This is the worst GTA game yet

176 replies to this topic
apeman2001
  • apeman2001

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Seriously, this is even worse than IV.

• The physics engine is worse, I thought it was perfectly realistic in IV.
  • If you stay in an area for too long standing still it goes empty and noone comes through. I'm currently standing in downtown and there's one car driving past every 30 seconds.
  • Can't buy from food stores, hot dog stands etc.
  • Weapon customization isn't as extensive as i'd thought. I was hoping for multiple silencers etc. (the better the silencer, the less damage reduction).
  • I seem to be seeing the same 5-10 cars in each big part of the map.
  • Lack of enterable buildings.
  • Can't wheelie any motorcyles or push bikes.
  • Shooting while driving is a nightmare. It is damn near impossible to hit something with a single shot even if they are stationary. You have to just unload your weapon and hone in on the target. Sucks
  • The police are OP, and you die from like one shot.

From the previews, the game seemed simply amazing and full of features. Now it looks like Rockstar made an empty shell of a game with DLC that they will sell for the features that we should've had at launch.

I totally agree with your points but I don't think it is the worst game.

I really disagree with people calling it a 'masterpiece' though and It certainly isn't a 10/10 game. 

I studied the art of Video Game design at uni and notice a lot of imperfections in textures, aliasing, pop-in etc, things that should definitely affected the overall score, seems that just because it bears the GTA brand people are quick to jump on the Rockstar are gods wagon. A lot of posters are slamming people for preferring GTA IV's features and gameplay over the new entry and claiming that IV sucks really bad and that GTA V is the greatest thing ever but they were probably the ones who gave GTA IV 10/10 after release.

Like I said, I do really like the game but the OP makes some good points, There are also features that were present in the game-play trailers that haven't made the cut. For this I would of marked GTA V down a few points. 

You do realize this is an extremely detailed and massive world running on hardware that is 7-8 years old, right? Hopefully they will come out with PS4, PC, and Xbox One versions that smooth over these minor technical imperfections, but for me, they are not enough to detract from the fun and beauty of the game.

Hitchens
  • Hitchens

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

If they add cash shops online... it could be, not counting all the dialogue, visual clarity, and missions... cash shops ruin it all for me...

miker00lz
  • miker00lz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

• If you stay in an area for too long standing still it goes empty and noone comes through. I'm currently standing in downtown and there's one car driving past every 30 seconds.
  • Weapon customization isn't as extensive as i'd thought. I was hoping for multiple silencers etc. (the better the silencer, the less damage reduction).
  • Shooting while driving is a nightmare. It is damn near impossible to hit something with a single shot even if they are stationary. You have to just unload your weapon and hone in on the target. Sucks

From the previews, the game seemed simply amazing and full of features. Now it looks like Rockstar made an empty shell of a game with DLC that they will sell for the features that we should've had at launch.

IV is still my favorite, but V is very close... just not quite. Police being OP in V is one big reason. It sucks a lot of the fun out of just going on a rampage, which should ALWAYS be fun in GTA. It just feels like they're trying to discourage it to me. Man, just a few shots from the cops and you're dead now. You can take way more hits from the military gunners than the cops, wtf? The other big reason is going to be about as subjective as it gets, but even though I haven't finished the V story (3 missions left), I can already tell the story has a whole lot less replay value for me than IV's. I'm having a good enough time, but I can't see myself caring about going through it all again, where I've beaten GTA IV a good 4 or 5 times now and it hasn't gotten old yet.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

I wouldn't say it's the worst GTA ever made, that's crazy. But I can't say it's the best, every GTA has it owns pros and cons, and this GTA with GTA:SA and GTA IV pros would be much more better, and certainly the best. But now, as it is, it's not the best, but I don't say that there is a GTA which is the best.

The best GTA for me would be all the pros from GTA:SA, GTA IV and GTA V together in one game. That would be the best. But they didn't do that yet, so for me there is no a thing like "the definitive GTA to date".

Maybe GTA VI change that, now that it won't be so f*cked up by the hardware side of 8 year old consoles. And if they do it as PC as main platform (and ported to PS4 / XBOX ONE), much better, since the new generation uses the same architecture and PC don't have hardware limits.

I don't agree with this one. Given the rate Cockstar is following in producing a GTA in donkey years, by the time GTA VI is released, PS4 and XB1 would become obsolete and PS5/XB 2 will be around the corner, and like GTA V, we will be stuck playing an obsolete game on obsolete hardware which will give us a lot of problems. I wish by then Cockstar will some competition then so they will pull up their socks and starting producing a GTA we most wanted, not just a rehash like GTA V.

So by reading this you don't even consider Watch Dogs to be competition to GTA V?

I think calling you an idiot would be too polite to be honest. You haven't made a single positive post since you came back in here. It's exactly where you left off 4 months ago. "Waaaaa GTA V sucks waaaaa".

I'll be blunt. I wish I could ban people for being ignorant assholes. You'd be the first to go,

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:31 AM

He just said 4 had realistic physics troll thread confirmed

Compared to Five, IV's are pretty realistic, but with some exceptions as it's a game.

doutee8
  • doutee8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

On the road in los santos the same cars spawn like 6-10 times FACT

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

That is to say, Cunnilingus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:43 AM Edited by WhiteAmericanLawman, 25 September 2013 - 08:44 AM.

I disagree, =) this is the best game ever!!

Here's my on opinion between gta games:

1. When GTA 3 released, i was bit amazing that was cool game.

Now, i borred that game so much!!

2. When GTA VC released, i said i hope this is not like GTA 3, well it was good game but the bad thing is that (player was dying in water).And i said that the game is so OLD and passed.

3. When GTA SA released, i was happy cuz that game rocks.4. But when i saw GTA IV released, i said f*ck GTA SA it's too old and passed!

5. GTA V released, i realized i had good times with GTA 3/GTA VC/GTA SA/GTA IV is too old and passed, cuz GTA V rocks now and billion players are playing now that game and they are happy!!That's my opinion!!

Do you, by any chance, have a learning deficiency?

Drake Malice
  • Drake Malice

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:11 AM

I don't think it is the worst...sure isn't the best but not worst. But especially the physics thing, GTA IV was near-unplayable because of the overly realistic physics, this game cleans it up a bit

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

I can't replicate this alleged problem of there being no traffic in downtown areas when loitering. Downtown is packed with cars for as long as I stand around there. I've been standing around various areas for over 5 minutes at a time.

Happened first time to me yesterday. However, leave the area, come back minutes later & it's repopulated. 

Some areas are inherently deserted at certain times if the day. I found the Playboy mansion yesterday at night, investigated the area & by morning, the npc numbers were considerably less. I don't know if the specific days affects npc numbers, as well as time if day.

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

== Angels of Death - Founder

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:19 AM

"This is the worst GTA game yet" lol, you sir have never played Liberty City Stories :p

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:23 AM

PC fanboys ate trying to make this game look bad because they don't want to accept that it's better than anything on the PC.

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:33 AM Edited by bicycles?, 25 September 2013 - 11:42 AM.

I'm console-only, offline, and think it f*cking sucks. Not all of it obviously, but sooo many of the basics - things other games, even other rockstar games, got right a decade ago or longer. Sooo many ps1 games had better driving physics, and plenty of ps2 games had better visible damage models, etc...

The "there'll be an online patch for all of it"   excuse   is unacceptable. At this point in history they're not just making money from microtransactions either, you're insane if you think something isn't being done with all the crazy data being collected. They already got enough money from me, I'm not about to add to their social network coffers/status too.

They force realism where it's not fun, and remove it from where it would be. The sheer amount of things they "overlooked" makes me think it's on purpose in order to force people online. Shady, disrespectful business.

This is just my list, and it's far from complete. We're starting to see more and more like it.

- No gore

- No crumbling brick walls

- little bushes everywhere that stop you dead in your tracks/wreck your cars

- No crouching - cover is only allowed on predesignated objects - no help from geography or objects you aren't standing against.

- No roll button, can't roll without a weapon equiped

- No "retry" or "cancel" option until you die or fail a mission.

- terrible car/plane/bike handling

- No control over what kind of punches or kicks you throw

- 3 crashes on a bicycle and you're dead.

- No camping like in RDR.

- No RDR-style hunting/trade. Takes any sense of purpose out of the hunting.

-  the text for button prompts and in parts of the pause menus is too small to read - on the biggest tv I've ever owned even.

- Forces a boring-ass stock market "experience" on you

- Forces the cell phone on you, but the camera won't even save pictures if you're not playing online. Horsesh*t.

- the prostitute 'experience' is offensively bad. They don't just hop in your car and get to it, it's a whole cutscene presentation that you can't cancel out of and it's just bad.

- They force realism on you in every aspect, but the cars twist/slide on an axis that's floating above the pavement.

- You die or get badly injured by slipping/stumbling on a slope, but flip your convertible with it's top down and you can roll around on the back of the car/your head like a turtle, and there's no visible damage.

- The cars handle more like bikes in the air than bicycles do.

- The explosions are all the same, an ugly effervescent black/yellow, and they transfer from car to car like a ghost. Not real looking at all. Compare them to the ones in Just Cause 2

- Compare EVERYTHING about this game to Just Cause 2, which came out 5 years ago... It's amazing how much worse gta is in many basic aspects.

- people catch fire like magic

- can't get out of a flying/tumbling car until it comes to a complete stop, and when you do, it's incredibly slow.

- Can't bail out of a vehicle, even at low speeds, without injury

- Near-invisible reticle

- Super-sensitive wanted meter, but you can't even aim a gun out a window without it firing automatically nonstop.

- No binoculars/telescope and the camera doesn't work offline

- Constantly pushing the ifruit crap and other online services even though there's no internet connection.

Way too many little things for it to be an accident. It's shady business and I won't support them after this.

Look at all the recent NSA/prism stuff... If you think rockstar isn't making money on more than just microtransactions, you're an idiot.  Play the friend request/life invader mission a couple of times and look at the data farming stuff they're rubbing in our faces.

I was under the impression rockstar would be combining good elements from all their games, not just prettying it up and then stifling/throttling the control you have over everything...

RAZD
  • RAZD

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

think u were confusing between best n worst 

lol 

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:36 AM

You are an idiot, You probably don't know what GTA is. 

Punk Noodles
  • Punk Noodles

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

I don't understand how anyone could not like this game.. I just do not get it. 

Me neither. Every time I play it, I keep going "how the f*ck can you not love this?" 

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

V is the BEST GTA so far... by FAR.

TripleRob
  • TripleRob

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Best gta so far

Great story
Huge detailed map
Wilderness with animals
Sharks
Topless strippers
Cows (realistic steak bro)
Customization
Ammunition
Sick graphics
Strangers and freaks
Sky diving
Golf
Tennis
Hunting
Fighter jets
Lots of things to see and do

Yea this game "sucks"

TripleRob
  • TripleRob

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

Best gta so far

Great story
Huge detailed map
Wilderness with animals
Sharks
Topless strippers
Cows (realistic steak bro)
Customization
Ammunition
Sick graphics
Strangers and freaks
Sky diving
Golf
Tennis
Hunting
Fighter jets
Lots of things to see and do

Yea this game "sucks"............

GTA5FAN055
  • GTA5FAN055

XBOX GT GTA5FAN055

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:01 PM

OP kill yourself now and do us all a favor you wouldnt know a great video game if it was sitting on your face 

GTA Banjo
  • GTA Banjo

Blowing Virtual Characters Since 2013

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Some people on here shoud freakin' just blow up their computers and GTFO, and while they're at it sell their copy of the game so some real FANS of the series can buy it. Seriousy,worst GTA? It's the best Grand Theft Auto game so far folks, go play it before you talk you ignorent f*cks.

(Sorry but some people on here are just,urghh)

TheDust
  • TheDust

Peon

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Maybe you shouldn't have overhyped the game into oblivion, nobody's fault the game "sucks" but you're own.

Drifty1337
  • Drifty1337

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

Most of those complainers are either to young or to old because they barely have any imagnation, instead of looking at all the bad sides of the game why not point out the positive things?

Theres so many small details to this game that makes it better, i mean you can now glide all over your car hood.

and lets not forget, your consoles are barely able to handle the game as it is now already. Wonder what happens if there would be more peds / cars added then ya'll be crying for frame rates again.

You to young / old people are Always looking for the bigger picture.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

- It was more realistic in IV, V is a bit more arcady, but hell a lot more fun. 
    -  Sometimes, yes.
    - and why would you want to?
    - It was quite obvious before the game got out that the weapon customization was going to be "small". 
    -  On some areas of the game this is true, but then again why would a expensive car owner want to drive close to like groove street or in sandy shores?
    - There will be more probably, wait for GTA O, but not a lot more.
    - You can, but it's harder in V than in IV, and it does not last long. 
    - Has been like this in all GTA's, driving and shooting at the same time is supposed to be hard. 
    - Not really.

msmurdermonroe
  • msmurdermonroe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

LOLWOT? It's your opinion but I think that it's a little much to say that this is the worst game made I understand you can't purchase hot dogs and  order food but their are vending machines and convenience stores to take care of yourself. You also see the same 10-15 cars in real life too. Impalas, Toyota Camrys, Expeditions. I feel this game provides enough of a variety. Lack on enter-able buildings? I've entered PLENTY through open windows. You can wheelie as well, not as easy but it's achieved post-burnout. Shooting while driving is drifficult but I appreciate the challenge of not being spoon-fed with auto-aim everything. And the cops are tougher but perhaps you should buy some armor? I've survived a few cop shootouts without armor

jjwolfe69
  • jjwolfe69

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:40 PM Edited by jjwolfe69, 25 September 2013 - 03:43 PM.

And diving......give me a break...it is totally uncontrollable..I am looking for sub pieces and I can see one but after trying for an hour to get it I just gave up....also got stuck under something and couldn't get out...had to quit and reload a game.....I do like the story and the graphics....but the controls for driving and such are way way to touchy...I can fly an airplane, but the helicopters are 100 times harder and more touchy. I have finished the main missions and now it's just sandbox time....overall.......turd wrapped in plastic.....

• Vic 2.0 likes this

Carnotaurus
  • Carnotaurus

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

Worst game?  No

Unfinished game?  Yes

Ragnarok635
  • Ragnarok635

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

GTA Online is coming out at the end of the month, I will see if my opinion has changed after then.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users