http://gtaforums.com...941-konkorfour/

Am I banned?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:33 AM

You posted this topic, so you're obviously not banned.

KonkorFour
  • KonkorFour

FindersKeepers

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

You posted this topic, so you're obviously not banned.

Wasn't sure if that's a glitch or not, any idea why that's happening?

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

No idea what error you're talking about. I don't see any.

KonkorFour
  • KonkorFour

FindersKeepers

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

No idea what error you're talking about. I don't see any.

When I or any members go to my profile we receive this:

2luugpi.png

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:06 PM

It seems that your account has been accidentally flagged as a spam account resulting in your profile being unavailable for you and normal members. Ideally, that should have disabled your posting rights, but there seems to be some glitch.

Please wait until an admin sees this topic and fixes the problem.

Tank
  • Tank

Gangsta

• None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:38 PM

I have removed the accidental spam flag from your account. Let us know if the profile problem persists.

KonkorFour
  • KonkorFour

FindersKeepers

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

I have removed the accidental spam flag from your account. Let us know if the profile problem persists.

Oh, well thanks I'll be sure to do that.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:52 AM Edited by brian., 24 September 2013 - 03:05 AM.

It seems that your account has been accidentally flagged as a spam account resulting in your profile being unavailable for you and normal members. Ideally, that should have disabled your posting rights, but there seems to be some glitch.

It wasn't accidental, he is a spammer, he is working hard with another to steal your members right now. If he was flagged automatically, it's because he's a spammer:

http://gtaforums.com...t/?p=1063443668

Website

Hey everyone, since a lot of people here are trying their hardest to get to this but there seems to be no moderation on trolls and people diverting and going off topic I figured I'd make a website for the crew, so if you want to feel free to discuss there: http://www.deepground.co.uk

Guys we're migrating to konkor's forum guy who created this topic if you go there we have set areas for set topics like glyph hunting,ufo and locations, plus the all elusive hatches so come to the forum also this post does not have enough moderation so we get trolls,"fake rockstar employees" and reposts and people not reading through the pages but on the forum that should not be a problem so if you guys keep telling peeps to come to the forum we should be in buisness in the easter egg hunting game

http://gtaforums.com...t/?p=1063443741

Should check out the website, a few of them have some interesting theories about the Elevator at Zancudo

They are acting like they have exclusive info on their site and keep telling people to go there instead, when if it was anything else, they'd be posting it here like anyone else would. But they are trying to siphon your members - your anti spam is working.

There can be any number of potential threats possibly in store for anyone who falls for their tactics. They could be trying any number of things. Least dubious I guess is to snatch your members since this is where GTA fans are and build their own group or something.

Maybe they are not sophisticated at all and just think it's okay to do what they are doing.

But if one got auto-flagged, it's definitely worth looking at, and they are definitely trying to move the activity of this forum to theirs instead of here.

Adding quoted posts in case they change them.

Firedude and he are working together to try to sway others into that forum, using hot-topic material.

It is a blackhat marketing tactic, a form of social arbitrage.

That is why your software probably flagged him.

If it was an auto flag, then this is how he runs his spam ring.

You are being invaded by sophisticated spammers and people using blackhat youtube techniques and sh*t and the trolls he is talking about are probably work with them too - they are trying to build a property, and riding under yours trying to do it.

At the very least, the most modest, is they are promoting their site on yours. It can be a lot more dubious.

KonkorFour
  • KonkorFour

FindersKeepers

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:03 AM Edited by KonkorFour, 24 September 2013 - 04:12 AM.

It wasn't accidental, he is a spammer, he is working hard with another to steal your members right now. If he was flagged automatically, it's because he's a spammer:

http://gtaforums.com...t/?p=1063443668

Website

Hey everyone, since a lot of people here are trying their hardest to get to this but there seems to be no moderation on trolls and people diverting and going off topic I figured I'd make a website for the crew, so if you want to feel free to discuss there: http://www.deepground.co.uk

Guys we're migrating to konkor's forum guy who created this topic if you go there we have set areas for set topics like glyph hunting,ufo and locations, plus the all elusive hatches so come to the forum also this post does not have enough moderation so we get trolls,"fake rockstar employees" and reposts and people not reading through the pages but on the forum that should not be a problem so if you guys keep telling peeps to come to the forum we should be in buisness in the easter egg hunting game

http://gtaforums.com...t/?p=1063443741

Should check out the website, a few of them have some interesting theories about the Elevator at Zancudo

They are acting like they have exclusive info on their site and keep telling people to go there instead, when if it was anything else, they'd be posting it here like anyone else would. But they are trying to siphon your members - your anti spam is working.

There can be any number of potential threats possibly in store for anyone who falls for their tactics. They could be trying any number of things. Least dubious I guess is to snatch your members since this is where GTA fans are and build their own group or something.

Maybe they are not sophisticated at all and just think it's okay to do what they are doing.

But if one got auto-flagged, it's definitely worth looking at, and they are definitely trying to move the activity of this forum to theirs instead of here.

Adding quoted posts in case they change them.

Firedude and he are working together to try to sway others into that forum, using hot-topic material.

It is a blackhat marketing tactic, a form of social arbitrage.

That is why your software probably flagged him.

If it was an auto flag, then this is how he runs his spam ring.

wtf-mem-jackie-chan.jpeg

I have not spammed anything, you've gotten the wrong idea.

I created the thread called "Jetpack hunt" a day ago now, this was because the original thread "I think I found something..." was becoming spam, there were trolls, spammers and people going off topic or posting theories about chasing chickens. So I made a new thread where we can control everything and keep the front page up to date with information.

Now about 9 pages in a troll called "Shaftonetwoone" implied he was a Rockstar employee, leading countless members off topic and trolling. I reported him a long with a few others but he's still there now. His last post was on page 80. Nothing was done about him and he keeps coming back.

The next was 4 guys posting links to Jesus sites, a lot of people reported them but they are still there now too. Then another guy posted a link 8 times to SourMath (3 Guys having sex).

A member Private Messaged me about a "private" chatroom where people can talk without trolls and spammers taking it off topic, you should be able to check my message to see this is true. I said I doubt anyone would join but I can try. So I created a forum that is divided up into the different Easter Eggs to help control the environment and let us moderate it since above.

I posted the link to this on the thread "Jetpack Hunt" saying that I've created a forum that can be moderated and such so if anyone would like we can use that. About 30 members who are in the Crew came over (I posted it on the crew page too). I was still setting up the forum and changing group permissions since Guest were set to Standard. I created a forum where registered members can shortcut to the crew page and guests would see "Join now to go to the crew" but I mixed the permissions up and this was seen as us closing the forum off making members register when it was happening to all members not just guests.

Back on this forum several people quoted the link I had posted asking questions about the forum and saying they will check both, so I only posted it once but it was quoted a lot. 

I then posted a second time to say that someone had an interesting theory, this was done in an intent to get a few more people to check it out that's true, but we were not intending to "steal" any members. If anything more members have joined recently due to my thread and the work we've done so hard to find.

I'm a fairly new member here and so far I've done my best to report people and to help keep threads on track, but as you might know I'm a big GTA fan and many others here are too so we're eager and excited to crack open the mystery on the game. I'm not trying to commit scams or fraud or anything else, I was merely trying to provide a moderated area for others to post in. 

I'm also not in some conspiracy working behind "black hat tactics" or with other members trolling, that's absurd. You asked me why I never made the forum at the start, well that's because at the start I didn't expect so many people to get involved and it's hard to keep on track in a single thread. I can see how this may look like a scam or something so I will understand 100% if I am banned, but I would really like to stay a member here.

I've worked so hard to help find more easter eggs and the other members in the thread have done a great job. I'd really like to continue that and not be banned because of someone who seems fairly paranoid.

I don't need to create a property since I own a lot of websites and servers already, the latest being "PokéTowns" and as for us trying to create a group, that was done at the start of my thread: http://socialclub.ro.../finderskeepers

I'm sorry for any hassle I've caused.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:14 AM

I didn't even know this topic existed until I already saw a lot of things that - whether you really know or not - are blackhat arbitrage tactics and very common in gaming now that youtube has blown up and vultures are everywhere - and as you should know by being a member, advertising your forum on this forum is not cool, you may or may not be sophisticated in your intent.

But the fact that I found this too, because I went to see your threads and make sense of it, and found this - that was enough for me to ask you to stop spamming your link and to let them know here that it's likely their spam guard is working just fine, and that this user just suffered from an unforseen consequence of spamming somewhere else that uses the same database.

I thank you as a peer for no longer advertising an external site which was locked from public and promising people "just go see, it's there!" and then it was private (until someone called you on it) and then it was unprivate, yet you guys wanted people to go there, when anything else, you would just copy paste - but since it was yours, and you are trying to make your own group/forum/probably youtube channels and everything else, you directed people to ANOTHER site instead of PASTE IT HERE and that was where you became TRANSPARENT..

KonkorFour
  • KonkorFour

FindersKeepers

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:27 AM Edited by KonkorFour, 24 September 2013 - 04:36 AM.

I didn't even know this topic existed until I already saw a lot of things that - whether you really know or not - are blackhat arbitrage tactics and very common in gaming now that youtube has blown up and vultures are everywhere - and as you should know by being a member, advertising your forum on this forum is not cool, you may or may not be sophisticated in your intent.

But the fact that I found this too, because I went to see your threads and make sense of it, and found this - that was enough for me to ask you to stop spamming your link and to let them know here that it's likely their spam guard is working just fine, and that this user just suffered from an unforseen consequence of spamming somewhere else that uses the same database.

I thank you as a peer for no longer advertising an external site which was locked from public and promising people "just go see, it's there!" and then it was private (until someone called you on it) and then it was unprivate, yet you guys wanted people to go there, when anything else, you would just copy paste - but since it was yours, and you are trying to make your own group/forum/probably youtube channels and everything else, you directed people to ANOTHER site instead of PASTE IT HERE and that was where you became TRANSPARENT..

You keep saying the same thing about Black Hat Tactics. Yet, I've never really heard of that until tonight.

The fact that you found this thread means nothing, you've created some delusion that my master plan was to create a thread that would get 250,000 views and then spam a link in the intent to secretly (Albeit not so secretly) steal the members from GTAForums to create an underworld that shall rise up and take over?

^That's how stupid you sound to me.

I already admitted both to the person who pointed it out and on here that it was locked, by my own mistake since I've never used PHPbb before. I've always gone for Wordpress. Yet you fail to actually acknowledge this and keep bringing it up. If that was even remotely true then the images I've created (about 35) surely I'd put a link or tag them in some way? Yet if you notice on the thread I credit anyone who makes those images and leave mine unmarked.

Like I said, I've done nothing wrong. There was NO moderation on that thread what so ever. I created a forum for people to post on where it IS moderated, I messed up and I haven't used that as an excuse I genuinely admit the forum was locked due to my own mistake. But you're coming up with theories crazier then chasing chicken eggs.

I signed up here because I was a member on GameFAQs and their forum was terrible. I was looking for a place to find others to talk about GTA V with. I found a topic about a UFO discovery and I gave some insight that led to something else. I created a new thread for those wishing to discuss this Jetpack discovery theory and we stumbled upon a LOT more than we thought we would. We encountered trolls, spammers and more and there is no visible way to moderate this. I've tried to "ignore/block" but there seems to be no button for this.

So you can keep posting your silly theories about how I'm an evil black hat wizard trying to take over, but it's stupid.

Also, if you are going to keep making me out to be an evil hacker genius then please go to my website that's unrelated to GTA and check out the feedback and stuff. You'll see I'm not a bad guy, all I'm trying to do is help further the advancement of the easter egg hunt (That sounds so stupid -_-).

http://www.poketowns.com/feedback/ (Also, main page I edited it to say my ingame name is konkorfour, I'm the owner)

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:32 AM

To be fair, you were indeed advertising your website under the guise of that topic. That is something we don't allow and it's probably why your account was reported in the first place.

Also, if you're going to complain about moderating on a forum of this scale, then you have no idea how hard it is to keep track of every spam/troll post. We rely on members to help us out by reporting such posts. If you're not going to report the spam posts in your topic, then we obviously won't be dealing with them because we won't be aware of them. You can't expect us to read through each and every topic.

KonkorFour
  • KonkorFour

FindersKeepers

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:46 PM

To be fair, you were indeed advertising your website under the guise of that topic. That is something we don't allow and it's probably why your account was reported in the first place.

Also, if you're going to complain about moderating on a forum of this scale, then you have no idea how hard it is to keep track of every spam/troll post. We rely on members to help us out by reporting such posts. If you're not going to report the spam posts in your topic, then we obviously won't be dealing with them because we won't be aware of them. You can't expect us to read through each and every topic.

I never advertised anything until last night. But I apologize for that.

I also report everything I see and I do understand how hard it is.

joshdamonkeyman
  • joshdamonkeyman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:43 PM

I never advertised anything until last night. But I apologize for that.

I also report everything I see and I do understand how hard it is.

i joined u guys just because of this guys thread...jus sayin

• KonkorFour likes this

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

The original issue has been resolved, so I don't think there's anything left to be discussed here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users