I don't know how people say IV had better driving

109 replies to this topic
Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:13 AM

V's driving is pretty good, except for bikes they absolutely f*cking suck in V, IV did bikes better than any other out there..
It's a shame they took steps backwards...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

V's driving is pretty good, except for bikes they absolutely f*cking suck in V, IV did bikes better than any other out there..

Actually San Andreas did bikes best but V is growing on me. The escape after the Jewelry store heist made me appreciate the bikes.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

It's how gamers on the internet act these days.

A sequel comes out, they always say the previous game was better, even if they downright hated the previous game.

Legend of Zelda fans are notorious for this sh*te.

Yeah but c'mon, Ocarina of Time was the best.

Naha! Link to the past was! :) (and I also prefer windwaker before ocarina of time)

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Everybody who complains about the driving is a troll, period. 

Really, now?  I don't like V's driving at all.  I'm hardly a troll.  You do realize people have the right to an opinion, don't you?  I'm a driving enthusiast in the real world, and I find IV's driving imitates the sense of speed and weight of real cars more authentically.

Then get Forza or better yet, go drive in real life and stop bitching.

I do have Forza and I do drive in real life.  IV's handling is nothing like Forza, yet I thoroughly enjoy it.  Stop bitching?  Look in a mirror.  Having an opinion and voicing that opinion is all I'm guilty of.  Grow up.

You would be surprised. I was just thumbed down to oblivion and called a "c*nt" (by a Tobuscus subscriber!) for expressing my honest opinion on Rockstar's cock up with the HVY Dump. It seems any negativity towards GTA V is prohibited, whether it be honest or not, even though you can clearly see that I said V is the best game on the market.  :sui:

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

People say all kinds of stupid things.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

It's about preference. I like both but neither are realistic the same way IV isn't 'boatlike' and V isn't on rails. I've spun out/lost control of my maxed out Feltzer a bunch of times in V.

Imo, IV felt 'heavier'' and V feels 'looser'. But both styles complement each respective game if you ask me.

Fisha695
  • Fisha695

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

As somebody who has been playing racing games for almost 20 years I hate the driving physics tuning they used in V, way to arcadey & unrealistic. That being said, once you get used to it you're used to it and it's not as bad but still rather fake feeling.

1987_EC
  • 1987_EC

PC gamer

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:20 AM

As somebody who has been playing racing games for almost 20 years I hate the driving physics tuning they used in V, way to arcadey & unrealistic. That being said, once you get used to it you're used to it and it's not as bad but still rather fake feeling.

^!

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

As I've said before, three sliders would ultimately solve everyone's problems; body roll, sliding and steering.

I think that would cover most issues with the handling problems. Maybe even a fourth slider for damage?

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:43 AM

Actually San Andreas did bikes best but V is growing on me. The escape after the Jewelry store heist made me appreciate the bikes.

Many would argue Vice City bikes were the best, there were lots of stunts that are not possible in San Andreas that you can do in Vice City.

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:48 AM Edited by nowaydawg, 25 September 2013 - 09:51 AM.

IV's was more realistic

You propably have never driven any car , then.

And no, i'm not saying V's is more realistic.

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I dont know why but i just cant compare IV driving with V, they're both great, IV driving suits IV and V driving suits V.
  • DeafMetal likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:55 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 25 September 2013 - 10:57 AM.

I liked both. But it's total B.S. how some people claim IV's driving is more realistic. The fact of the matter is that not all vehicles handle like a semi truck. My car is pretty old and takes a while to accelerate and turn. My dad's car is a lot newer and just slightly touching the steering wheel will turn that motherf*cker like there's no tomorrow.

But I DO agree that the motorcycle handling was a step down from IV. The heavy physics in IV made the handling of bikes REALLY fun. You could shift your body to your advantage. In V, they just feel like miniature cars.

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

GTA 5's driving is better then GTA 4's in every way. Not hating GTA 4 but i am just saying GTA 5 is better.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:34 AM

Ok not too bothered about the driving, it's the fact I can't drift or mess about because all cars have too much grip.

super_slav
  • super_slav

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:23 AM

GTA V's handling is realistic.

GTA 4's handling was wobbly.

You obviously have never driven a car before, not every car in real life has coilover suspension like GTA V's cars do. GTA IV's driving was far more realistic.

• Fisha695 likes this

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:02 AM Edited by jagcivtec, 07 October 2013 - 03:18 AM.

Say what you want, but GTA5 default driving feels cheap.  Slidey cars is the way to drive.

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

• Have you people ever driven a real car? V's handling isn't that bad or unrealistic for that matter. Sure it's not a full-on racing simulator like Gran Turismo or Forza, but to me it feels like an arcade-simulator mix like Project Gotham Racing. Honestly, this happens with every game. People whine to get something changed like the boat driving in GTA IV. Then they change it and you whine to get it changed back. Deal with it. You wanted this, and if you don't like it go back to IV.

You must be kidding?  You really think the people who are complaining about GAT5 cheap driving are the same who complained about GTA4 more challenging driving?   You must be brain dead.   

jagcivtec
  • jagcivtec

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

Ok not too bothered about the driving, it's the fact I can't drift or mess about because all cars have too much grip.

I agree, the speed is ok, but the wheels are magnetized to the road, even in the dirt.  Slidey cars really fixes the issue so just make it a menu option.  

Driving with slidey cars changes the game completely, allows drifting, and creates an overall more challenging driving experience.  

I think R* put it in there because they expected all hell to break loose when people realized they couldn't drift, power slide, etc.  They will sure make an option for us.

Garrison64
  • Garrison64

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:47 AM

I don't mind the overall car handling in V. What I really miss from IV is the car to car physics. When I hit another car in IV there was a very satisfying impact and the other car would often be tossed about violently especially if I was driving a larger vehicle. I don't care that it wasn't particularly realistic, it was fun. The car to car physics in V is boring in comparison. It's hard to spin someone out from behind even when you are in a larger vehicle. Yes it can be done but only with extreme effort. 

And just for a real world example, I was once in an accident where I was going 55 and this guy pulled out from a red light in a much smaller car. I didn't even have time to apply my brakes. I hit his car so hard that it spun around 270 degrees and one of the hinges on his hood ripped off and the hood swung around with so much force it put a huge dent in the passenger's door. Luckily I hit right at the front wheel of his car and nobody was hurt. But it reminded me of IV because I basically tossed his car aside like it was cardboard. I barely even felt the impact in my car.

In V the cars hit like they are full of cement and they sound like a couple of empty metal garbage cans smashing together. It just doesn't offer the same satisfaction as it did in IV. I wish they had improved the handling to where it is now but left everything else the way it was. 

Although to be honest the driving physics in IV were one of the most fun things about that game for me. I loved the way cars slid around corners. It was challenging and fun and took time to master but by the end I was really good at it and found it to be extremely rewarding. But I will say it was kind of silly when a car would roll over simply by taking a corner too fast. The suspensions were way to floaty on some cars.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users