This is the worst GTA game yet

176 replies to this topic
Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

When you stand in place, the game might do that so it can shut down the disc? This would help prolong the life of your console.

Don't know if this is true or not. Just talking out my ass like I always do.

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

• Can't buy from food stores, hot dog stands etc.
  • I seem to be seeing the same 5-10 cars in each big part of the map.
  • Lack of enterable buildings.
  • Shooting while driving is a nightmare. It is damn near impossible to hit something with a single shot even if they are stationary. You have to just unload your weapon and hone in on the target. Sucks
  • The police are OP, and you die from like one shot.

I can agree on this. I'm also disappointed with the following, but I disagree on the "the worst GTA yet" part.

Hendrix89
  • Hendrix89

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

Seriously, this is even worse than IV.

• The physics engine is worse, I thought it was perfectly realistic in IV.
  • If you stay in an area for too long standing still it goes empty and noone comes through. I'm currently standing in downtown and there's one car driving past every 30 seconds.
  • Weapon customization isn't as extensive as i'd thought. I was hoping for multiple silencers etc. (the better the silencer, the less damage reduction).
  • Can't wheelie any motorcyles or push bikes.
  • Shooting while driving is a nightmare. It is damn near impossible to hit something with a single shot even if they are stationary. You have to just unload your weapon and hone in on the target. Sucks

From the previews, the game seemed simply amazing and full of features. Now it looks like Rockstar made an empty shell of a game with DLC that they will sell for the features that we should've had at launch.

I agree with points 3,6,8. The police for me they vary and lack of road traffic depends where about you are.

Sounds like a bitter pc gamer.

And you come up with that how?

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

• If you stay in an area for too long standing still it goes empty and noone comes through. I'm currently standing in downtown and there's one car driving past every 30 seconds.

Its a game, not real life. If you want to watch cars drive by you then go outside and do it.

barterlos
  • barterlos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

OP have some good points about the game, for me GTA V is good for one playthrough only and u can some mission repeat to complete all two options,  then its boring and empty, GTA V Single Player End Game is poor, i dont understand why they keep the best things about GTA gameplay for f*cking GTA Online.... maybe its fault of the dlc era where we living now....

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

I just beat the game and am very happy with the 60 bucks I spent. Now we've got gta online coming out. I'll be more than happy to buy more dlc in the future.

Cinoy
  • Cinoy

✈✈✈✈✈✈

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:09 AM

you just suck at playing.

Though I do agree with the same cars spawning too much and the bikes do suck... but the pros far outweigh the cons and its still the best GTA game to date imo, and the best game ive ever played in my life by far......I mean i played fps like bf3/cod all the time and hundreds of hours, they are good but it was only good because of multiplayer. When GTA Online comes out this game will get even better.

NYdreamz
  • NYdreamz

Born Sinner

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

sorry but this sh*ts on gta 4...

gta 4 shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence.... seriously ...

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:12 AM Edited by ZeeKid2k10, 23 September 2013 - 12:12 AM.

I did see LSPD driving around in traffic.....

GTA5 has more peds and traffic that GTA4

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:16 AM

• Weapon customization isn't as extensive as i'd thought. I was hoping for multiple silencers etc. (the better the silencer, the less damage reduction).

From the previews, the game seemed simply amazing and full of features. Now it looks like Rockstar made an empty shell of a game with DLC that they will sell for the features that we should've had at launch.

I totally agree with your points but I don't think it is the worst game.

I really disagree with people calling it a 'masterpiece' though and It certainly isn't a 10/10 game. 

I studied the art of Video Game design at uni and notice a lot of imperfections in textures, aliasing, pop-in etc, things that should definitely affected the overall score, seems that just because it bears the GTA brand people are quick to jump on the Rockstar are gods wagon. A lot of posters are slamming people for preferring GTA IV's features and gameplay over the new entry and claiming that IV sucks really bad and that GTA V is the greatest thing ever but they were probably the ones who gave GTA IV 10/10 after release.

Like I said, I do really like the game but the OP makes some good points, There are also features that were present in the game-play trailers that haven't made the cut. For this I would of marked GTA V down a few points. 

Thebull94
  • Thebull94

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:17 AM

Dude its f*cking stupid OP trolls like this that give us people with legitimate complaints about this game a bad rep. It makes everyone that complains about the game seem like a troll. f*ck you OP. f*ck you

IDredMan
  • IDredMan

Dred

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

This might be the biggest sack of sh*t I have ever read.

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

Dude its f*cking stupid OP trolls like this that give us people with legitimate complaints about this game a bad rep. It makes everyone that complains about the game seem like a troll. f*ck you OP. f*ck you

I agree, I have my own complaints about the game and like I said, the OP did mirror a few of those but starting topics called 'This is by far the worst etc. etc.' kind of gives off the wrong vibe and hard for people to take seriously. 

Still, I've seen other people sharing genuine complaints about the game being called trolls as well, its ridiculous, it's not like we are going around calling people who love the game trolls and fanboys is it?

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

Can you really not wheelie in this game? I'm pretty sure you can, can't remember doing it, but I did see some of my friends doing it when I was at their house last night.

gta513
  • gta513

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:43 AM

......no. best gta ever

iDaNfL
  • iDaNfL

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

I disagree.

In my opinion, this is the best GTA ever made.

mdgrncw
  • mdgrncw

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

I can picture you people playing the game for five minutes and finding every thing that's different / the same and then come on here to complain about how every thing is different / the same. lol its annoying to read the same stupid sh*t over and over. We know, the wanted system is different you don't like it. We know, you can't enter a burger shot anymore. We get it. You should go on craigslist and sell your game since its so bad and you're soooooo above this game and it doesn't meet your perfect standards.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

ps3 has no games

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

V in total has a terrible feeling to it. I still prefer IV in every way, though I LOVE V's character switching.

I can't wait for GTA IV to be converted to V. Replaying IV in V with all three characters is gonna kick ass.

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

I can picture you people playing the game for five minutes and finding every thing that's different / the same and then come on here to complain about how every thing is different / the same. lol its annoying to read the same stupid sh*t over and over. We know, the wanted system is different you don't like it. We know, you can't enter a burger shot anymore. We get it. You should go on craigslist and sell your game since its so bad and you're soooooo above this game and it doesn't meet your perfect standards.

Perfect standards? Seeing flaws in a game obviously shows that people aren't afraid to show what they dislike about the game, I could easily say 'all the people who love the game and claim it is perfect should take their discs and make sweet love to them instead of coming on here spouting there love for it blah blah.'

For what it's worth, I've completed the game and I can confidently say I prefer IV, that doesn't make me a bad guy, it means I am not up Rockstar's arse over everything, all those saying the game is 'perfect' obviously don't know what perfect means, if it was indeed 'perfect' then there would be nothing more to add, no point in the next game, we wouldn't need GTA: Online or any further GTA games, if it was perfect then there would be nothing else to say about it and then perfect in fact would actually become a bad thing.

We are allowed to dislike certain elements of the game, or even dislike the whole game just as much as people are allowed to love it and think it is a 'masterpiece', it doesn't make us wrong, it makes us realistic about it's flaws, you can;t say the awful aliasing and pop-in textures are a good thing in the slightest, I have drove along and whole buildings have popped up out of nowhere, what's perfect about that?

Jesus Piece
  • Jesus Piece

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:43 AM

Not even close. Best game in the series.

odiedodi2
  • odiedodi2

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:46 AM

>the better the silencer the less damage reduction

That's not even how silencers work. Your complaining about something when you have no idea about the actual science about it. Do some research on terminal ballistics. :|

Psychotic Mind
  • Psychotic Mind

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:54 AM

Everyone has their opinion. In my opinion, the game is better than I first thought it would be. Pictures and screen shots doesn't do the game any justice, thats for damn sure.

Do I think/ like it better than iv? For sure. The only beef I still have and will always have is the time its taken... 5 years. I guess waiting is what pissed me off the most out of anything. But I suppose it was worth it. Best gta in my opinion.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

The shoot-n-drive thing is the only point I will concede to you. To be fair, I think it's the only think that didn't improve from IV, due to that lousy targeting reticule.

Everything else you're basing this on being the "worst game ever" is either completely irrelevant or simply exaggeration - the "cops kill you in like one shot" for example. 

AlasClarin
  • AlasClarin

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:57 AM Edited by AlasClarin, 23 September 2013 - 02:00 AM.

I wouldn't say it's the worst GTA ever made, that's crazy. But I can't say it's the best, every GTA has it owns pros and cons, and this GTA with GTA:SA and GTA IV pros would be much more better, and certainly the best. But now, as it is, it's not the best, but I don't say that there is a GTA which is the best.

The best GTA for me would be all the pros from GTA:SA, GTA IV and GTA V together in one game. That would be the best. But they didn't do that yet, so for me there is no a thing like "the definitive GTA to date".

Maybe GTA VI change that, now that it won't be so f*cked up by the hardware side of 8 year old consoles. And if they do it as PC as main platform (and ported to PS4 / XBOX ONE), much better, since the new generation uses the same architecture and PC don't have hardware limits.

TenEightyOne
  • TenEightyOne

We're bouncing now?

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:59 AM

The police are much more realistic, they're a great addition.

You can't wheelie motorbikes? Srs? Pull back on the stick like everyone else does. The rotation's automated now so it's easier than VC/SA/IV.

You thought the physics were perfect in IV? 25' roll at 5m/s? Hahaha :)

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

Rockstar ruin GTA V Single Player. 256 Million dollars and we got a better looking IV with a few more things. I already got 80% of the game done with only about 40 hours played which 12 hours was me f*cking around. 

Sad Rockstar focus on the Online which will die when GTA VI comes out. 

Waiting for a responds from a Rockstar fanboy that thinks there's nothing wrong with the game.

Also whats so good about the underwater life. Still boring and lifeless. 

mdgrncw
  • mdgrncw

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:05 AM

Never said the game is perfect. I've noticed glitches while playing and pop ins. I'm talking about people who complain just to complain. Who really gives a sh*t that you have the character stand for a half hour in one spot and all you saw was one car. Wow, what game breaking observations. People are just looking for issues and its annoying. If you don't like the game because you're too stupid to figure out how to get rid of the cops then don't play it. Talk about real glitches like cars you purchase not showing up in your garage, not this half ass complaining just to complain bs.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

"Jesus Christ Lamar, you gotta stop talkin'!"

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

Also whats so good about the underwater life. Still boring and lifeless. 

That was my opinion of Liberty City. 

Also; GTA5 isn't perfect. No-one in this thread is saying it's flawless. But it's still better than what came before it.

Xbox1988
  • Xbox1988

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

- no interiors 

- no heists that are interesting 

-did a 12 year old on adderall write the script? wtf.

-cops ruin any fun immediately 

-aiming is impossible (esp in cars while driving)

-protagonists are so f*cking lame

-story is so boring 

-driving is f*cking stupid 

-map is all sticks/woods, barely any city, and its all hills and impossible to drive and have fun except on highways 

-garbage graphics 

-impossible to get gold on missions. what a f*cking job it is. 

Dylricho
  • Dylricho

Trippy Boss

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:07 AM Edited by Dylricho, 23 September 2013 - 02:09 AM.

So, how many shots could you take to the head or chest?

-garbage graphics

At worst, they're on par with GTA IV graphics, so now you're saying IV sucks as well. Good logic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users