Photo

Titan (C-130) problems.

9 replies to this topic
GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

This only to point out the errors in this aircraft because I worked them in the past in the USAF. I work on a different air frame now. Many people wouldn't or don't notice the errors. 

1. Why do the engines sound like old B-17 radial engines? The C-130 has 4 jet engines(T-56) that drives a propeller and 1 Apu system use to start the aircraft. When the engines are are running you only hear the props spinning. 

2. Engine behaves like a radial engine. The propeller shudders back and forth as if it's being driving by pistons. If the prop stops spinning then it's DEAD, because the engine has stalled or flamed out. The engine won't re-start by itself because jet engine doesn't store engine like radial engines. 

3. It's IMPOSSIBLE to start all four engines at once. The apu can only start one engine at a time. Hell we had to even turn the AC off so all air goes towards the engine when I use to run them. Once you get one engine start then you may use the bleed air from it to start another. All of this takes minutes to get done. You'll be dead in the game before the 2nd engine even starts let alone the apu starting up. Also the engine covers are always on adding to the time it takes to start the plane. 

4. Take off distance is TOO short. It's not a light plane. 

5. Where are the Chaffs and Flares or laser pods. Most C-130 in real life have at least the chaff and flares if not the laser pods. This aircraft should be able to diffend against missles. 

6. Why is a helicopter keeping up with this plane? A single engine aircraft can't keep up with a 4 engine aircraft. Don't need to explain more. 

7. I should be able to up and close the ramp door. I want to carry my cars in there for fun.  Also this plane has more than one entry, it also has two paratroop doors on the left and right side. 

8. The propwash should toss any cars and people that get behind it. 

9. Believe it or not by the doors on the airframes are usually kept open for quick entry inside for maintainers and air crew. We only close them if bad weather is coming or other reasons. 

10. All aircraft in the military have the wheels chocked with blocks of wood in front and behind the tires. (This take away the fun ingame)

I know 100% that R* won't fixed and least the simple things about the planes in the game but it was worth noting. 

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

...Really?

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

...Really?

What? Everyone else is posting about how cars behave because they know a lot about them. So why can't I share my knowledge in a plane? Only fair right? 

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

Lol, you have very right to do so, and it's great that you have that sort of knowledge I guess, just don't really see the point.

People can compare vehicles in-game to their real life counterparts all they want, but the fact that the in-game vehicles are "based on" real-life vehicles kinda defeats the purpose. They aren't supposed to be exact replicas - if they were, GTA would be a simulation.

I'd also suggest that this thread would be more appropriate in the gameplay sub forum, as it doesn't really fit in troubleshooting.

Concorde2010
  • Concorde2010

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

...Really?

What? Everyone else is posting about how cars behave because they know a lot about them. So why can't I share my knowledge in a plane? Only fair right? 

Well... sure it´s fair. But I guess everyone out there knows that GTA does NOT simulate everything perfectly right. No matter what - Cars, Planes, Boats, Bikes or Weapons.

I could open up threads about how unrealistic the Handling of the Coquette is compared to my RL C6 Z06 or how I think that the Vapid Sandking XL is way too quick for it´s Size and the Damage Model.. oh jeez let´s just stop right here.

Not trying to criticize your Post here, but it seems kind of wrong to nit pick about Details like crazy in a Game that was originally designed for quick fun driving and "Firearm Discharges" lol

Well I guess you got the point.

But yeah, as I consider myself a Car Enthusiast and loved the simulated Body-Roll in GTA IV that has now been removed in GTA V, I sure know how you feel.

The handling became slightly worse imo but it´s okay for what it´s supposed to be - a FUN and FORGIVING experience.

~Concorde2010

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

It is troubleshooting because I see them all as errors that should be fixed, R* should've done better research IMO. At least fixed the ones that won't interfere with game play.  

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:16 AM

It is troubleshooting because I see them all as errors that should be fixed, R* should've done better research IMO. At least fixed the ones that won't interfere with game play.  

....So, you obviously missed the point about GTA not being a simulation?

They aren't errors. They're design choices. Which belong in the gameplay forum. You said yourself that people are talking about the handling of other vehicles - but I don't see those threads here.

Besides that, these aren't official forums. If you want Rockstar to implement a design change, email them with your concerns, although i'd suggest that they're busy working on real problems atm.

AngelKing4t7
  • AngelKing4t7

The One Who Knocks

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

... I'm really hoping that the OP intended this post to be a sarcastic, and just did a terrible job at communicating that tone.

Otherwise... I'm scared to ask what other qualms you have with the game. Do you wanna complain about how there's no air traffic control officer talking over the plane's radio giving you taxiing instructions and telling you which runway to use and when you're cleared for takeoff? What about the fact that a single civillian can easily drive AND fire a tank, even though I'm fairly certain most tanks operate with a crew of 3 or 4 highly trained military professionals who spend years training for just ONE of those specialized roles?

TheEnd90
  • TheEnd90

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

A helicopter that's actually alot smaller and lighter can actually keep up with a plane like that. They often use such planes for refueling helicopters when prefforming a rescue out in the sea etcetera.

But of course, the plane dosen't run at full power duing a mid-air refuel.

Put if it's running at low enough power, a helicopter can keep up :)

But I do see your point! The plane should of been faster. It should of been a longer run for it to take off.

It should of been possible to store vehicles in it too. But looks like we gonna have to manage with the Cargobob for now.

But I'd really like to see the huge cargo plane again. The one with the B-52 jet engines..

Hopefully it's possible to fly it, and even transport vehicles in it. Imagine that online..

A huge ammount of players, rigged in the back of the plane, ready to parashute.

That would of been pretty sweet.

JBLACK557
  • JBLACK557

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

I have multiple things to say about this post...

1. GamerPatriot, stop. This is GTA not a Flight SIm. Some of what you said is correct, some is not, but either way some are minute details not worth R*'s time.

2. The plane should be faster, and no, helicopters can not catch up to a 130 when the power is up.

3. Countermeasures and a working ramp and door are also needed, would be so fun!

4. As long as I have a wishlist going...AC-130 plz?!

I've flown on 130's for a decade now, and I was absolutely elated when I went to go steal a fighter and found a row of Hercs out there! Thank you R* for at least putting them in... now can I just keep one in my hangar please?! Lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users