent

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:59 AM Edited by GeneticallyDifferent, 23 September 2013 - 08:06 AM.

That's where the GTA online comes in remember?

BTW for me GTA was always about roleplaying.

In older GTA games like VC and SA I almost ignored the missions and spend my time roaming around just exploring,driving and doing sh*t.There were almost no minigames in VC except ambulance/taxi/police/military/pizza little missions which are boring btw.

There are 160 items to collect in V,that is a challenge on it's own.

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

That is to say, Cunnilingus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

This game remains satisfying for ample time. If it were linear you wouldn't be voicing the same complaint, despite the fact that it remains entertaining far longer than any linear game. 

• Romario likes this

OneManArmy17
  • OneManArmy17

Vagos MC:Sgt at Arms PSN:Vagos_MC-Mitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

Smugging guns with trevor and catchting bounties kept me entertained for awhile.
Wish there were more bounties tho.

soulslayer14
  • soulslayer14

topkek

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:25 AM Edited by soulslayer14, 23 September 2013 - 08:26 AM.

Grand Theft Auto V was molded for GTA:O. The single player was basically a way of introducing people to all of the new mechanics of the game, like shooting and driving. Plus the whole heist planning thing. I honestly thing Online will have a much better story, because it seems like the single player wasn't really cared for. It's the online portion that they care about.

Online will have more hunting, especially with groups, more races and bigger ones at that. I'm hoping the assassination missions might require a group of people to get through, and there's going to be a lot more activities because we haven't seen some that were mentioned. I think basketball and bmxing/cycling races will be in online, because there's a skate parks and basketball courts. I just hope with online they'll be a lot more enter-able interior.

• tom_p1980 likes this

JacoBee
  • JacoBee

Still waiting...

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:09 AM

Have you done all the side mission like freak and stranger?  Have you done all the racing including offroad trucks, atv, and triathlon.  Have you done parachuting?  Have you found all pieces to the UFO and underwater secret and discovery?  Have you stole a tank and put in into a large plane and drop it in midair while your still in the tank?  Have you done all the rampage mission, all the random encounter, all the taxi vigilantes mission? Have you stolen a dune buggy and drive off road (it fun)?  Have you done some of the hunting?  Have you kidnap people and give it to the cultist above the mountain?  Have you found a dinghy and use the scuba diving suit to explore the ocean?  Have you done a gang shootout at the grove?

HOW?

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

Wheres the skatepark at?

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Grand Theft Auto V was molded for GTA:O. The single player was basically a way of introducing people to all of the new mechanics of the game, like shooting and driving. Plus the whole heist planning thing. I honestly thing Online will have a much better story, because it seems like the single player wasn't really cared for. It's the online portion that they care about.

Online will have more hunting, especially with groups, more races and bigger ones at that. I'm hoping the assassination missions might require a group of people to get through, and there's going to be a lot more activities because we haven't seen some that were mentioned. I think basketball and bmxing/cycling races will be in online, because there's a skate parks and basketball courts. I just hope with online they'll be a lot more enter-able interior.

Gotta agree with this.

As much as I enjoyed GTA5, it was exceptionally short with little in the way of things to do after the story, however it does make me feel as if the story mode was some kind of "tutorial" if you will, leading into GTA Online.

FireBallz21
  • FireBallz21

The Ultimate Question: Doctor Who?

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Just want to clarify the whole "Franklins in a gang" thing... You said you finished the story right? How f*cking stupid would that be if Franklin spent the entire story mode talking about how he wanted to get out of that life.... Just to go back and try to take it over. Doesn't make sense to me man sorry.

edit: I do wish you could expand Trevor Philips industries though.. That would be pretty fun.

I don't kinda like when you go to HD Groove Street 

Spoiler
your a 1 man army and it's hard as f*ck to 
Spoiler
, then come the cops out of nowhere because apperently, the astronauts are allways spying at you. The gang wars don't feel real, even though Franklin wants to get out of the gang life, at least Rockstar should make a decent gang war for the player to do if he wants. Although I'm not saying that if you don't do anything about that, the 
Spoiler
will take over, other gang members should help, and ou should be able to help them when you want.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

Well, see? Your problem was speeding through the story. Just restart it and take your time this go-round.
  • neuhier likes this

iahim25
  • iahim25

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:32 AM

It seems to me like they where aiming for a gang theme with franklin because in the early missions it starts off like it did in GTA SA, gangbanging and killing ballas ect but rather quickly moves away from it, and focuses on other things like michael, and i have to admit he is the most boring character ever, a boring fat slob that has boring missions, I mean why did they add all these different gangs if you cant do anything like gang wars? R* must of just said 'yeah let's not add in gang wars but all all the gangs roaming around the streets' i mean you cant even get the grove street gangs to follow you, you even hear them saying 'cant wait to roll on some balla fools'. Driving around the city gets boring after a while, the races are way too easy because the ai is not agressive enough. theres 3 triathlon races with no point what so ever in repeating and half a dozen off road races.

It really seems like an empty game once the story is finished and that they have scrapped a lot of single player content and instead focused on the Multiplayer. im going to be honest i cant stand multiplayer gta, it has never been fun at all and it is full of kids and griefers, these 500 missions they are insisting the game has are probablys scrapped single player content and are simply go here, kill that,drive there.

making because the game is based on Los Angeles which is known for gang culture...gangs have to be there in my opinion

even if your not doing turf wars there should be gang members roaming Los Santos because thats how south LA really is

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:12 AM

- sea races
- moto cross races
- hidden underwater goodies and locations
- collectible missions (lenora johnsons murder, toxic waste, space ship parts)
- hunting
- tennis
- golf
- darts
- street races
- bounty hunting
- assassination missions
- propertys to buy, each with there own unique missions.
- massive character customisation
- massive vehicle customisation
- hanging out with other characters and getting more dialogue from them
- shooting range chllenges
- movies
- television
- yoga
- altruist cult missions
- tonnes of internet satire to read
- strangers and freaks missions
- plane trial missions
- robbing stores
- replaying missions for gold medals
- triathlons
- strip clubs
- flight school
did i miss anything? heaps of stuff to do, close to the level of san andreas.

M'aiq the Liar
  • M'aiq the Liar

Skooma Addict

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:16 AM

Gotta use your imagination to have fun besides just story. I completed the game also. But I started over gonna do some things different. And do all the side stuff besides just rushing through the story line. GTA games are always fun to pick up and just mess around if your bored. If you play it to death constantly it can get boring yeah.  

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:17 AM

people rush through the story and than complain there's nothing to do.. if you want a game to last long WHY RUSH?! besides this game are plenty to do dunno what you are talking about I'm 30 hours in and haven't even done half of the primary missions

JRolly
  • JRolly

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

I sort of agree, there are some things to do but I was expecting much more after all that hype. A lot of people were talking about fake mini games and activities that never made it into the game and they over hyped it so much. They sure added new features and activities but they also ditched some of the old ones. You can't do any vigilante or paramedic missions, no more stadium events, no trucking, no freighter missions, no burglary, no little 3D arcade video games, you can't even organize your own heist, just the ones on the story. Honestly, GTA SA is and will probably always be the best GTA game while R* keeps on prooving they made GTA V as an excuse for GTA ONLINE, their beloved concept that they had since 2001. All that they did, the map, the activities and everything were made for the purpose of GTA online which will feature alot more than the sp GTA V. They might as well have never bothered come up with this storyline and sp experience and name it GTA ONLINE from the very begining if that's what they had in mind

• latigreblue likes this

henrysdad
  • henrysdad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

anyone else like me and dip in and out of the story?

I find myself playing along with the storey, then getting distracted by stealing a boat someone is having a glass of wine in at a lakeside, then finding a river and seeing where it takes me (to the sea actually).

Then sailed past the airport and thought 'i know i'll nick a plane'. That didnt work too well so i stop by a strip club on my way back. 2 hours later i remember i was meant to be doing the story!

The game is full of random stuff that distracts you (in a good way). Im only 19% complete on my first run through and ive been playing  most evenings since launch day

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users