Photo

Why Can't You Leave Your Car On?

16 replies to this topic
JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

So something that's really been bothering me in this game, is that when you get out, you ALWAYS turn your car off. There's no option to leave it on unless you jump out while it's moving at a high speed (and then you die and car gets wrecked). This is incredibly inconvenient whenever I need to make a quick escape because I hop in my car and it takes an extra 5 seconds to wait for my car to turn on. Why did they scrap this feature? Does anybody know how to keep your vehicles on when you exit? Is anyone else annoyed with this too?

LosKnightsTemplar
  • LosKnightsTemplar

Grand Master

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

I'm annoyed about this feature seemingly being removed considering you're popped off so quickly by law enforcement & every other person with a weapon.

When I rob a money transit van I want a car parked around the corner with the engine still running so I can leg it to my car and be on my way, instead I find myself doing the rocking forward motion in real life hoping the car will kick up soon!

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

Also when you are a cop you cannot have your spotlight or car headlights on without engine.

Please patch R* you dickhead f*ckers

• GothamWinterWarz likes this

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Also when you are a cop you cannot have your spotlight or car headlights on without engine.

I'm going to ignore you're blatant insults towards the amazing creators of this game to address something.

Spotlights? What?

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

"Amazing creators" lied to you and mislead you so stop swallowing their cum and get a little pissed at all the good things they removed since IV (like engines running).

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:32 AM

"Amazing creators" lied to you and mislead you so stop swallowing their cum and get a little pissed at all the good things they removed since IV (like engines running).

I'm talking about your references to spotlights as a cop. 

occono
  • occono

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

I miss the radio still playing as you left the Car.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

Yeah it doesn't make sense, give us the option to turn the engine on and off.. what idiot turns his engine off before robbing a store when he's by himself? At least online you can hire drivers or get your buddies help you out and be a driver while you rob the place. I hate how R* disregarded so many things in SP tho.

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

MDE.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

I'm going to ignore you're blatant insults towards the amazing creators of this game to address something.

Spotlights? What?

He means the searchlight on the left door mirror, I think.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

yea it sucks, and on top of that ive had brand new high end undamaged sports cars have to crank over a few times and he says come on, start! or whatever, really dumb and makes no sense, lol!  you guys ever have that problem? it didnt do that in gta4 unless it was smoking, now brand new cars are doing it in gta5? WTF

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

MDE.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

I guess it could be simulating that the car doesn't have much fuel in it, even though there's no fuel in the game, as such.

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

I have to say, the ridiculously aggressive and apparently psychic police AI is the most annoying thing about this game to me, but not being able to leave your car on when you get out definitely follows close behind. I don't even think I can even count on both hands how many times the five seconds it takes to start the car and get it moving has been the difference between safe escape and killed by cops...

G-Funk
  • G-Funk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

They need to fix this. I don't think I can continue life normally if it's not fixed. :panic:

Nikolaij_R
  • Nikolaij_R

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

I think it is possible to leave the engine running. I did it once by accident.. i just don't know how. Couldn't do it again. Radio played also..

xSHIFTx
  • xSHIFTx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

I think it is possible to leave the engine running. I did it once by accident.. i just don't know how. Couldn't do it again. Radio played also..

Happened to me too. I got out the car on a beach area at night and I could hear the radio. It was fairly loud but then all the car windows were smashed and there was nothing else making noise around.

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

Happened to me too. I got out the car on a beach area at night and I could hear the radio. It was fairly loud but then all the car windows were smashed and there was nothing else making noise around.

I did it once before in an ambulance while running from the cops, but I haven't been able to since. If somebody figures out how to do it please share.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Done it twice, first time was at the car lot in the beginning of the game. When I did it I thought to myself, cool, R* is letting us leave the car running now if we want. Got in and tried to do it again, and failed repeatedly. Did it again later just parking a car and getting out, still no friggin clue how I did it though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users