Photo

Leaving engine on getting out

19 replies to this topic
theworldfamous
  • theworldfamous

all your game are belong to I

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

So, how do you leave the engine on when you get out of the car? I think I made it happen once or twice, but no idea how? 

Airborne82
  • Airborne82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Is it true you can turn the engine off well your still in the car ?

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

I wanna know this to!

Apollo_33
  • Apollo_33

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

I'm interested in knowing this too.

Lashley
  • Lashley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

wanna know too

madmanaz
  • madmanaz

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:08 PM

I have managed it only once on accident. I was driving the V12 Land Rover ripoff and saw a better car. Slammed on the brakes and hopped out and noticed a slight hum and the music still playing from the broken window. Only two cars around were the electric super car I was about to steal and the Rover I had just left. I think it may just be a random happening.

Tomsz
  • Tomsz

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

I was playing as Franklin and had just robbed a 24/7 with my balaclava on and had a cop chase on my hands as I shot a cop aswell leaving the store and I ditched my car down the road near these houses and started to look for somewhere to hide.. and I did and lost the cops and when I returned to my getaway vehicle it was still running door was open also, You need to exit before the car comes to a complete stop

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Possibly if you dive out of the car while moving
  • SamuelBenjamin likes this

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:23 PM Edited by SamuelBenjamin, 22 September 2013 - 11:37 PM.

Possibly if you dive out of the car while moving

Interesting! If you could hold the Y or Triangle button to leave the engine on would be a good idea

Bobloblaw426
  • Bobloblaw426

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by Bobloblaw426, 23 September 2013 - 09:16 PM.

Hold A down straight after pushing Y and you leave the door open. Sadly the engine doesn't seem to stay on.

Hold Y down when stealing a vehicle and you break the lock. Tap Y breaks the window.

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Hold A down straight after pushing Y and you leave the door open engine running.

Hold Y down when stealing a vehicle and you break the lock. Tap Y breaks the window.

No luck, on both

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

I think the whole "engine off while sat still" thing was a rumour, im not sure if it was ever confirmed. 

But you can appear as though you're hiding by parking your car and switching the lights off... it will prove very handy online, providing they have the option to turn blips off, and let us hide our blips again, before that trash update on GTA 4.

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

I think the whole "engine off while sat still" thing was a rumour, im not sure if it was ever confirmed. 

But you can appear as though you're hiding by parking your car and switching the lights off... it will prove very handy online, providing they have the option to turn blips off, and let us hide our blips again, before that trash update on GTA 4.

Get friendly with a hacker type on gta V and they'll hide your blip for you. Like a mission person thingy. lol

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:25 PM

Get friendly with a hacker type on gta V and they'll hide your blip for you. Like a mission person thingy. lol

Nah, modders (insulting to hackers calling the modders, hackers...) are the lowest form of garbage that ever came to GTA IV, im hoping so much that they cant do it on GTA Online. If they can, im really hoping they are containted to private lobbies at least.

Hopefully the no blip thing will be brought back, i sent emails into rockstar for 3 years asking for bank robberies online and no blips, hopefully they listened to both of those points, not just the bank robberies.

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

For some bizarre reason this was removed from GTA 5 it seems. I have made a thread about this and read two or three other threads and a few posters make suggestions about how you can do get out and leave you engine on but all have been wrong. 

The best lead is that you can get out of your car and leave the engine on but it's contextual based on police aggression against you which isn't a solution at all. You can also dive out of your car like a maniac but that again isn't a solution. It is likely that this can't be done at all whenever you like. 

Scar3dGam3r
  • Scar3dGam3r

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Nah, modders (insulting to hackers calling the modders, hackers...) are the lowest form of garbage that ever came to GTA IV, im hoping so much that they cant do it on GTA Online. If they can, im really hoping they are containted to private lobbies at least.

Hopefully the no blip thing will be brought back, i sent emails into rockstar for 3 years asking for bank robberies online and no blips, hopefully they listened to both of those points, not just the bank robberies.

You're misunderstanding me. Just like there are hackers in singleplayer, there will be hackers in MP. Get friendly with them and they can do sh*t for you. Get it now?

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

As if they've removed this! :O

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

I think they made it so that if you do get out its harder to get away from the cops. Also I think they did this to encourage a getaway driver to stay in side the car.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I think they made it so that if you do get out its harder to get away from the cops. Also I think they did this to encourage a getaway driver to stay in side the car.

No theyve just tried to make it as different to IV as possible, for some reason.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

No theyve just tried to make it as different to IV as possible, for some reason.

My reason is a good one especially for when gtao comes out. It makes it more difficult for you to pull hold ups by yourself so you gain a few more seconds when robbing someone.. Think man don't just say for some reason

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users