• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic
imakuni1995
  • imakuni1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

So, GTA V is finally here and it is amazing! There are, however, a few things that bother me and they are all related to the police in the game.
1. As seen at http://www.igta5.com/vehicles there are a lot of different emergency vehicles in GTA V. Then why the f*ck does the LSPD only use the Police Interceptor when chasing me? The Vapid Police Cruiser can be seen parking in front of some police stations and I think I have seen a Police Bike near a highway once, but I have yet to see a Police Buffalo, a Police Riot, an Unmarked Cruiser, a Park Ranger, an FIB Buffalo, an FIB Granger or a Police Transporter. I am sure some of those vehicles can be found parking somewhere, but why don't the cops use them???
2. Patroling cars. In GTA IV, patrolling LCPD cruisers could be found very frequently on the streets of Liberty City. In Los Santos, however, I have never seen one. I have seen Police Cruisers chasing cars and I have seen a parking one next to Los Santos International Airport, but after playing the game for quiete some time, I have never seen a single police car among the many cars driving through the streets of Los Santos County and Blaine County. Furthermore, it seems like there are no cops patrolling on foot either.
3. Female Cops. I have seen one female sheriff somewhere in Sandy Shores, but there was not a single woman amongst the hundreds of cops I have encountered in Los Santos.
Well, yeah, that's pretty much it. I don't know if it's just me, but those little things really bug me. I really hope Rockstar will fix it with the upcoming patch.

imakuni1995
  • imakuni1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

Yes! I approve this message!

Moonwalker98
  • Moonwalker98

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

i agree with all your points

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:36 PM Edited by KillaDanny, 22 September 2013 - 09:36 PM.

I have seen patroling cops... but damn the cops are so op

imakuni1995
  • imakuni1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

I have seen patroling cops...

Really? Are you sure???? 'Cause I haven't seen any yet and I've been playing this game since it came out last Tuesday.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

I have seen maybe 1 or 2 cops on the streets other than those chasing people. Note how the chases always end up in a shootout lol

imakuni1995
  • imakuni1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Note how the chases always end up in a shootout lol

Yeah, the chases/ shootouts are a nice addition. So would be cops pulling over other vehicles like in SR3. But the fact that there are barely any normal police cars or cops patroling the streets is utterly stupid.

Lashley
  • Lashley

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

i agree cops need sorted out

Mason GTA
  • Mason GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm confused by this, I literally see cops patrolling ALL the time. Not even one bit rare.

I see them pull over random other people and even get in shootouts, all the time. Then I stand there and watch the patrolling police shoot it out with some random criminal and I'll pick up the losers weapons.

Maglev
  • Maglev

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

I never noticed the police not patrolling but now you say so it's indeed strange.

And I remember listening to the leaked audio files and hearing a lot of female police speaker talk, never heard that again. The only female cop is the one near the hospital in Sandy Shores as far as I know.

igrvks
  • igrvks

Proto Hipster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

I hate the fact you cant surrender any more with one star wanted level. All they had to do was copypaste the code, possibly do some tweaking. No, you are going to end up in a shootout/forced car chase/sitting on your ass for the one minute cooldown timer.

Mason GTA
  • Mason GTA

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:39 PM

I hate the fact you cant surrender any more with one star wanted level. All they had to do was copypaste the code, possibly do some tweaking. No, you are going to end up in a shootout/forced car chase/sitting on your ass for the one minute cooldown timer.

Lol they probably forgot. I'm not sure I ever surrendered but once in GTA4. Don't you lose all your weapons? that would suck. Would not do/10

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

I have seen patroling cops...

Really? Are you sure???? 'Cause I haven't seen any yet and I've been playing this game since it came out last Tuesday.

Yeah but it's a bit rare to find them patroling, I saw something pretty nice though...  on the highway I saw a parked cop car looking for people who were speeding and one time I even saw them starting a chase

Punple
  • Punple

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:38 AM

I'm confused by this, I literally see cops patrolling ALL the time. Not even one bit rare.

I see them pull over random other people and even get in shootouts, all the time. Then I stand there and watch the patrolling police shoot it out with some random criminal and I'll pick up the losers weapons.

I think he meant police just patrolling, not engaged in a random encounter. There are literally no police around unless they are engaged in a firefight or a chase.

Moe36
  • Moe36

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

Escaping cops is a lot more fun then it used to be, I love having a 3 star and then just running in a persons backyard while I see cops looking for me.

RoyalxAssassin
  • RoyalxAssassin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

The only problem i have with the cops is that they dont arrest or shoot people who are fighting you like they did in gta IV, like when merryweather attacked you i called the cops they came but stood there and done nothing but in IV they shot the crooks or arrested them

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

The only problem i have with the cops is that they dont arrest or shoot people who are fighting you like they did in gta IV, like when merryweather attacked you i called the cops they came but stood there and done nothing but in IV they shot the crooks or arrested them

Cops will go after anyone firing a gun. However, the paramedics are now as useless as the firefighters were in IV. Never seen them successfully resuscitate anyone. I'm going to call paramedics & as soon as I hear them coming, I'm going to hit someone on the bonce with a crowbar. Let's see if they can save someone who's just been killed. I should've done that when I blew up Amanda that one time, as it's impossible for her to die permanently.

cjkuhlenbeck
  • cjkuhlenbeck

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

Hi guys, I'm new here. 

Figured I would throw in my two cents since i've clocked a abundance of time in this game.

Cops patrol, they just don't cruise. It's something you don't notice most of the time, especially in this game mostly because you're trying to get from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time. If you take it a little slower, you'll notice cops hidden in alleyways, in bushes, behind guard rails, etc ~ Doing speed traps, checking apartments, etc. To me, this adds a bit of realism to the game. Cops aren't actually supposed to just "cruise the area" in real life. It costs too much money (implying cops care about tax dollars, right?). This is a big reason why cop cars have up to 4 batteries in their car. To run the equipment while monitoring an area. You can still find cops driving around if you hover around them, but just like in real life ....When THEY'RE trying to get from point A to point B. 

My only complaint with the cops is they're too easy.  ...Make a left turn, a right turn, a left turn, and a right into an alley and they're gone.   ....What??!

imakuni1995
  • imakuni1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:16 PM

Hi guys, I'm new here. 

Figured I would throw in my two cents since i've clocked a abundance of time in this game.

Cops patrol, they just don't cruise. It's something you don't notice most of the time, especially in this game mostly because you're trying to get from point A to point B in the shortest amount of time. If you take it a little slower, you'll notice cops hidden in alleyways, in bushes, behind guard rails, etc ~ Doing speed traps, checking apartments, etc. To me, this adds a bit of realism to the game. Cops aren't actually supposed to just "cruise the area" in real life. It costs too much money (implying cops care about tax dollars, right?). This is a big reason why cop cars have up to 4 batteries in their car. To run the equipment while monitoring an area. You can still find cops driving around if you hover around them, but just like in real life ....When THEY'RE trying to get from point A to point B. 

My only complaint with the cops is they're too easy.  ...Make a left turn, a right turn, a left turn, and a right into an alley and they're gone.   ....What??!

I'll keep my eyes open then. But I still think they should add some cruising cops vie patch, can't be that hard...

Matticus88
  • Matticus88

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

For a moment i thought this was going to be another thread complaining about the cops aggresiveness. Pleased that its not :)

I agree about the polices use of their vehicles, Not enough varity.

Jessej247
  • Jessej247

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

I agree with all your points 100%. I think there has to be a reason for the lack of patrol cops. In fact, I really believe it is because of GTA online. Once there are 16 humans running around in the city there will be lots of cops resonding to the mayhem.

In single player I'll see cops go into patrol mode after a chase or shootout. If those same events trigger patrol mode online, there should be a lot more cops on patrol then. At least thats what I am hoping for.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Well I have seen a police car next to a highway and an officer was inside of it, playing around with a flashlight… beside that I agree, I haven't seen any cops that weren't involved in a chase

The cops behaviour is the biggest "problem" in GTAV. I could live with everything else because no game is perfect, but the cops are weird as f*ck. I still hope there will be either a no-cops or a invulnerable cheat later when I have finished the story.

What I also don't get - during missions the cops are so weak and easy. Outside they are like bastards from hell.

YadiYada
  • YadiYada

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Cops just chase after me with regular cop cars instead of mixing in with bikes, buffalos, and other vehicles no matter what my wanted level is.

That indeed sucks. That's not what R* said or advertised.
It's either another one of their falsified advertisements or they f*cked it up and couldn't implement it in the game.

imakuni1995
  • imakuni1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Cops just chase after me with regular cop cars instead of mixing in with bikes, buffalos, and other vehicles no matter what my wanted level is.

It's either another one of their falsified advertisements or they f*cked it up and couldn't implement it in the game.

Yap, they are not even using Vapid cruisers, although there are severals parked at each precinct.

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Yap, they are not even using Vapid cruisers, although there are severals parked at each precinct.

They are even using their regular cars up on a mountain or in the desert… this is so embarassing

imakuni1995
  • imakuni1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

They are even using their regular cars up on a mountain or in the desert… this is so embarassing

Dumb LSPD cops...

imakuni1995
  • imakuni1995

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Rockstar read this thread, so there may be some hope...

Swifty101
  • Swifty101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

The Crown Vic's in the game are mostly back up cars now and the LAPD is a police force that mostly targets the newest cars in real life. The Crown Vic is bigger and stronger but the Taurus Interceptor has stronger armor and is smaller and best suited for police pursuits in LA/LS where a lot of traffic is. Plus you're all forgetting about how the country police are actually county sheriff's who have a lot smaller amount of cops on their force. And now a days the only areas in LA to be patrolled are the ghetto's and gang areas or Hollywood itself. And most of the patrolling is down by helicopter. I once counted 5 different LSPD helicopters all patrolling over Los Santos, more so at night. And Paramedic wise. The emergencies they're responding too are ones where the criminals never really survive. If it ends up in a shoot out where the criminal is filled with 5 to 11 gunshots then most likely they won't survive. Where I live near Albany. All the time when a gang affiliated shooting happens then the victim rarely ever survives. Plus that's LS=LA. There is a lot of crime in LA. And there is 2 different types of emergencies paramedics must face. The ones where they can save a life. And the ones where they never even had a chance to save a life. And for using a stun gun. Just fire the trigger and turn off the lock on to simply not kill the person to avoid a wanted level when taking down someone in a shoot out with a stun gun like I do.

Mr_Goldcard
  • Mr_Goldcard

Homie

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

This thread's about to be locked by otter. You can't complain here.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:45 AM

Aw, Mr_Goldcard. Chin up sport! Complain away:

http://gtaforums.com...lt-debate-here/

- Your friendly neighborhood Otter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users