Photo

I compared every Elite Car in GTA in a chopshop

26 replies to this topic
EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

What really surprised me was the Cheetah, when I drove it, I swear It seemed much faster/better than the stats showed. I guess It was observational bias.

The Vacca also disappointed me...a lot. For that matter, The Infernus too. I swear, it used to be one of the fastest cars in the game, and now the top speed is one of the slowest of the "supercars". 

Any surprises you guys had/have about a car's performance?

vwnut13
  • vwnut13

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Doesn't matter what the stats say.

All of the fast cars drive the same.

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

Man, I know, but the Coil is really unique. Have you driven it? If you go up a hill, it'll get air. If you take it off a ramp, that thing floats.

slimjim420
  • slimjim420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

The coil is a Tesla. Pegassi is Ferreri. Cheetah is Lambo. Albany is Cadillac. Ubermakht is BMW. Benefactor is Mercedes. Bravado is Dodge. They did a phenomenal job on the cars And the companies they are spoofing.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 22 September 2013 - 09:17 PM.

The coil is a Tesla. Pegassi is Ferreri. Cheetah is Lambo. Albany is Cadillac. Ubermakht is BMW. Benefactor is Mercedes. Bravado is Dodge. They did a phenomenal job on the cars And the companies they are spoofing.

No the Pegassi Infernus & Vacca are based from lamborghini models.

The Infernus has the Pagani style rear exhaust though, weird.

The Cheetah has a Ferrari front.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Comet is the best vehicle I've found so far for off-roading. :p

slimjim420
  • slimjim420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:54 PM Edited by slimjim420, 22 September 2013 - 09:56 PM.

Cheetah is a lambo, look at the emblem on the front. Its a Lamborghini Murciélago. Google image it.

Lamborghini Murcié haha

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Stat bars have never been accurate in any game ever.

• Greasepalms likes this

slimjim420
  • slimjim420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

Second thought Pegassi is Lambo cuz They have bikes and Lambo owns ducati. They own Zonda too which.is what the infernus is modeled after. My bad

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:59 PM

I love the Comet, it's my favorite car. For offroading and jumps, have you tried the Coil? That thing is so light, if you up a hill, I swear it floats off the top of it. Give it a shot.

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

No way the Cheetah is a lambo.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 22 September 2013 - 11:41 PM.

Second thought Pegassi is Lambo cuz They have bikes and Lambo owns ducati. They own Zonda too which.is what the infernus is modeled after. My bad

The front of the Infernus looks like the Murc. while the rear looks like a Zonda.

afatbanana
  • afatbanana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:31 PM

My favorite is the Grotti. The engine sounds amazing. and its pretty fast too.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:36 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 22 September 2013 - 11:40 PM.

No way the Cheetah is a lambo.

Negative.

Here's a Cheetah & Ferrari, fronts are near identical.

The rear of the Cheetah reminds me of a Porsche 918 Spyder.

78a5ba26219a27c3ad35a2acd37b4134.pngFerrari12.jpg

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

The Cheetah has always been a Ferrari takeoff. In VC and SA it was a near identical clone of a 355 Spider.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:43 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 22 September 2013 - 11:44 PM.

Pagani owns Zonda.

b1g_dav3
  • b1g_dav3

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

My favourite to be honest is either Franklin's Buffalo, or the Dominator. They're such sweet rides.

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

My favorite is the Grotti. The engine sounds amazing. and its pretty fast too.

Isn't that a company? They make the Carbonizzare (which I didn't include, I should have. I'll screencap its stats and then post on my thread), and the Cheetah. Stinger, too, right? Did you mean one of them?

Puksy
  • Puksy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

No love for Phoenix? That car really feels like MUSCLE!!!

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

The Cheetah, if anything, reminds me of the two-tone Pagani Zonda. Nevertheless, Pegassi is without a doubt Lambos, the Cheetah isn't a Grotti vehicle, so it isn't a Ferrari. Same for The Vapid vehicles being Fords.

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:56 PM

No love for Phoenix? That car really feels like MUSCLE!!!

I may do another video comparing muscle cars/sedans, etc. Suggestions? 

The Cheetah, if anything, reminds me of the two-tone Pagani Zonda. Nevertheless, Pegassi is without a doubt Lambos, the Cheetah isn't a Grotti vehicle, so it isn't a Ferrari. Same for The Vapid vehicles being Fords.

http://www.roflsauru...ura/Cheetah.png

Zoomed in,

873b1d2b7f3ae8c46186d609ee7d0b78.png

The cheetah is a Grotti. A lot of weirdness in this game, I know, lol. I agree 100% that Pegassi is lambo, tho. 

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

Do sports cars next. The Comet is a sports car now and from what I can tell it blows the other ones out of the water.

SLUGFly
  • SLUGFly

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

I love the Comet, it's my favorite car. For offroading and jumps, have you tried the Coil? That thing is so light, if you up a hill, I swear it floats off the top of it. Give it a shot.

Rockstar should be embarrassed that either of these cars works for what we propose. :(

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Firstly, let's cut the debate about what in-game manufacturer resembles what real life manufacturer. There are cars of a certain manufacturer in the game that resembles two different manufacturers in real life. For example, it's possible that Benefactor is the GTA equivalent  of Mercedes. However, the Benefactor Surano has a VERY HIGH likeness to the Jaguar F-Type. There are suggestions of it resembling an SLS, but i believe only in body-shape. The front and back of the car look almost identical to the F-Type. Then we have the Lampadati Felon that looks very much like a Jaguar XKs. You could argue that those look like Maserati's, and the likeness in the name would back that up, but Ocelot have the F620 and Jackal, both of which also resemble Maserati's.

Honestly, there probably is/are very solid arguments and reasons why each manufacturer is a GTA version of a certain real life manufacturer. But trying to convince each other that cars look like certain cars would leave us here forever as they don't specifically resemble anything, they just look a BIT like this and a BIT like that.

Secondly, the in-game stats are specific to that car. A full Acceleration bar on one car does not mean it has the same acceleration as another car with full acceleration. A car with half a Top Speed bar doesn't mean it is the same speed as another car with half a Top Speed bar. It doesn't really make much sense, and i think it's just to give you an idea about the cars performance. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it personally.

EVOAccura
  • EVOAccura

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

Secondly, the in-game stats are specific to that car. A full Acceleration bar on one car does not mean it has the same acceleration as another car with full acceleration. A car with half a Top Speed bar doesn't mean it is the same speed as another car with half a Top Speed bar. It doesn't really make much sense, and i think it's just to give you an idea about the cars performance. I wouldn't pay too much attention to it personally.

I'll be testing this soon, I think. I'd like to know for certain, if anyone has any Dev quotes, that'd be nice, too.

I still plan on testing before/after upgrades, as well. I got a week before GTAO comes out, and I know how rare/valuable cash is, so I want to see what is and what is not worth spending GTAO cash on.

Rickmill
  • Rickmill

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

No one car maker in this game represents one car company in reality. Vapid makes Chevy dodge and ford look alikes.

slimjim420
  • slimjim420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

Haha Declasse is Ford. Bravado is Dodge. Its pretty obvious. It one to one. Jaguar is a different company in the game, Benefactor is definitely Mercedes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users