I just met another protagonist in free roam

29 replies to this topic
gtahoodlum
  • gtahoodlum

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

Hi

I read somewhere before that all three gta protagonists wont be able to be present in one area.... is it true or not?

just doing some gun shopping in hawick area with trevor and then I switched to michael while trevor was in the shop, and then I reached there with michael and I quickly hit D-pad right button accidently to browse for weapons I got into a hangout mission with trevor. What I didnt realize was that Trevor was still standing in the ammunation shop.

I am not sure whether It can be done again. I took a small video of them chatting an I took a screen shot of the game message which appeared (which was originally ignored by me).

here are pics of the location and game message

20130922_183922.jpg

20130922_183644.jpg

20130922_183837.jpg

I already searched the forum but in vain... :/

FiendJager666
  • FiendJager666

Your mom was my special someone last night.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

This happened to me kinda the other day. I was Michael and I parked a car in my garage right after a mission where Franklin walked off. I switched to Franklin and he was around the corner so I walked back to Mike's house and they started shooting the sh*t. Then I stole his car.....good friends.....

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

someone posted a vid with all 3 of them together in free roam .

redcoat93
  • redcoat93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Theres an achievment to hold a 3 star wanted rating with all 3 of them present...plus you can phone to hang out and do activities. They can be at the same place / same time.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

R* said it would be possible to meet the other protags roaming the city, but it would be quite rare to spot them. (Iirc this was asked in a Q&A)

I still haven't met myself.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

If you go to a certain area with a protag and then switch to another protag and go to where you left the first one, why wouldn't they still be in the area?

Nillus
  • Nillus

Nice New Tits btw

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

You can do all kinds of crazy sh*t with them. They'll also get 'spooked', they'll defend you and attack targets, enter your vehicle or operate one themselves and when you annoy them they'll meleekill you in one hit. :)

iownzz
  • iownzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

wonder what happens if you all meet together

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

wonder what happens if you all meet together

The same thing that happens when you only meet with one.  :/

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

This happened to me as well.

I was getting all weapons for the characters, and as Micheal, I stumbled upon Franklin outside Ammu-nation.

They then went to a bar and got pissed.

Fun times.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

Haha yeah, happened to me too. I was Franklin in the downtown area in a car, and parked up. Switched to Michael and went to the same spot and met him. And Frank said it's weird to see you here. Michael said the same. Then we hanged out and had a drink :D

Mystery_Gamer
  • Mystery_Gamer

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

The first time I made Michael and Franklin meet was pretty funny. I'd stolen a plane as Michael while in the desert and was flying back to the city, I switched to Franklin and he was walking out of the weed shop on the beach, so I switched back and set a waypoint for the beach.

As I flew over where Franklin was I switched to him, looked up and saw the plane just drop out of the sky. It was behind a building and I could hear it burning. The second it came into view Franklin said "fancy meeting you here" and they both had a little conversation while Michael struggled to crawl out of the burning plane. It exploded as we walked away to get drunk.
  • Ethereal_NYC likes this

Aly Zaroon
  • Aly Zaroon

Spammaster

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

I think other protag will knock you off if you follow him (it happens to me when i was following michael as trevor :p

HappyFarmerKit
  • HappyFarmerKit

Maybe we're just sleepwalking.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:55 AM

The first time I made Michael and Franklin meet was pretty funny. I'd stolen a plane as Michael while in the desert and was flying back to the city, I switched to Franklin and he was walking out of the weed shop on the beach, so I switched back and set a waypoint for the beach.

As I flew over where Franklin was I switched to him, looked up and saw the plane just drop out of the sky. It was behind a building and I could hear it burning. The second it came into view Franklin said "fancy meeting you here" and they both had a little conversation while Michael struggled to crawl out of the burning plane. It exploded as we walked away to get drunk.

I was smiling the whole time I was reading this comment. Then I read the very last sentence and burst out laughing.  :lol:

Lol, that's seriously awesome. I might have to try this.  :^:

• Mystery_Gamer likes this

Skyline_Mad
  • Skyline_Mad

supercalifragilistic when we drop we go ballistic

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

I have done it a few times, but trying to get all 3 together to go drinking (without calling first) didn't work, i had trevor at his place in vespucci, michael across the road, and got franklin to do the talking, walked up to mike and he just stood there not even noticing frank, so went to trevor and they agreed to go for some drinks, then went back to michael and he still didn't notice his friends standing there lol. He got in his car and tried to drive away, but frank was blocking him, and all of a sudden i could hear a clown horn repeating over and over again, it took me a few seconds to realise it was michaels car haha, i forgot i installed that a while back. Anyway, from a video i watched yesterday i think to get all 3 together you have to do it through the phone and meet up with both of them, unless my plan should have worked but was bugged at that moment. 

baboultr
  • baboultr

Grove Street

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:57 AM

Yes but don't follow them otherwise you get this LOL

carnage.
  • carnage.

What color do you bleed?

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

I found Trevor as Franklin and Trevor said "Bro, you almost snuck up on me... almost.". Then he asked if I wanted to hang out. We went to see a movie and he b*tched about it after, then I dropped him off.

Dead At 4pm
  • Dead At 4pm

Yeah i know...but whatever.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

Last night i managed to get all three of them together by making them all catch taxis to just outside the military base.

We all then jumped in an SUV and went inside to cause some trouble. Got an achievement for fighting together with a wanted level for a certain amount of time.

Crav3
  • Crav3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

I met micheal as Franklin driving around once. He got of his car and I got of mine. They had a short conversation and he walked away. I got in my car and ran him over lol. Switched to micheal and he wa at the hospital. I switched back to Franklin and lost $800 and got a text from Michael saying he charged the hospital bills on me lol

Mystery_Gamer
  • Mystery_Gamer

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

HappyFarmerKit, on 23 Sept 2013 - 01:55 AM, said:

Mystery_Gamer, on 23 Sept 2013 - 01:33 AM, said:

I was smiling the whole time I was reading this comment. Then I read the very last sentence and burst out laughing.  :lol:

Lol, that's seriously awesome. I might have to try this.  :^:

Thank you. It was pretty awesome, especially as it was the first time i made them meet in free roam. I only wish i could have recorded it to put on youtube.

I wonder what other kind of crazy meetings i can make between them.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Yea I once saw Michael driving by and I was Franklin.

Just a few hours ago I stole F620 (the car I have been finding ever since I got the game) as michael but wanted Franklin to have it as Los Santos Customs is free for him, so I called him to hang out, After hanging out I made Michael abandon the car and run away, switched to Franklin and took his car. 

Drove all the way to LS customs and customized it fully and saved it in my garage.

THEREALRIK
  • THEREALRIK

REAL RECOGNIZE REAL

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

i was franklin and called up trevor to hang out. after hanging out, i dropped him off and then switched to trevor and walked back to franklin, switched back to franklin then ran over trevor lmao.

after a few minutes i got a text from trevor saying i should pay his hospital bills and i lost 5 grand from it.lol

roiegat
  • roiegat

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yesterday I was doing stunt jumps with Franklin and ran into Trevor.  We ended up going to a bar to drink, then I dropped him at another bar.

Démotrix
  • Démotrix

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:12 PM

There's a trophy/achievement for surviving 3-star wanted level with all protags at one time. You have to call them to hang out. It's possible to meet other protags and it's not a cheat.

dec1337
  • dec1337

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

If you set a waypoint on one character, then swap to another character, then as long as the character with the waypoint is in a vehicle they will drive (like a pedestrian, stopping at red lights) to the waypoint while you're not playing them. It's an awesome feature, try it out :)

• Ethereal_NYC likes this

HappyFarmerKit
  • HappyFarmerKit

Maybe we're just sleepwalking.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

Thank you. It was pretty awesome, especially as it was the first time i made them meet in free roam. I only wish i could have recorded it to put on youtube.

I wonder what other kind of crazy meetings i can make between them.

No problem! Do you think you'd ever be able to do it again? If you do, and you record it, please feel free to share the video. It'd be amazing to see. :D 

I've made two characters meet at least five or six times so far since it's easy (and fun) to do, but I've yet to try anything wild and cool like that. 

Gormly
  • Gormly

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:04 PM

Yeah... It's called hanging out with the other characters... Of course it can be done again...

Police24
  • Police24

Vice City Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Thats awesome!!! I was wondering if it was possible to bump into any of the other characters that you weren't controlling!

Police24
  • Police24

Vice City Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Is it possible to "hang out" with the other 2 at the same time?

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle car rule

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

I played as Michael and drove to his garage and then switched to Franklin and drove to Michaels garage with the Buffalo then switched to Michael and stole the Buffalo customized it and gave it to Trevor good times :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users