» «
Photo

Slightly Disappointed With GTA V

31 replies to this topic
AsianCho
  • AsianCho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:49 PM Edited by AsianCho, 22 September 2013 - 11:59 PM.

Again, I will repeat, slightly.

My minuscule distaste for some aspects of this game lie mostly in customization, and some in deceptive advertising; some might call it false advertising, but Rockstar said it like it was -- only just left some things out. In the following paragraph or two, I'm going to calmly and maturely discuss why I dislike some factors of this game, to which I would expect the same in the form of replies. So let's get started, eh?

For starters, let me talk about customization. This goes for character customization and car customization. In the trailer of GTA V, they explicitly stated that you could now customize your cars and buy a lot of new clothes. "Oh my god!" was my initial response. But as I turn my console on and begin to play, I realize that the only bit of visual customization you can do to most cars (excluding about 3, and your own unique vehicle that allow you to add body modifications) is:

-A slight difference in suspension,

-Xenon lights,

-A license plate color change,

-Wheel/rim change,

-A respray,

-Tinted windows.

I don't know if I'm being picky or not, but I suppose part of me really expected body modifications for ALL cars like San Andreas, over the ever so tiny edits above. The only notable thing in Grand Theft Auto V that I wouldn't want gutted would be rim and wheel changes.

Moving on to clothing. I think the clothing options are very wide ranged, and I love that they took in current styles. That being said, I dislike the fact that

a.) Clothing options are restricted between characters.

b.) Clothing of characters sometimes changes between character shifts.

I sort of understand that the clothing options would kind of be a pain to refit to each of the characters bodies, but I think they had plenty of time to fix that up before the release. I say this because of [Exhibit A], [Exhibit B], and [Exhibit C]. A, B, and C all seem to lead to the assumption that the game had been mostly finished in late August. For a big release from an even bigger franchise such as this, did they really have to get lazy there? Not a big deal I guess. Again, just a bit of a let down. Then there's clothing being changed upon completion of various missions, or just shifting characters in general to check up on them. I know some people argue that it's realistic, and that people don't wear the same thing every day... but I just wish there was a way to, at the very least save my outfit, or turn off outfit switching. It just gets annoying sometimes.

The last problem I have with the game, which still lies in the boundaries of character customization is haircuts. Not going to go into it all the way. Simply put, they said there were going to be haircuts and then it turns out that Franklin has the most of them (all of which look slightly retarded sorry, ridiculous) while Mike and Trevor have two or three, if I recall correctly. Come on Rockstar.

All in all, I just wished they either advertised it differently -- and honestly, or just didn't advertise it at all to save me from a big let down... or actually put in a bit more effort in what they said they were going to do. I get that they're a big company, with a busy agenda... but come on. If you say you're going to do something, why not do it the way everyone is expecting you to do it?

I love the game regardless, but these are just some of the things that make me go:

Spoiler

--EDIT

Also a little peeve of mine, the cars I spend thousands on and actually like tend to disappear if I go on missions with them. They are not in the impound lot, nor personal garages. They just disappear probably due to glitches like objects needing to overwrite the location of the parked car after a cinematic. Most of the time, I bet they go to the impound lot, but then another random car that I get into after losing that one takes it's place. This is especially annoying with cars I buy online.

--EDIT 2

Also, I hate for my first post to be a bit of a rant... but I just had to get it out  :panic:

Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

any1 else feel the new way helicopters fly sucks *ss? i miss the absolute control you had in 4. now theres like this auto correct feature that seems built for little kids to play

• SamuelBenjamin likes this

AsianCho
  • AsianCho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:31 AM Edited by AsianCho, 23 September 2013 - 12:32 AM.

any1 else feel the new way helicopters fly sucks *ss? i miss the absolute control you had in 4. now theres like this auto correct feature that seems built for little kids to play

I think that's supposed to simulate turbulence or something. But it's way to hefty. It makes flying a little bit awkward.

I wish the amount of sway reduced as flying skill increased... but even with Trevor, I seem to receive this "turbulence."

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

The turbulence some

I think that's supposed to simulate turbulence or something. But it's way to hefty. It makes flying a little bit awkward.

I wish the amount of sway reduced as flying skill increased... but even with Trevor, I seem to receive this "turbulence."

The turbulence is sometimes way overboard. Even with Trevor. Sometimes I lose complete control of the plane and have to fly lower because it feels like you're flying into a tornado or something. 

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

You do know that turbulence doesn't go away just because fly skills increase right?  It happens in nature and/or because you fly too close behind another plane in which you crash. 

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:23 AM Edited by American, 23 September 2013 - 01:24 AM.

Yeah, the flying is terrible in GTA V. To say the crop duster is unwieldy is an understatement.

TheFreightTrain
  • TheFreightTrain

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

My biggest arguement is it seams half the new features are tied into on line play. Which I know most of the players on this forum won't have a problem with that. But sadly, its not a option where I live cause I apperently live in the time forgot. To get decent net on my computer alone I have to teather my smart phones internet into the puter, and even then thats hit and miss. Just sucks knowing that at least half the game is no good to me.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:02 AM Edited by ijustcameheretobeeotch, 23 September 2013 - 02:03 AM.

the problem with the turbulence is that it seems to only be a problem as you reach your goals. then you spin out of control half the time. another issue is when they tell you to fly low but than you cant drop the package because you're too low to the ground.

huge let down. half of what they promised isn't there and what is there feels like its missing something. then there is the stock market option not being available most of the time or the garage that doesn't save your cars.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:13 AM Edited by bicycles?, 23 September 2013 - 02:15 AM.

I definitely feel scammed and won't be supporting them ever again. If it was just a few mistakes/glitches I wouldn't care, but they've done away with/withheld so much fun stuff i don't beleive it's an accident.

I don't give a crap about story mode in any game, I just wanted freeplay, bikes, and fun driving, and it's honestly been TERRIBLE in those aspects.

There are way too many little basic/fun/intuitive things to say they "just overlooked" some stuff. Dirty business, trying to force people to their online services by making the game worse... It just seems disrespectful and arrogant.

I'd be happy if a few months from now they sent us all beta-tester packages with an actual completed game though...

• Harfynn Teuport likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

My biggest arguement is it seams half the new features are tied into on line play. Which I know most of the players on this forum won't have a problem with that. But sadly, its not a option where I live cause I apperently live in the time forgot. 

Australia? I know you have some serious internet-problems down unda :D

Smokin Shadowz
  • Smokin Shadowz

Sociopath

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:29 AM

2z9acf7.jpg

igamedude
  • igamedude

World's Worst Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

For me I'm suck of vehicles disappearing (we really need a pitch for that), clothes change often which I'm not a fan of since the outfits I like aren't the standard ones for the characters, need ragdoll back, cosmetic car damage is too low, too little blood, haircuts suck, and air turbulence is absurd especially when it comes to helis as it's just unmanageable at this point. No aircraft/heli I've seen or have been in has ever encountered the severe turbulence the game has.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

My biggest arguement is it seams half the new features are tied into on line play. Which I know most of the players on this forum won't have a problem with that. But sadly, its not a option where I live cause I apperently live in the time forgot. 

There is nothing wrong with the internet in Aus, what are you basing your opinion on?

Josh410
  • Josh410

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:56 AM

Exactly. IV helicopter flying was easy, simple, and fun in some ways. V it is like your hitting turbulence every 5 seconds and it is like driving a boat, swaying back and fourth. The only think I like is the nose diving feature that they added.
  • Codra9 likes this

Capten Morgan
  • Capten Morgan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

Hi,

About the cars, its not right what Asian Cho say,i can tweak my cars alot more than that,

engine EMS, turbo,etc etc., and my cars dosen`t disappear they end up in carpound after a day or

so.

But i do agree about the flying,its not so god..

Play`d about 60h now and only at 24% :cool:

playing Trevor now, cant play Michel or Franklin they are laying low after the Jewel cup :cool:

But before the "cup" Franklin made 100k just for helping a guy ho had nothing to do with the MAIN STORY

MISSIONS :colgate: and my Trevor is up at 400k now made it by fly drugs, take out other gangs, realestate, driving home mob members, etc etc.

I dont want to say to much (spoilers) All i can say to you guys is DONT RUCH THE

MAIN STORY LINE..!!! Drive around and and things will happen for you and a hole new world will open

up..!! :cool: :monocle: Seek and you will finde..

And i do like the light-settings in the game,its beutifull and you dont get tired in your eyes even after

10 to 12 hours of game play..! :cool:

And the water and howe the boats react to it it`s just awesom....

Regards Capten Morgan... :r*:

AsianCho
  • AsianCho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:25 AM Edited by AsianCho, 23 September 2013 - 03:27 AM.

Hi,

About the cars, its not right what Asian Cho say,i can tweak my cars alot more than that,

engine EMS, turbo,etc etc., and my cars dosen`t disappear they end up in carpound after a day or

so.

But i do agree about the flying,its not so god..

Play`d about 60h now and only at 24%  :cool:

playing Trevor now, cant play Michel or Franklin they are laying low after the Jewel cup  :cool:

But before the "cup" Franklin made 100k just for helping a guy ho had nothing to do with the MAIN STORY

MISSIONS  :colgate: and my Trevor is up at 400k now made it by fly drugs, take out other gangs, realestate, driving home mob members, etc etc.

I dont want to say to much (spoilers) All i can say to you guys is DONT RUCH THE

MAIN STORY LINE..!!! Drive around and and things will happen for you and a hole new world will open

up..!!  :cool:  :monocle: Seek and you will finde..

And i do like the light-settings in the game,its beutifull and you dont get tired in your eyes even after

10 to 12 hours of game play..!  :cool:

And the water and howe the boats react to it it`s just awesom....

Regards Capten Morgan...  :r*:

That had nothing to do with what I was talking about, and I even underlined the word "visual"

Capten Morgan
  • Capten Morgan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

Mr Asian,

Did not mean all that you wrote,just the bit about the cars,

no hard feelings and sorry for my bad english..

Regards

Reaper Madness
  • Reaper Madness

Snitch

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:44 AM Edited by Reaper Madness, 23 September 2013 - 03:46 AM.

The only thing I'm disappointed in are the heists.

Jewel Store - 'Yes, what a great heist. If this is the first one then I can't wait for the other 5'

Second heist - 'Wait, you mean we did that for nothing? Well, at least there's 4 more!'

Third heist - 'So let me get this straight. The FIB is going to take all our money while we get nothing. And even Trevor is ok with that? WTF.'

Fourth heist - 'At least we got some money but yet again the FIB are involved and they take most of our payout.'

I could hear Rockstar taunting the fans. 'So you thought you had too much money in GTA IV without nothing to spend onhuh? Well, here's a game with millions of dollars worth of things to spend on but you gotta tow a sh*tload of cars to get it' lol Or something like that.

I'm half way in the game, however I don't feel like I'm a boss of my own crew. I feel like I'm a flunky crew for the FIB. 

O wrong topic, well it's still kind of relevant.

AsianCho
  • AsianCho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

Jewel Store - 'Yes, what a great heist. If this is the first one then I can't wait for the other 5'

Second heist - 'Wait, you mean we did that for nothing? Well, at least there's 4 more!'

Third heist - 'So let me get this straight. The FIB is going to take all our money while we get nothing. And even Trevor is ok with that? WTF.'

Fourth heist - 'At least we got some money but yet again the FIB are involved and they take most of our payout.'

I could hear Rockstar taunting the fans. 'So you thought you had too much money in GTA IV without nothing to spend onhuh? Well, here's a game with millions of dollars worth of things to spend on but you gotta tow a sh*tload of cars to get it' lol Or something like that.

I'm half way in the game, however I don't feel like I'm a boss of my own crew. I feel like I'm a flunky crew for the FIB. 

Actually, I wanted to write about that too... but the thread would have been too long (if it isn't already). I really expected heists to be plannable outside of the storyline. But nope.

MercyfulFate151
  • MercyfulFate151

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

Actually, I wanted to write about that too... but the thread would have been too long (if it isn't already). I really expected heists to be plannable outside of the storyline. But nope.

That's possible in GTA: O right?

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

Joined 4 hours ago. OP, if you're really that intelligent, then you should realize that nobody cares about your opinion of the game.

Most of GTAForums' members are gullible c*nts, BTW.

lanier03
  • lanier03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:24 AM Edited by lanier03, 23 September 2013 - 04:26 AM.

I love how I have to change clothes again almost everytime I switch characters. Trevor never saves shoes, no matter what kind you buy. & why have they not made it to where you can choose any car you own as your default car? Make you have to take a $ penalty or something, i'd do it. Trevor's truck is crap even fully modded. Just makes the game a little less satisfying crashing into stuff all the time with that beater hick a@@ truck. ( I'm a redneck, so I reserve the right to say hick) :miranda:

AsianCho
  • AsianCho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:08 PM Edited by AsianCho, 23 September 2013 - 10:09 PM.

That's possible in GTA: O right?

No idea man. I hope so, else they'd really be pushing some true false advertising. But at the same time, servers will only allow 16 players at time. That is a fact I have read up on.

Snoochie_Boochies
  • Snoochie_Boochies

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

the harcuts did disappoint me.  Only a couple options per character, seriously?

Kultas
  • Kultas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

haircuts deeply disappointed me, and clothes also... i was expecting more customization like in San Andreas... but nope.

meh, overall is a great game but it has some serious flaws imho.

Harce
  • Harce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

Yup I agree with this post. I'm really disappointed with this game too. This is one of the reasons why. A lot of small sh*t but all their crap adds up.But it comes down to this conclusion, either they got lazy or they held back on releasing all that extra content so they can screw us with some dlc. And I will most likely end buying their sh*t!

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:53 PM

There is nothing wrong with the internet in Aus, what are you basing your opinion on?

Adelaide.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

Ain't nothin' over til it's over.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:03 PM Edited by Ziggy455, 23 September 2013 - 11:04 PM.

All you whiners are f*cking perfectionists. Instead of moving on with your lives, and accepting that the game's pushed to the limits of the xbox 360. You all feel the need to rant online like your moody, whiny posts are going to make Rockstar feel sorry for you. They might even wipe away your baby tears with your mommy and daddy's money if you really try to get the point across that you're unhappy with the final product, maybe.  

AsianCho
  • AsianCho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

All you whiners are f*cking perfectionists. Instead of moving on with your lives, and accepting that the game's pushed to the limits of the xbox 360. You all feel the need to rant online like your moody, whiny posts are going to make Rockstar feel sorry for you. They might even wipe away your baby tears with your mommy and daddy's money if you really try to get the point across that you're unhappy with the final product, maybe.  

Mate, I think you need to chill out. Most of us who are "whining" are still big fans of the game -- we're just voicing our distaste with some let downs.

Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:48 PM

Exactly. IV helicopter flying was easy, simple, and fun in some ways. V it is like your hitting turbulence every 5 seconds and it is like driving a boat, swaying back and fourth. The only think I like is the nose diving feature that they added.

thanks for replying to the helicopter flight, the plane flight is what it is. i was just talking about the helo flight.

Chopper Vs Chopper would be hard as hell.

also anyone know if the Lazer jet has flairs or what?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users