2 instances of cop AI at work while trying to keep it real

23 replies to this topic
Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

So I try to keep the hiding realistic and this is what I got. To my surprise, this was quite good.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=FVJTXbRR9PE

• yonatan755 and IMr_SmithI like this

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

First example was ideal to show how stupid it is. You were in a random alley and they came straight to you

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

First example was ideal to show how stupid it is. You were in a random alley and they came straight to you

I was debating weather I would've kind of been in sight but in general, cops in real life wouldn't know I was in there, especially the way I got in there.

misfits01328
  • misfits01328

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

How the hell do you have 180 million with Franklin?

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

I have 18 million and just play the game you'll know how I got it.

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:51 PM Edited by Udrift, 22 September 2013 - 09:52 PM.

That was a cool video.

I think the first time when they found you or got close to you, it might have been because you were still close. Maybe like they got reports that the suspect ran a certain direction. At least that's how I'm gonna go over it in my mind. But they did make a beeline towards you.

That was cool seeing them miss you the other two times.

I'm sure the AI could use work, and undoubtedly GTA VI is going to be more advanced, but it's still a pretty nice jump from IV.

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

That was a cool video.

I think the first time when they found you or got close to you, it might have been because you were still close. Maybe like they got reports that the suspect ran a certain direction. At least that's how I'm gonna go over it in my mind. But they did make a beeline towards you.

That was cool seeing them miss you the other two times.

I'm sure the AI could use work, and undoubtedly GTA VI is going to be more advanced, but it's still a pretty nice jump from IV.

I agree. Citizens mus play a big role in this AI because they report what they see and take videos and even call 911 on you. It's a very good hypothesis.

misfits01328
  • misfits01328

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

Oh, sorry about that I jumped the gun and thought it was 180m lol.

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

I know the feel lol.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

$CASH OVERFLOW$

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:30 PM

gta 5 cops are more agressive and much better than gta 4...

sometimes i do something and cops simply know it was me, sometimes makes sense, others dont.

for example the other day i put a sticky bomb on a car, it drove off and when it was on a safe distance i blew it, the cops came directly to me, that doesnt make sense.

in other instance, i was jacking a car from a parking, a person was walking by, saw me, started walking in other direction while reaching for her cell phone, i ran and when i got close to the person, she was calling the cops, giving a brief description of the car(red sport car) and a brief description of my character(black male with green shirt).

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

I was in a shootout with Trevor last night  and in the middle of the chaos one of the cops picked up another cop who was injured on the ground and tried to drag him to cover behind a squad car. That was awesome. I finished the injured cop before he could get to safety, of course.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

You can easily get a few hundred million if you play the Lester missions the right way after you complete the game.

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

Any one want to suggest a video for me to make testing a feature or a certain AI?

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

To test their AI, try to see if switching jet skis or motorcycles has the same effect as switching cars. 

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

To test their AI, try to see if switching jet skis or motorcycles has the same effect as switching cars. 

As in get wanted with a motorcycle/jetski, switch to a different color motorcycle/jetski, and just free roam from there to see if they notice me?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

The more I play, the more I discover how complex the police AI is. I was in a car which they described on the police radio. I broke into another one, drove slowly past the cops & they didn't notice me. More often than not, I've managed to hide from the cops & as long as you are under cover, helicopters won't spot you. 

I honestly don't understand why people are disappointed in it, as it's the best of any open world sandbox crime game. 

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

Yeah, do like that guy above. When you switch vehicles, there is a much less chance that they will spot you. Something changes on your mini map to let you know.

I was just wondering if it worked on motorcycles or jetskis, it probably doesn't. Hopefully it doesn't.

I've only played the game for 5 hours, my copy should come in the mail in a few days. Anything else you can find out about the AI doing crazy, stupid or cool things I would be interested in though.

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:39 PM Edited by Luiisjoseda, 22 September 2013 - 11:47 PM.

Yeah, do like that guy above. When you switch vehicles, there is a much less chance that they will spot you. Something changes on your mini map to let you know.

I was just wondering if it worked on motorcycles or jetskis, it probably doesn't. Hopefully it doesn't.

I've only played the game for 5 hours, my copy should come in the mail in a few days. Anything else you can find out about the AI doing crazy, stupid or cool things I would be interested in though.

I will test switching vehicles when wanted and driving by a cop that's in lookout after being able to be unnoticed to see if he spots me.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Your little arrow on the mini map turns black if you've given them the slip. I'm still learning the intricacies of it though.

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

Does anyone else want to share they're opinion on the AI based off the video?

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:09 AM

I think certain people in here are giving the "peds report crime" feature a little too much credit. It's clear to see you rode around the block before entering the apartment alley. The ped will only tell the police what you're driving. not see through apartment walls tracking your movement.

I would say it is more likely they were doing a sweep of the area, since you just murdered a gas station clerk in cold blood. That makes much more sense.

But something about it reeks of the old psychic A.I which plagued 4 not being completely programmed to match the new system.

Juzt
  • Juzt

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

The only way to prove either way if it is clever A.I or psychic is to keep robbing the same station and switch up where you hide in the vicinity and every now and again hiding in the same spot. 

If the police keep searching your general area no matter where you are it's broken.

If they always go down that alley. It's rigid and you were just un lucky.

If it's random. its great. perfect.

Luiisjoseda
  • Luiisjoseda

Authority

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

The only way to prove either way if it is clever A.I or psychic is to keep robbing the same station and switch up where you hide in the vicinity and every now and again hiding in the same spot. 

If the police keep searching your general area no matter where you are it's broken.

If they always go down that alley. It's rigid and you were just un lucky.

If it's random. its great. perfect.

Let's say you're making a run for it from the cops in a vehicle, 99% of the time a cop that is searching in front of you will magically pop in to the radar forcing you to turn, just to find out another one magically appeared a couple meters up as well.

RoyalxAssassin
  • RoyalxAssassin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

You can easily get a few hundred million if you play the Lester missions the right way after you complete the game.

If there were lester missions when you beat the game but there arent

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users