What is 'passive mode'?

9 replies to this topic
ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

If heard it mentioned a few times. Does it mean you can't be killed or what?

If it's the latter, then it will come in handy once some idiot buys a friggin' tank.

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

It means you can't be attacked. It also means you can't attack or anything like that.

Thedunkaway
  • Thedunkaway

The One Man Band

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

even cilivians?

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

It means you can't be attacked. It also means you can't attack or anything like that.

Dosn't mean you can't attack anything, but the passive comes off as soon as you start shooting.

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

It's a great idea on their part might I add.

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

I imagine it will be like playing GTA IV free with Friendly Fire disable, bullets etc. have no effect and only way to die is falling.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

Incidentally, whether this is something that exists in all of GTA:Online and turns off whenever you shoot...

Or whether Passive Mode is an entirely separate mode as it was in RDR

All of that remains to be seen, anything in that regard is purely conjecture.

ioN
  • ioN

derp

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:19 AM

Incidentally, whether this is something that exists in all of GTA:Online and turns off whenever you shoot...

Or whether Passive Mode is an entirely separate mode as it was in RDR

All of that remains to be seen, anything in that regard is purely conjecture.

It's already been confirmed it's not it's own mode. It's a toggle thing, similar to RDR's teleport feature. Get RDM'd enough and you'll be able to enter it. In it you are 100% immune to damage from other players. The moment you even think to attack though, it's disabled and you are back in the game. So there is actually no point in it except to get away from retards.

And it doesn't really matter as you can make private games that only friends can join.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:25 AM

I imagine it will be like playing GTA IV free with Friendly Fire disable, bullets etc. have no effect and only way to die is falling.

Or by getting flung against buildings by RPG explosions or getting caught in a fire.  People still found inventive ways of killing others in free mode with Friendly Fire off, and I assume that people will still find ways to exploit the system in GTA Online.  There are always people playing outside the boundaries.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

Or by getting flung against buildings by RPG explosions or getting caught in a fire.  People still found inventive ways of killing others in free mode with Friendly Fire off, and I assume that people will still find ways to exploit the system in GTA Online.  There are always people playing outside the boundaries.

Isn't everything you just say what make gtao so much fun

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users