• This topic is locked This topic is locked
43 replies to this topic
TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Born in sin, COME ON IN.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Go just one foot underwater and sh!t gets scary. Sharks, a possible sea monster, weird noises and deep darkness give the ocean around San Andreas an unwelcoming feel. Has anybody been creeped out while exploring the ocean? 

unikatil
  • unikatil

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

I'm real scared when I go deep deep deeeep down.

Louismkd
  • Louismkd

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:58 PM

Yup, went out in the sea at night and didnt really enjoy it haha. Got straight back on my jetski, and even when getting back onto that I thought my legs were gunna get eaten.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:02 PM

No I'm not creeped out because I'm not 5 years old. Grow a pair!

ballen205
  • ballen205

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

The fact that you had to prove your not scared show your more scared more then anyone.

• Wolfhuman, lazy. and LordZekrom like this

AceHigh11
  • AceHigh11

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

You bet it's scary... I tried to see what would happen when I flew to the edge of the map. The engine of my plane just gave up! I turned it around thinking it would start again if I got back but noooo. Crashed in the ocean. After swimming for a while, a red dot popped up on the radar. I knew it was a shark because the previews said they would pop up on the radar.

I tried to outswim it, kept pressing x even when my stamina was gone, but it got me eventually. Got a trophy for it though. :D

• mdgrncw likes this

Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

As a kid I was always terrified of water levels, I love it makes me immersed

Nordniedersachse
  • Nordniedersachse

Kling Gl÷ckchen klingelingeling

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Can't go very deep, because I got no scuba yet and didn't go down with a sub, only in a mission and I felt safe in the sub. I don't feel safe when I'm in the ocean without a boat or a sub.

jatiger13
  • jatiger13

this is fun

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

The fact that you had to prove your not scared show your more scared more then anyone.

You make NO sense at all! Why would I be scared of the ocean in a video game? ITS A GOD DAMN VIDEO GAME!! You sir are an idiot
  • BrimStone7 and Laveerre like this

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

THANK YOU!!! f*cking sh*tting myself to go exploring in the water...im not AS afraid when im in the submarine but still sh*tting myself. Its funny, for some reason I just can't handle it haha
  • TheGentleman likes this

Lisha
  • Lisha

Prankster

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:34 PM Edited by Lisha, 22 September 2013 - 09:34 PM.

Saaame. I usually don't feel uneasy but in GTA it's creepy. Knowing that sharks can kill you and sh*t, naaaaah. I want to get the submarine pieces but f*cking hell, getting 3 of them last night scared the sh*t out of me.

I might play "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid to ease the tension tbh. ;/

• MOGGYASAURUS and TaCtiCaLTommy like this

ceIozzip
  • ceIozzip

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

did some exploring in scuba gear, found this weird thing like a hatch at the bottom of the ocean, had 4 lights on it, got near it and started to get ill. at the time i thought it was radioactive but i found out later that there's a crush depth in the game so it might have been that. so i swam back to get the sub and get a better look and got killed by a shark. got an achievement though.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

You make NO sense at all! Why would I be scared of the ocean in a video game? ITS A GOD DAMN VIDEO GAME!! You sir are an idiot

What's it like? Having no imagination. Haha ;)

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

Saaame. I usually don't feel uneasy but in GTA it's creepy. Knowing that sharks can kill you and sh*t, naaaaah. I want to get the submarine pieces but f*cking hell, getting 3 of them last night scared the sh*t out of me.

I might play "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid to ease the tension tbh. ;/

LOL Brilliant!

Under da sea, under da seaaaa,
Things are much better,
Down where its wetter,
Take it from meeeee

Or something like that...

Good idea! haha!

ballen205
  • ballen205

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:42 PM Edited by ballen205, 22 September 2013 - 09:43 PM.

You're scared of your own shadow but I'm the idiot!

DJ_Jiggles
  • DJ_Jiggles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Been afraid of deep, dark water since this bastard became a part of my childhood. :(

Clanker.jpg 

minieye
  • minieye

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

Buddy you dun goofed and proved you're an idiot from the get go. Who the hell comes into a thread that is clearly for people who think the ocean in the game is unnerving in a sense and says some sh*t like "NOT SCARED CAUSE IM NAT 5". Well you're either 12 or a manboy still living with his mother.

OT: They did a really great job I think with the bodies of water, they look completely realistic to me, surprised they could accomplish that on this gen hardware. But yeah getting into the water is pretty terrifying, haven't explored at all yet an I've beaten the main story. Tased 1 shark though the other day. Just shot one of the charges at him, I wondered if it would have the same effect if I just shot the water next him; didn't have time to try though.
  • eddierock likes this

KeithoMahony
  • KeithoMahony

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

You bet it's scary... I tried to see what would happen when I flew to the edge of the map. The engine of my plane just gave up! I turned it around thinking it would start again if I got back but noooo. Crashed in the ocean. After swimming for a while, a red dot popped up on the radar. I knew it was a shark because the previews said they would pop up on the radar.

I tried to outswim it, kept pressing x even when my stamina was gone, but it got me eventually. Got a trophy for it though. :D

I'm always tempted to do this in every GTA but I'm glad I didn't! 

Out of curiosity, anyone know how far you can go out from the Island? Since I was a kid I've been freaked out when I go to far from the Island. 

DJ_Jiggles
  • DJ_Jiggles

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

I'm always tempted to do this in every GTA but I'm glad I didn't! 

Out of curiosity, anyone know how far you can go out from the Island? Since I was a kid I've been freaked out when I go to far from the Island. 

You can go pretty far. I think it took me 7 -10 minutes to reach the boundry by jetski. I couldn't even see myself on the map 5 minutes in.

ArcherTheGreat
  • ArcherTheGreat

Master Chief's Backseat Driver

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:35 PM

Lol, if you want to scare yourself sh*tless, go to the east side of the map in the ocean and go deep down with a sub or scuba gear. There's some big monsters lurking in the depths. With the little streams of light coming down from above, all you will see are sudden movements of distant silhouettes.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Born in sin, COME ON IN.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Lol, if you want to scare yourself sh*tless, go to the east side of the map in the ocean and go deep down with a sub or scuba gear. There's some big monsters lurking in the depths. With the little streams of light coming down from above, all you will see are sudden movements of distant silhouettes.

Other people have said the same thing, so I might check it out. I'm gonna be in the sub well armed incase something attacks.

malcolmfunktion
  • malcolmfunktion

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

WTF!? I'm definitely not going in now...that sounds scary as sh*t and exactly the type of thing that id be afraid of happening under that water...and I nearly sorted it out in my head to have the balls to explore the ocean, but now im back to sh*tting myself :(
  • GTAspotter likes this

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

I used to play the Jaws game on the PS2 back in the day, the deep see area creeped me out.

This game, meh, it does get creepy when you go deeep down and here a noise, could be a sea monster or something. Never know what rockstar throws in their GTA games

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:29 AM

Yeah, the ocean is scary. However, seeing the red dot, while useful, kind of defeats the purpose though and makes me less fearful of going in the water.

I am scared to go in the forests as well because the bobcats don't have a red dot and kill you in one hit. Wish you could fight them off for a bit.

Carnotaurus
  • Carnotaurus

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

I'm pretty sure most of you guys have no problem playing scary games like Silent Hill so I'm confuse as why you guys are scare of the ocean?  I'm scare of scary games so I can't play games like Silent Hill.  Some parts of the Last of Us did scare me.  I'm not scare of the ocean however and I'm hoping Rockstar put some hidden secret sea monster in the game.  

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

^im a pussy when it comes to scary games. I tried games like Dead Space which is really good, but the surprise scares piss me off and I've never finished it.

TheGreenSadler
  • TheGreenSadler

Born in sin, COME ON IN.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

Yeah, the ocean is scary. However, seeing the red dot, while useful, kind of defeats the purpose though and makes me less fearful of going in the water.

I am scared to go in the forests as well because the bobcats don't have a red dot and kill you in one hit. Wish you could fight them off for a bit.

The forest is scary especially at night, but the bobcats do have dots and are pretty easy to kill. The red dot shows up on radar when a bobcat is only a few feet away, so be careful.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

The forest is scary especially at night, but the bobcats do have dots and are pretty easy to kill. The red dot shows up on radar when a bobcat is only a few feet away, so be careful.

That's good to know...I must have freaked out during my encounter and missed it

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:08 AM

It got a little creepy going to the ocean floor. I heard creepy noises in the distance. And then you have to race back to the boat before the sharks eat you...

mikifanki
  • mikifanki

Just Fine

• Members

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

I went to east side of the map, and dive really long in all ways, and deepest I can, and spotted nothing for now.. Did you do it when was a storm, and can you tell me exact position/location of that..?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users