Photo

Why can't we be the police?

28 replies to this topic
l4ith
  • l4ith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

I wish there was an option to be a police officer on GTA:O and try and thwart heists :(

Rather than get paid in heists you get paid when you stop robberies etc... whether they are player ones or npc ones...

please make it so R*!!! 

orangensaft
  • orangensaft

ORANGE

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

Maybe next GTA

beastjeffrey
  • beastjeffrey

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

Lol there is XD you have to unlock it

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

proof?

l4ith
  • l4ith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

you better not be trolling me 

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by maloy82, 22 September 2013 - 03:27 PM.

even if there issnt im sure you can meet with a group, and plan it so you can intervene. if they agree to it I mean.

bPiNs
  • bPiNs

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Isn't this the whole point of CnC (Cops n' Crooks)? I figured it meant cops vs crooks, unless the cops are AI...

ZanderMan514
  • ZanderMan514

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:51 PM Edited by ZanderMan514, 22 September 2013 - 05:53 PM.

@ I4ith and bPINs

Look at my website: www.zandermanroleplays.weebly.com

Our Facebook: https://www.facebook...18473661573835

We have a whole clan of people that roleplay jobs in GTA IV and we will start October 1st with GTA V. We are a clan with a complete Police Department, Fire Department, EMS as well as other misc. jobs. This may be something that you are looking for, if it is just submit an application and we will get back with you.

-ZanderMan514

MuddledMuppet
  • MuddledMuppet

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

@ I4ith and bPINs

Look at my website: www.zandermanroleplays.weebly.com

Our Facebook: https://www.facebook...18473661573835

We have a whole clan of people that roleplay jobs in GTA IV and we will start October 1st with GTA V. We are a clan with a complete Police Department, Fire Department, EMS as well as other misc. jobs. This may be something that you are looking for, if it is just submit an application and we will get back with you.

-ZanderMan514

I had a quick look, damn shame you're on Xbox i'm on PS3 and woulda loved this kinda thang!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich alle.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:47 PM

...try and thwart heists

How about this...

instead of trying to ruin everyone else's fun, why not go play LCPD:FR and let those who want to rob do whatever they please, rather than be a nark?

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:54 PM

I wish there was an option to be a police officer on GTA:O and try and thwart heists :(

Rather than get paid in heists you get paid when you stop robberies etc... whether they are player ones or npc ones...

please make it so R*!!! 

Isn't Cops and Crooks-mode in GTA Online? :)

l4ith
  • l4ith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

there is?! OMG i so hope there is :p

but i wanna be a perma policeman :p

bPiNs
  • bPiNs

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

That's what I've read..

kopkiller666
  • kopkiller666

I kill Police Officers

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:59 PM Edited by kopkiller666, 23 September 2013 - 12:00 AM.

In san andreas online being a cop was the most fun job of all, chasing down other people and arresting them causing them to have to sit in a cell for a few minutes was cool.

By the way if you are a cop I'll be forced to kill you. For the devil.

Blacc94
  • Blacc94

G

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:16 AM

There should be undercover cops as well lol, I'd like that... But then I wouldn't like that.. Ya know?

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:58 AM

This would be an awesome feature as long as people actually played the role of a police officer and not a crooked troll cop. Going to the police station, picking your uniform, your cruiser, etc

l4ith
  • l4ith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

This would be an awesome feature as long as people actually played the role of a police officer and not a crooked troll cop. Going to the police station, picking your uniform, your cruiser, etc

YES exactly it would be so cool. You would get paid less for thwarting heists than the crooks get, but you could move up the ranks in the police dept :p and get new cruisers as you do! it would be awesome

and if you e.g. killed too many pedestrians/officers, you could get demoted and lose rep as a police officer 

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

YouTube a little game called APB:reloaded...now that's how you make a good cops vs robbers online game.
All they were missing to make it the best was the budget R* has.

LanOsb133
  • LanOsb133

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063436186

I have no shame.

EDDYHarris
  • EDDYHarris

한국어조선말

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

There would be police and military outfits for online players R* knows that there is numerous police and military clans out there. If not then there would be a DLC for just like in max payne 3.

SteveKeith
  • SteveKeith

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:12 PM

I was under the impression we could play as cops. This is what Cinema Blend says 

"Another Cops and Crooks mission seems really cool – a crook is assigned a task to assassinate another player who is online (could be either a cop or a criminal) and it's up to the cops to track him down and stop him.... Also, much like APB: Reloaded there is a sort of prestige meter for cops; if a cop does too terrible on a series of missions they'll be relegated to lowbie missions until they redeem themselves. 

(Side note: It looks like Rockstar really studied APB: Reloaded to see what worked and what doesn't and shaped their CnC mode around a lot of what actually works and works well in APB: Reloaded

Cops can also use the scanner to check license plates for stolen vehicles. If a player is driving a stolen vehicle a squad car may be assigned to arrest them. 

Cops also get a locker room where they can change their police clothes, it seems to suggest there are ranks for different outfits. 

Cops have a special mission where they are assigned to do "fetch" quests. The wording of the script appears to suggest that this is a low-level mission and maybe something assigned to a player of a low reputation. 

Cops also have "territories" to patrol. Patrolling the correct territory for crime will reward the cop; the wording suggests that this is similar to APB's Prestige system and the more the rules are followed the higher the rewards. 

Parsing through the rest of the file shows some missions that haven't been added or won't be used, as well as all the main mission scripts. 

Based on this file, majority of the multiplayer missions are centered around the Cops and Crooks mode, which makes sense given that the LCPD patrols are easily some of the most popular multiplayer “Let's Play” videos on YouTube for GTA IV. It only makes sense that Rockstar would introduce a similar mode like that as the primary focus of GTA Online. Based on the file structure it also looks like more activities could be added in, but the majority of the content is designed for CnC. "

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

in gta4 you could be cops in cops and crooks mode which had 2 versions.

cops vs crooks (everyone has one life)

cops vs crooks (who have a boss) and the game ends when boss dies.

they will have CNC in this game as it was already confirmed.

also GTA4 CNC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> APB reloaded

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

...try and thwart heists

How about this...

instead of trying to ruin everyone else's fun, why not go play LCPD:FR and let those who want to rob do whatever they please, rather than be a nark?

Contradiction to the max. 

Let these people do what they want as well. If they want to try and thwart the heist, who gives a damn. A good heist planner won't let them anyway. It's called back-up. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

You sing about breaking faces! LCHC!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

In san andreas online being a cop was the most fun job of all, chasing down other people and arresting them causing them to have to sit in a cell for a few minutes was cool.

By the way if you are a cop I'll be forced to kill you. For the devil.

Naw that was stupid in SAMP. The only way to kill a cop without getting arrested is pretty much camping on rooftops or trying to driveby him to death. Cops N Crooks and Witness Protection ftw.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:04 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 24 September 2013 - 07:04 PM.

please make it so R*!!! 

A mission, Battle Buddies, has been revealed where a player can call his or her friends to get a backup for a mission.

Multiple military and prison activities are also found in the game, one of which is to kill an army guy using a sniper. It is also said that the mission can be a part of the Cops and Crook mode.

Another Cops and Crooks mission requires a player to kill another online player, regardless if he/she is a thug or a cop, and it is up to the cops to track down the killer.

Other missions include stealing a boat, boarding another enemy boat, eliminating the enemy on the boat before the cops arrive, blowing up a strip club with the help of a car bomb and stealing cash if a player's safe house is attacked by other players.

Prestige metres for the cops are also available. If a cop performs terribly in a series of missions, then he would be given missions of lower levels. The cops will have a scanner which could identify stolen vehicles.

So if a player is riding on a stolen car, chances are that a police unit may be assigned to arrest him. It also seems that there are different uniforms for different ranks of police officers.

A player's role as a cop will be required in one of the activities to arrest other players in the game.

Majority of the missions are said to revolve around the cops in the game under the Cops and Crooks mode. Since the online version is yet to get released, more number of features and activities can be added in the game.

The 32 player or 16 player game-play is still under question and will only be revealed on 1 October 2013.

l4ith
  • l4ith

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

yes... yes... YES! 

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

All speculation and rumors, of which are pretty easy to make appear true considering GTA:O's launch is less hardly a week away. Don't get your dicks out yet.

ells144
  • ells144

i like franklin because of lamar

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:30 AM

they had a cop game mode in GTA IV but they could implement this into a heist.

there are 2 types of online modes sandbox where you can create share and play your own levels and modes, mission mode. i think sand box mode will have the cops n crooks but at a later stage, but i don't want to jump into any conclusions.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:48 AM

I was under the impression we could play as cops. This is what Cinema Blend says 

"Another Cops and Crooks mission seems really cool – a crook is assigned a task to assassinate another player who is online (could be either a cop or a criminal) and it's up to the cops to track him down and stop him.... Also, much like APB: Reloaded there is a sort of prestige meter for cops; if a cop does too terrible on a series of missions they'll be relegated to lowbie missions until they redeem themselves. 

(Side note: It looks like Rockstar really studied APB: Reloaded to see what worked and what doesn't and shaped their CnC mode around a lot of what actually works and works well in APB: Reloaded

Cops can also use the scanner to check license plates for stolen vehicles. If a player is driving a stolen vehicle a squad car may be assigned to arrest them. 

Cops also get a locker room where they can change their police clothes, it seems to suggest there are ranks for different outfits. 

Cops have a special mission where they are assigned to do "fetch" quests. The wording of the script appears to suggest that this is a low-level mission and maybe something assigned to a player of a low reputation. 

Cops also have "territories" to patrol. Patrolling the correct territory for crime will reward the cop; the wording suggests that this is similar to APB's Prestige system and the more the rules are followed the higher the rewards. 

Parsing through the rest of the file shows some missions that haven't been added or won't be used, as well as all the main mission scripts. 

Based on this file, majority of the multiplayer missions are centered around the Cops and Crooks mode, which makes sense given that the LCPD patrols are easily some of the most popular multiplayer “Let's Play” videos on YouTube for GTA IV. It only makes sense that Rockstar would introduce a similar mode like that as the primary focus of GTA Online. Based on the file structure it also looks like more activities could be added in, but the majority of the content is designed for CnC. "

Is this confirmed? Where did they get all this from? Seems too far fetched lol, would be amazing though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users