Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

Are they bringing tables back

Twang.
  • Twang.

No greater good, no just cause.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

I'd like to know, too. My crew's roster got completely f*cked when I made the mistake of trying to edit it.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

They've been saying 'We're bringing it back' for 2 weeks but they still haven't. When I asked them last week a mod (Jevon) told me to have some damn patience but now it's 2 weeks and it still isn't back. It isn't even a big problem to fix since the tables are working but only the CSS is missing therefore not showing the border. Don't tell me to have some patience again since it isn't a big problem to fix and it shouldn't take 2 weeks.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • Turkmenistan

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

I know I've already screwed up one of my crews tables and my roster is about a mile long of them and it has been to long I've been hearing there gonna bring them back for the longest time

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

The [table] tag works with new posts, but not when editing old posts.  We're still working to fix this.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • Turkmenistan

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Any idea when it will be fixed

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

Did you know that we are the leading country in... GFX!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

So I have recently come back to the site, and well everything is gravy until I wanted to do something with a table.

However when ever I go to center align it, nothing happens.

Am I doing it wrong is it just a little bug?

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • Turkmenistan

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

I don't know I was having trouble center signing a post earlier so I don't k ow if its just table Sir not

Mr White0161
  • Mr White0161

I am the f*cking shark.

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

For me tables have been completely f*cked since this "update" and everything I've gone and done to try and fix them has only made them worse. Sure would be nice to get some feedback from the staff with some direction or even action put forth to resolve this issue.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Best thing you can currently do, guys, is create them from scratch, that's what I did with my Guess the football team game leaderboard, but the thing is, there aren't tables with borders anymore...

Tank
  • Tank

Gangsta

• None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:30 PM

There is a lot of work involved in getting old tables parsing correctly on the new forums. If we could get it fixed quickly, trust me, we would have.

Anyone who has experience with writing a stateful parser will know how complex they can get - simply converting patterns is easy, but tracking and catering for potentially broken and wrongly nested tags requires a lot of time. We also need to cater for bugs present in many generations of previous forum software (not just the very last version before we upgraded).

We're also working with a huge database with over 10 years of data. It takes hours to do a test run, and we have to test it again every time we fix an issue. There's no shortcut to the finish line when you're working with so much unknown data.

The bottom line is this: We do realise how vital old tables are and we're actively working on getting them restored ASAP.

p.s. AceKingston: Please ignore Jevon; he was just looking out for us as he realises how much work we've done lately. We appreciate your feedback.

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:00 PM

That being said, is it known if that when the tables are fixed, if it will require us to re-make them or is it too soon to tell yet? They seem to not work the greatest with the formatting mode =/

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

There is a lot of work involved in getting old tables parsing correctly on the new forums. If we could get it fixed quickly, trust me, we would have.

Anyone who has experience with writing a stateful parser will know how complex they can get - simply converting patterns is easy, but tracking and catering for potentially broken and wrongly nested tags requires a lot of time. We also need to cater for bugs present in many generations of previous forum software (not just the very last version before we upgraded).

We're also working with a huge database with over 10 years of data. It takes hours to do a test run, and we have to test it again every time we fix an issue. There's no shortcut to the finish line when you're working with so much unknown data.

The bottom line is this: We do realise how vital old tables are and we're actively working on getting them restored ASAP.

p.s. AceKingston: Please ignore Jevon; he was just looking out for us as he realises how much work we've done lately. We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks, wasn't being rude or anything, just a heads up. :)

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • Turkmenistan

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Do we have any idea of when they will be fixed not being impatient or anything

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

There is no exact time, they're working on it as Tank stated man.. learn to read.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • Turkmenistan

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

I'm just very impatient for it had been like 3 weeks and its not done

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:35 AM Edited by GunWrath, 02 October 2013 - 04:35 AM.

There are other pressing matters than just tables bro, they are transitioning from a 10yr old version to the newest.. requires a lot of work.

Tables work still, you just won't have borders or backgrounds currently.. it's better than nothing for now.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

Tables are very important many guides use tables and they are all on a stand-still but like GunWrath said just use the temporary tables for now.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • Turkmenistan

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

Yah I tried editing a post with tables and it would just screw it up unless there is a way to get around this

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

The only current way to get around this is to create the tables again from scratch.

SingingEwe954
  • SingingEwe954

Jack of All Trades

• Members
  • Turkmenistan

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:20 PM

Will it still work in a edited post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users