Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

First of all, apologies if this has already been posted. I don't goober around this section much, but I've been taking an interest in GTA Online, seeing as a buddy of mine asked me to join his crew.

Anyway, onwards with the question. I can imagine that the character customization will be really flexible. My question about it, though, is once you make your character (like the skin type, gender, facial features, etc.) are you stuck with it forever, or can you go to, say, a plastic surgeon and change it? I'm asking because if I ever get Xbox Live, I really, really, really want my avatar to look like Richard off of "New Kids". His mullet and mustache know no bounds.

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

I just want to make me, man. 

If you want to suggest any hair, just post in one of the hair threads I made, I guess. That look is badass. Almost reminds me of Waluigi for a reason.  

SlicedSebs
  • SlicedSebs

I sell soap...

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:57 PM

That is indeed a mullet and tashe to behold.

Hadn't really thought about this tbh, but yeah R* could sort of go the Saints Row route and have a plastic surgeon-type store/clinic to change skin tone, body size, etc, other options like changing hairstyles and clothes would be handled the same way as they are in single player.

Then again though, given part of character creation is about parental legacy and backstory, maybe the only option to change will be to create a new character and rank up from scratch each time?

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:53 PM Edited by Munx, 22 September 2013 - 09:54 PM.

I can say almost certainly you won't be able to go to a plastic surgeon and change it, that would kinda the defeat the purpose of a heritage based on character creation system.

I also doubt you will be able to have multiple characters, so I strongly advice you put thought into your char.

Speaking of which, I am really hyped to see exactly how many parents/grandparents we'll have to choose from, kinda hoping the peds in sp were made trough the char creation system, as the variety between the peds is awesome.

Really wish they'd release a char creation vid or something, Im kinda gueesing all chars will be the same body build/height as it makes it easier to fit clothing etc, but i am hopeful.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:07 AM

i always make my custom character look like carl from aqua teen hunger force. what are the chances of an option of how much body hair we can add? saints row had an awesome creation process but it just isn't carl without the chest hair.

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:03 AM

i always make my custom character look like carl from aqua teen hunger force. what are the chances of an option of how much body hair we can add? saints row had an awesome creation process but it just isn't carl without the chest hair.

I have to ask... Do your characters also talk like him? =P

Romel3
  • Romel3

BEAST COAST 2013

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

you will probably be able to make him look like Carl. Look at Trevor, he almost has the same hairstyles, just take him and make him fatter lol

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

All this talk about it not making sense due to the parental genes mechanic..

I personally think there'll be some form of character editor that'll allow you to re-choose parental genes (if more get realeased as GTA:O progresses) sex, face, skin tone whatever..

it would be foolish to not allow someone the ability to edit their character in some way, if GTA:O plans to be around a while, people are going to want to switch up the appearance from time to time, when they get bored of either playing as male/female characters, or being a certain ethnicity, I think the option to change it in some way will most likely be around.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:07 AM

There's a short little blurb out there somewhere or other about why they chose this parentage method.

Essentially they didn't like the whole Sliders and Bars and whatnot approach.

Given that and the focus they seem to have on character progression I wouldn't really expect any Plastic Surgeons...and really really wouldn't expect to be able to maintain progress whilst changing your character in any particularly profound way.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

I hope you're able to pick the age of your character and choose whether or not they are elderly looking like michael or younger looking like franklin, or flat out haggard like trevor.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

I hope you're able to pick the age of your character and choose whether or not they are elderly looking like michael or younger looking like franklin, or flat out haggard like trevor.

Im gueesing you can to some extent atleast, the black character you see when lester is introduced in online trailer has alot more wrinkles etc, he could easily be 30-40.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users