Photo

I don't know how people say IV had better driving

109 replies to this topic
flyer2359
  • flyer2359

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

The driving in IV sucked because of a super soft suspension and now we have a rock hard suspension so they went too far the other way.  We should have something in between IV and V, because IV was too far one way and now V is too far the other way.

• TheTruthOnly and Buford T Justice like this

Buford T Justice
  • Buford T Justice

Is that so?

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

The larger vehicles in V need to be abit less rigid. It's also annoying that my 5600 lb Patriot cant push a Prius out of the way when I pull up behind it and try to push it onto train tracks or something like that. There is no reason to not drive a small sports car in this game, larger vehicles don't really have many usefull advantages at the moment.

RX2000
  • RX2000

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:30 PM

This thread is the truth and nothing but it. How can people honestly say IV's slippery ice driving is better than V's?

Apparently because its more "realistic" & you can prove how awesome you are at games when you can "master" driving around the land yachts in IV....

• Dylricho likes this

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:31 PM

The driving in IV sucked because of a super soft suspension and now we have a rock hard suspension so they went too far the other way.  We should have something in between IV and V, because IV was too far one way and now V is too far the other way.

Yeah, that's the best description of the "problem" I've read so far. 

Signed!

• Dylricho likes this

voad1
  • voad1

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

I out in IV to compare and after playing V I just couldn't go back. There is no speed at all in IV. I tried to do the weaving in and out of traffic thing in IV and I just kept sliding all over the place and bumping into cars. I don't care if it is too arcade or dumbed down because it is much more fun. As soon as I got the second mission with Franklin and lamar I knew people were talking out of their ass with the driving complaints. There is a sense of speed in this in this game that was not there in IV.

Weird, I could go fast and weave in and out of traffic just fine in 4. I felt a sense of speed in 4. Especially when cornering. Because in reality you need to slow down and brake to make a turn with out sliding off the road or flipping your car. This feels like driving a go kart.

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'll take GTA V's car handling and GTA IV's car damage.

i would like the opposite, GTA IV handling and V damage

WORSHIP KRAFF
  • WORSHIP KRAFF

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:46 PM

It's how gamers on the internet act these days.

A sequel comes out, they always say the previous game was better, even if they downright hated the previous game.

Legend of Zelda fans are notorious for this sh*te.

Ikr? 

First it's like 'GTA IV was the worst ever, I hated the driving, too boaty and slidey and oh my'

Now it's like 'I liked GTA IV's driving better, I miss it' 

Jimmy Darmody
  • Jimmy Darmody

Don

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

They shouldn't have completed neglected GTA IV's driving. It's not perfect but i liked it. Should have add 20% of GTA's driving physics, it would be perfect. And the over the top jumps the car takes when hitting on the ground after a jump just to give a Hollywood feel... i don't like it.

TheTruthOnly
  • TheTruthOnly

Thug

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

GTA V's handling reminds me GTA:SA a lot. It feels simple and easy.(but it's not) In IV it feels complex and advance.

I don't know if R* totally rewrite cars physics, i hope that they just "improve" the old one, add new features and tighten every car suspension waay too much. That would mean that we can easily tweak it on PC version. Also weight of cars in V is ridiculous. Only really better change they made is car damage. It's improved a lot, but still they made every vehicle too strong. It takes some time to wreck them.

I'm not saying that IV has perfect handling!! OK, big trucks were nearly perfect, SUV were fine, but sports cars were mostly awful. All they had to do was make it more responsive and faster. Yes, there was no sense of really high speed in IV at all.

Perfect handling would be something in between V and IV.

monyg
  • monyg

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Why is realism taken so damn seriously in a GTA game...it's obvious they did what they did to the driving because it fits GTA V's style.....If you realism, i heard xbox has Forza and PS has grand turismo...

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:24 PM

Watching gameplay videos, I was very scared about the driving. It looked horrible and completely unrealistic! I loved GTA IV's driving and was very disappointed to see that it had changed to something much worse

BUT....

Upon playing the game the moment I stepped in a car I loved it. I enjoy it much more than GTA IV's driving system. Cars feel much better and it feels so beautiful to smoothly drift around a corner without sliding all over the place. The only complaint I do have though is hitting other vehicles. It feels like you just bounce off and do no damage

EXactly. I admit some of the videos had me scared but I did that first mission with Lamar and I wondered what the hell people were whining about. Speed will always win over so called realism.

MadMoney
  • MadMoney

The accountant

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Everybody who complains about the driving is a troll, period. 

Really, now?  I don't like V's driving at all.  I'm hardly a troll.  You do realize people have the right to an opinion, don't you?  I'm a driving enthusiast in the real world, and I find IV's driving imitates the sense of speed and weight of real cars more authentically.

Then get Forza or better yet, go drive in real life and stop bitching.

I do have Forza and I do drive in real life.  IV's handling is nothing like Forza, yet I thoroughly enjoy it.  Stop bitching?  Look in a mirror.  Having an opinion and voicing that opinion is all I'm guilty of.  Grow up.

• Dylricho likes this

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

This thread is the truth and nothing but it. How can people honestly say IV's slippery ice driving is better than V's?

Because haters gotta hate.

wtf are you guus talking about? You must have no skill at all.. Iv was actually very realistic apart and good driving apart from the bouncing up sometimes. I never slipped at all, you just had to calculate a corner a bit and don't take it like a complete fool, you cant just take corners at high speed without holding your feet of the gass for a moment and/or brake. It actually felt satisfying to take corners perfectly, after a while you could drift then perfectly now its just mindlessly taking the corners cause you can take ridiculously sharp turns at even more ridiculous speeds. Maybe the cars are faster now but there was no need to make them faster in IV due to the city with the massive map and sh*t its only logic that they made them a bit faster. Im not a hater, and I enjoy driving in V too, but somewhere between V and IV wouldv been better. The game became overly easy because of people like you complaining about everything, seriously go watch a movie or something if you dont want abit of a challenge.

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

Apparently because its more "realistic" & you can prove how awesome you are at games when you can "master" driving around the land yachts in IV....

it wasnt hard to master at all, all you needed was to grow a brainand realise you cant take turns at full speed.

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Driving in GTA IV was so much fun.

If you wanted to go into a corner at full speed first you had to pull the ebrake to start a slide.  From there you had to manage the brakes, and use some throttle control and counter steering in order to navigate it successfully.  You had to make sure not to over correct, or put too much throttle at the wrong time..  

In GTA V you just turn into the corner.  You may start to slide a little, but you just counter steer a little and the game snaps you straight.  No worry of over correcting.  Just keep the throttle floored and you're good.

Really, it's quite depressing, and that's why I just put GTA IV back in my PS3.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

I don't mind challenging but driving in IV is just not very enjoyable. I can fly down the street now without crashing but it still feels slow and heavy. V feels light and fast. Chases and escapes are much more fun and action packed because of it. After the best mission in IV I escaped in a slow ass van through the streets. After the first planned heist mission in V I escaped first by riding a bike though the sewers and second by ramming cop cars into the aqua ducts with a much more funner to drive van. I know which one was more fun.

ekhunter
  • ekhunter

Love Fist

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

now that im used to the drving i LOVE it, the only thing that would work better is the damage engine!

driving is sweet

hillbillybrando
  • hillbillybrando

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:11 AM

this post is exactly how i feel about the driving also.when first drove the 9f racing lamar i knew they nailed it on the head with driving.only thing thats too arcadey in this game are the 4 wheelers and crouch rocket motorcycles....people also fail to realize how much detail rockstar has put into every car,from the way they handle to pulling up a hill,you can really feel the difference in each vehicle.

RaptorXD25
  • RaptorXD25

Ace

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:12 AM

• Have you people ever driven a real car? V's handling isn't that bad or unrealistic for that matter. Sure it's not a full-on racing simulator like Gran Turismo or Forza, but to me it feels like an arcade-simulator mix like Project Gotham Racing. Honestly, this happens with every game. People whine to get something changed like the boat driving in GTA IV. Then they change it and you whine to get it changed back. Deal with it. You wanted this, and if you don't like it go back to IV.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:14 AM

IV's driving is completely unrealistic, to be honest. Cars are not that sensitive, they're not that slippery, they're not that top heavy.

V's driving is literally perfect. I want them to keep it for VI. If possible, they should amp up the car damage. But I've honestly gotten over it at this point. The game is incredibly fun to mess around on in single player... imagine online.. it'll be fun, that's for sure.

I can't wait for the online races... it'll be super competitive now with things like tune ups, and easier controls.... also DLC, real estate, and everything else like the 600+ missions... custom race editors... it'll be so fun.

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:46 AM Edited by vwnut13, 24 September 2013 - 01:46 AM.

• Have you people ever driven a real car? V's handling isn't that bad or unrealistic for that matter. 

Driving in GTA V is like driving a real car at 30 mph.

However, you aren't driving a car at 30 mph in GTA.

MadMoney
  • MadMoney

The accountant

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:55 AM

• Have you people ever driven a real car? V's handling isn't that bad or unrealistic for that matter. 

Driving in GTA V is like driving a real car at 30 mph.

However, you aren't driving a car at 30 mph in GTA.

Agreed.  There's no sense of inertia or speed.  If you're over 60 mph, you shouldn't be able to just snap the wheel around without getting into a slide.  While IV's suspension was too soft, you actually felt like you were moving.

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

try doing a donut in V

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

try doing a donut in V

I just tried it and it worked very well.

Totts
  • Totts

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

It's how gamers on the internet act these days.

A sequel comes out, they always say the previous game was better, even if they downright hated the previous game.

Legend of Zelda fans are notorious for this sh*te.

Yeah but c'mon, Ocarina of Time was the best.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

IV has boats. V has cars.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

They really new a balance between iv and v
V a bit arcady. Iv was too heavy.
I think I prefer GTA V driving now in used to it.

staticguy
  • staticguy

★ Watch out for ur stop!We go deep into the ghetto!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

V is a bit arcady, but far better than IV! and for online, this is the driving style we need for loads of fun :lol:

IntoGloryRide
  • IntoGloryRide

Warmonger

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

This may be slightly OT, but the only real (minor) gripe I have with the driving is the cinematic camera being dumbed down. You get less angles this time around and the slo-mo kind of sucks. I miss where in IV you could trigger the camera in slo-mo when crashing through a windshield into a wall, or jumping out with a different angle. It made for some entertaining visuals.

As for the actual driving I really have no complaints. It feels slick, fast and easy to control once getting it down. The crash dynamics could be better like in IV but still satisfying enough.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

GTA V's handling is realistic.

GTA 4's handling was wobbly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users