Photo

Cops are far too psychic

36 replies to this topic
Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

Shoot a person in a back alley with a silenced pistol, instant one star.  Place a sticky bomb on a car, walk far away into a building and blow it up, instant wanted level.  I went into this thinking that cops had realistic AI, like if no one around IDs you then they wont know it was you who committed the crime, but that's not true at all.  After receiving a wanted level for a crime clearly committed out of sight of anyone, I casually get into my car and drive, obeying the rules.  At some point the cops come near me, and I was hoping they would just drive by since they hadn't Id'd my vehicle or myself, but nope, they instantly start ramming and shooting me.. Stealth is absolutely useless outside of the what, 4 missions that allow you to go through stealthy.  Like I said, shoot someone in an alley with a silenced pistol, or stab them in the throat with a knife and you get a wanted level almost instantly. Then you walk into a strip club hoping to blend in, let me mention that the strip club was down the block from where I killed the guy, still for some reason the cops drive straight up to the strip club, run inside and instantly pick me out and start shooting.. I don't understand.  At least in GTA IV you had a few seconds to leave the scene before cops would be alerted.  In V the cops are instantly onto you and you have to run to the nearest alley and prey they don't home in on your location or you're doomed to a long police chase with those aim bot abusing police..
Sorry for this rant.. It just had to be said.  

• Cosmic Gypsy likes this

ryan6265123
  • ryan6265123

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Ummm, that's just you. I did all of the stuff you said in your post and none of that one-star bullcrap happens. I always have time to get away. I'm guessing there were cops around when you did those things. 

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Ummm, that's just you. I did all of the stuff you said in your post and none of that one-star bullcrap happens. I always have time to get away. I'm guessing there were cops around when you did those things. 

I had a cop (specifically, a park ranger) underneath a bridge

Spoiler
where NO ONE ELSE was around. Shot him in the head with a silenced pistol - one shot - and got an instant star.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

How about when the cones can see through buildings or when cars fall off cliffs then spawn back atop them when you're not looking? Still, better than 4's cops.

chevy1080
  • chevy1080

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

Naa I agree man. Cops need to be toned down a bit. Friggin awesome game though.

Tyleroh
  • Tyleroh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

I haven't had too much trouble. In the city I've easily taken out people with silenced weapons. Sometimes, 10% of the time I get caught doing something that shouldn't of been so easy, but I think the NPC call the cops. I went on a rampage with a silenced weapon up in the vineyards killing people and not a single cop called

Tyleroh
  • Tyleroh

Player Hater

• Members

I haven't had too much trouble. In the city I've easily taken out people with silenced weapons. Sometimes, 10% of the time I get caught doing something that shouldn't of been so easy, but I think the NPC call the cops. I went on a rampage with a silenced weapon up in the vineyards killing people and not a single cop called

Tyleroh
  • Tyleroh

Player Hater

• Members

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

Naa I agree man. Cops need to be toned down a bit. Friggin awesome game though.

Yes, one of the very few gripes I have with the game is police AI.  Another instance occurred where there was a random shootout between the cops and a pedestrian.  I ran up and punched the pedestrian in the back of the head, then I get a wanted level.. I mean really?  This made me rage quit the game.. x_x

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:46 AM Edited by Virazol, 23 September 2013 - 12:46 AM.

Here is a good example of the Psychic Cops.  A quick video I made.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:01 AM

FYI civilians LOVE to call the police.

I once saw 3 people all with their phones out calling the police after I got into a fist fight

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:03 AM Edited by lazedout, 23 September 2013 - 01:04 AM.

No, STFU. Its not just him. You didnt even read the OP you god damn imbecile. If you did, your even more retarded than I thought. It DOES happen. I shot hikers on top of mnt chiliad when NOONE as around and got wanted rating. Cops were there in under a minute. 

• matajuegos01 likes this

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

Yeah it's kinda bogus trying to slay lone back packers out in the middle of nowhere. Ain't nobody seeing me stab em up. Cops outta nowhere.

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:19 AM

Regardless of how close cops are when you make a silent kill, they shouldn't be into you INSTANTLY...

Somebody should have to hear or see the crime for the cops to be onto you...

Lashley
  • Lashley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

worst thing about the game

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:24 AM

maybe i just like cop chases, i'm sure we all have our own opinions but to me 1star is nothing but them saying you are like a suspect or person of interest so stay away while they are investigating and you get away clean, of course with your characters rap sheet they'd be suspicious. 

i wanted to complain that during the Lester missions i could rocket launch my targets in the middle of a crowd and i wouldn't even get a star. i don't think it's possible for them to make a wanted system that would please everyone

JordantheJew13
  • JordantheJew13

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

The worst thing is when you encounter a random police event where they're chasing somebody else. THEY ram into YOU and then you get wanted. This happened to me earlier and since I was in a car: Instant 2 star wanted level. Took me a good 10 minutes in pursuit, at points getting away and hiding all different places where they shouldn't have seen me but somehow did, before I finally just let them kill me. SO annoying. 

TLagBro
  • TLagBro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

Things can escalate fast. It can take forever to get rid of a one star if youre in a bad spot. Then you get two stars purely for restiance. There has been a handful of times where hitting a single person leads to a 10 minute pointless pursuit.

JunkoWakahisa
  • JunkoWakahisa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:35 AM Edited by JunkoWakahisa, 23 September 2013 - 02:41 AM.

I totally agree with Virazol's YT video,... and I am not even that far yet.

I seen review tips and trick that tell you .... 'get a silencer and watch ppl at ATM's... kill them and walk away with da MUNEY.'... It does not work. What is the point buying a 2k silencer on your weapon of choice... but every time you use it you get an instant star. Eventhough you know NO ONE sees you?

And it is NOT only the cops!!!

I did one of the first Trevor missions, where he goes to thar farmhouse full with inbred brothers who happened to be his meth-lab competitioners. Trevor starts with a sh*t load of money, so I immediately went to get him a nice .50 sniper riffle with a silencer. ... I get to the farm... see the big watertowers (or whatever) to the left of the farm,... climb up... shoot a high pressure cannister,... because I did not see any guards yet. I thought to myself: 'mmm, that will blow up and get their attention'... and it did. So there I am... high up, no guard has seen me yet. I pop the cannister. It blows up.

... And all the guys inside the house run out... STRAIGHT TOWARDS ME... and kill me!... I mean WTF? 6 Years and the biggest budget ever for a game... and the reaction of the NPC's aint better then an age old pacman.

This was a serious disapointement for me. Whats the point getting a long range silenced sniper riffle.... if you can not snipe long range or unnoticed?

Though getting a 1 star and even a 2 star, aint a real issue... as getting away from the cops does seem to be easier then the previous GTA versions. The line of sight works like a charm. It is spot on. I f you only stick out your hand outside your hiding location,... they might see you. So yeah... Rockstar had that right. But seriously? .... getting an instant star when using a silenced weapon,... when no one sees you ... is utterly NUTS.

Not to mention... if you do want cops to react real. .... I just finished the second assassination mission for Franklin,... where he has to snipe and kill 4 juror members. So there I was BIG RIFFLE out. shooting 4 people in plain sight... and no cop reaction. Sure that was a storyline mission... But if you want cops to react real... let them react real in both your offtime killing and during missions.

Indeed... like some ppl say... You are in the middle of no-where... You kill a person .. and get an instant star. Ridiculous!

Now true... I have had some kills that I did ... that drew no attention at all.

I noticed when on a mountain,... I shot a tourist-biker,... no cops. I was at that time so attuned to getting a one star... I was alrdy trying to make a quick get away. I though 'mmmmm, no cop reaction here. Awesome!!!'.... So I killed another tourist biker. BLAM.... one star. So unless mountain lions, hares or deers or whatever have cellphones,.... Rockstar has some explaining to do here.

It makes no sence!

I suspect they keep track of crimes commited per minute or something... else I can not explain it. Commit too many crimes to quick... then even when not noticed,... 1 star. Which would still make no sence ofcource.

• matajuegos01 likes this

dannyy8686
  • dannyy8686

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:38 AM

just because the cops are called dose not mean they will catch you or even see you, just move from the area... kill some more people, move again, ive been hidden in an ally to see 3 cop cars go driving past missing me completly was quiet funny,

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:52 AM

I stabbed like 10 guys in the underground metro and a few by Vespucci beach homes. No wanted level.

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

tipplur
  • tipplur

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:53 AM

that's why i said it seems to me like 1star means you are like a suspect, you just have to avoid them, they aren't actively chasing you

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:58 AM

I stabbed like 10 guys in the underground metro and a few by Vespucci beach homes. No wanted level.

Whatchu talkin bout Willis?

It seems whether or not they choose to respond immediately is completely random.  Silently killing someone, instant one star.  Shooting someone in public with a shotty, no stars.  Or vice versa.  I don't know what system they used for the police detection, but imo, it desperately needs some tweaks.

• Grand Cannon likes this

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:02 AM

Totally agree with the OP the games great but it's just a bunch of very small details some obviously bigger then others that are ruining my experience...btw I've already completed the story incase your wondering.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:06 AM

yea they are on you instantly or not at all if you do something.  they are super easy to get away from, which makes it even more lame though.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:30 AM

The Police are VERY inconsistent about that. Most of the times, if I detonate a bomb or kill someone, even if there are no witnesses, I get a star. And if I'm far away from the crime scene but still have a star, how do they know it's me? That's the BS thing. But sometimes, rarely, I won't get a star, even if there are witnesses. It makes no sense. Also once I was hiding in a shipping container out in the middle of nowhere, and they surrounded the container like they knew I was in there, even though no one saw me go in there. It is a step up from GTA IV but not a big one. R* could have done so much better with that, there's almost no point in trying to be stealthy. 5 years in the making and you couldn't touch that up a bit? I feel like they added so many cool aspects into the game but rushed every single one. 

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

I had another really weird thing happen.. I was just chillin' at my house as Franklin and I wanted to 

Spoiler
but I accidentally kicked him and I got 1 star.. Like... What? 

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

I have to admit, psychic police is one of the things I've always hated most in GTA, and the problem still remains in GTA V, real shame. 

Virazol
  • Virazol

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

I have to admit, psychic police is one of the things I've always hated most in GTA, and the problem still remains in GTA V, real shame. 

Only it seems to be worse.

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:26 AM Edited by TrevorPhilipsInc, 25 September 2013 - 12:26 AM.

ehh they need to tweek the mechanic...But just a moment ago I was able to get  out of sight of the cops...swim across from one dock to another...get out of sight of two helicopters...jack a car just as four cop cars (including swat) showed up just around the trailer. I get in the car and drive right through them..Search cones and all. I then navigate my way out of the massive search grid by keeping a low profile and not causing anyone to call the cops on me.

4 Stars...Avoided like a Pro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users