Michael is the best GTA protagonist of all time

51 replies to this topic
greenrock
  • greenrock

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

his story is real, his character was great, he was flawed.........

Trevor was ok

Franklin was the worst, he just stood in the background the whole time

Carnotaurus
  • Carnotaurus

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

Trevor is my favorite or at least most use.  Michael remind me too much of Tommy V.  Franklin is a poor CJ clone.  They should have switch Franklin with Lamar.  

liquidussnake119
  • liquidussnake119

Bitcher and Moaner

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:53 AM

Michael was boring and cliche.

Trevor was the real standout. 

• joshua969 likes this

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

Michael is a solid protag, but not the best of all time.

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

I liked Michael the best.

Franklin is also cool

Trevor is cool also (Just beat the game so I now have my final opinion)

I think they are all in the top 5 GTA characters of all time.

For the guy who said Franklin should of been switched for Lamar, that would be AWESOME lol! Good idea. However Lamar didn't want to leave the hood. Franklin became an EXPERT heistmen making millions while Lamar was still selling dirt to some scumbag lowlives. I like Lamar though. He'd be a nice DLC character.

Xbox1988
  • Xbox1988

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

put the crack pipe down kid. hes an annoying mid-life crisis satire. hes annoying as f*ck. i cant believe you would think this. I HATE him.

Spoiler

BeardedxMic
  • BeardedxMic

The Bearded Bastich.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

Franklin is by far my favorite because I feel his side more than anything. Working for so much and getting so little. I do like the other two, but at least Frank has problems I can perceive more realistically.

• ShinobiFixer likes this

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

Seems like Franklin might have been a sop to the SA fans, his character was really underdeveloped and at times was nothing more than a nauseating pastiche.

Trevor, WHAT a character. Excellent stuff.

Michael, yes... greatest protagonist to date.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

I love all three characters because each represented different sides of the criminal lifestyle. I love Trevor's crazy ass and I also live how Franklin is determined to make out of poverty doing anything it takes. I also like Michael's experience and how his life is falling apart.

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:22 AM

I liked him for how different his story was compared to the past GTAs. Instead of starting poor and working your way up. Michael's story starts where he is considered to have "won".

Nasir_Jones
  • Nasir_Jones

Gta V Mexican Cartel Member

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

Franklin was my favorite, he wasn't a stupid guy who wanted to grow up in gang life and took a lot of chances, the game was based more around Franklin then any other character, thus why he's the one to make the decision at the end of the game.

mdgrncw
  • mdgrncw

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:42 AM

I don't like Michael because I just don't like his personality. He is fake and uses people. I understand that in his line of work that's how you play the game, but I just couldn't get myself to look passed that.

Trevor is my favorite because I feel for him. He really went 10 years thinking his best friend is dead and his other is in prison. Then to find out it is all a lie over night. Paired with the fact that he is unbalanced and has issues making/keeping friends (and just generally having anyone in his life to care about him) he's just a really lonely guy. I don't want to put spoilers for people who aren't finished with the game ( I don't have the option to spoiler tag on the mobile version) but people who have finished understand what I'm talking about because he's made comments regarding his feelings and personal issues through out.

Brad Maddox
  • Brad Maddox

Still B.R.A.D.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

@TenEightyOne I'm just doing to greenrock what I've seen him do on lots of threads dude you're defending a troll seriously don't believe me look at all of his posts but report the comment I don't care this dude has literally said the exact same thing except reversed he accused people of being racist towards white people and that we only like Franklin because he's black he goes out of his way to bash Franklin anc Franklin fans if you don't believe me seriously look at his posts he's a troll every once in a while he may make a legitimate topic or post but for the most part he's a troll

NikoPlease
  • NikoPlease

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

No way he's been here since '08 and doesn't know that...

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

Franklin is the best GTA protagonist of all time

Carnotaurus
  • Carnotaurus

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

I liked Michael the best.

Franklin is also cool

Trevor is cool also (Just beat the game so I now have my final opinion)

I think they are all in the top 5 GTA characters of all time.

For the guy who said Franklin should of been switched for Lamar, that would be AWESOME lol! Good idea. However Lamar didn't want to leave the hood. Franklin became an EXPERT heistmen making millions while Lamar was still selling dirt to some scumbag lowlives. I like Lamar though. He'd be a nice DLC character.

Yeah that was me, I'm hoping for DLC too.  I do miss the gang banging grove street CJ or any other gang member.  Franklin is no longer a gang banger and is a bit of a sellout.  I like Franklin but Lamar make more sense.  

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

Favorite protagonist of all time is Johnny the Jew, Klebitz the Heb. Well that's not exactly true. TLAD is my favorite story, not sure if I actually liked Johnny himself.

My favorites GTA V story wise is Michael, then Trevor, then Franklin. I couldn't get Franklin, dude comes off as a confused asshole. When it's time to put it down for Michael, he's all in, like he puts friends before everything. When Tanisha comes to talk to him about Lamar though, dude says some sh*t like "He ain't my best friend, he's just another nigga from the hood"

What type of f*cked up sh*t is that? Seems like he's only friends with whoever can get him that come-up. Dude's a snake that spends 99% of his free time talking down about the people he grew up with. For that, I really couldn't feel for him, especially because although Lamar got them into some dumb sh*t, when it was time to help Franklin out, with some people way more dangerous than some neighborhood ass bangers, Lamar was with it in a heartbeat.

Trevor is 100% about loyalty to his friends, and Michael would do anything for his family, but Franklin is only about putting change in his pocket. Ironic because he's just going to end up like Michael is at the lowest point of his story, alone in a big house with money out the ass wondering why the f*ck he's not happy.

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

I'd bet my left nut no one ever used the word "protagonist" until this game was mentioned.

AllenKS
  • AllenKS

SoLoville

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:12 AM Edited by AllenKS, 23 September 2013 - 04:12 AM.

I'd bet my left nut no one ever used the word "protagonist" until this game was mentioned.

You'd prolly lose that bet.

What else is there to call them?

KING2dor
  • KING2dor

Lingo Extraordinary

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

Nothin but racists on this forum smh..

y'all just mad Frank got the best crib ha

hsthompson
  • hsthompson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:27 AM

You'd prolly lose that bet.

What else is there to call them?

Characters?

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:57 AM Edited by RuiRuichi, 23 September 2013 - 04:57 AM.

put the crack pipe down kid. hes an annoying mid-life crisis satire. hes annoying as f*ck. i cant believe you would think this. I HATE him. you guys know who I killed at the end....

Spoiler
I DO NOT LIKE DOING MISSIONS FOR FREE! Boosted cars for jack, damn.

aurules16
  • aurules16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:02 AM

put the crack pipe down kid. hes an annoying mid-life crisis satire. hes annoying as f*ck. i cant believe you would think this. I HATE him. you guys know who I killed at the end....

Thanks for the spoiler. 

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:10 AM

I like micheal and trev. They work well together.
Frank annoys me.
At first he was. Cool when it was him and micheal. But since trev showed up Franklin just seams like a gangbanger who is trying to fit in where he doesn't belong.
At the moment he just seams forced Ito the story. Hopefully he will fit in soon braise he has potential

Romel3
  • Romel3

BEAST COAST 2013

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:17 AM

IMO, if there was only one main protagonists out of three main protagonists for the whole game, then Michael wouldve been the main protag in GTA V, and if it isnt Michael, then Franklin.

WhiteAmericanLawman
  • WhiteAmericanLawman

Los Santos Police Department

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Michael is my favorite, as well.

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:40 AM Edited by rampage08, 23 September 2013 - 09:40 AM.

although i love trevor (as a game character), i feel like he's suitable to be an unplayable main character, in short, not a protagonist but more of a side character, a partner, something like Roman or Little Jacob, i don't know why,

Michael is one of the best protags though

JRolly
  • JRolly

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Yup, he really is

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

he technically isn't compared to trevor.
but he is my favourite.

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:15 PM

Hold on dude Im'a let you finish, but, Tommy Vercetti was the greatest GTA protagonist of all time ..... ALL TIME ! ! ! ! !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users