» «
Photo

GTA 5 Does this happen on your GTA?

7 replies to this topic
Edde799
  • Edde799

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:21 AM Edited by Edde799, 22 September 2013 - 03:23 PM.

1. When bailing from a plane the plane will freeze when it gets too far from the player. It will resume falling once that player gets closer.

2. Cars spawning in front of you.

3. Michael's TV volume not working.

4. NPC cars driving through walls.

5. Going into snapmatic sometimes freezes your console.

6. Xbox Notifications dropping your framerate for a split second.

7.Same type of cars keep spawning, very little variety. 

Heisenberg27
  • Heisenberg27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:50 PM

1. This has happened to me once or twice but not everytime.

2. Haven't had this issue

3. I have the same issue with the volume on Michaels tv.

4. Haven't had this issue.

5. Haven't had this issue although because the snapmatic feature runs through social club it's not surprising that you have this issue because it has an insane amount of traffic right now so bare with it.

6. I have a PS3

7. This is my biggest issue with the game right now actually. I made my own topic post just 20 minutes ago about this.

balmung03
  • balmung03

bawlz in the baygz

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

1. Never seen this happen.

2. Besides looking behind me and then seeing a car that wasn't there before when I resume looking forward, never seen cars just pop into existence in front of my eyes.  And the example I gave of looking behind you while driving and seeing magic cars appear when you look back forward is something I've seen in every GTA game I've played, from GTAIII through GTAV, and all the non-numerical sequels in between.

3. Only TV I've used is Trevor's, and I don't think I tried the volume, it was just an instinctual response to the notification and after changing between the two offered channels, I shut it off.

4. Through walls, no.  Into walls, yes; but collision detection seems to be working well in my game.

5. Only tried Snapmatic once outside of a mission, and since it was before Social Club was fixed, I haven't seen this yet; however, Heisenberg27 makes a good point about the traffic now that it's up.

6. Haven't had this issue on PS3, though the hardware in the console is the likely cause of that.  PS3 just handles multiple calculations and rendering better than the 360.  Seems like something they could fix in a patch though, and you can change the delay between notifications in your settings (not sure how often you get them, but there is an option to set the delay between them to up to '1 hour'; I assume it's 1 hour in-game time).

7. Again, that's part of the game and something that's been there from GTAIII onward; perhaps before, but 3 is the first GTA I played.  It cuts down on the system strain.  All cars belong to a 'group', and when driving a car you'll see that the other vehicles on the road predominantly come from the same vehicle group.  PC mods can change this (though impossible since there's no PC version for V, but SA had one I'm aware of).  Check out some driveways in Vinewood for a decent racing car (I'm partial to the Comet, been one of my favorites since Vice City), and make sure you always have one in a garage for each character so you have access to one if you need it.  If it's not a speedy car, and not a diesel-powered big rig, most every other car can do well enough in whatever role you need it for.

Heisenberg27
  • Heisenberg27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

Balmung03 I've also been playing GTA ever since 3 as well so I know how the vehicle system works and I understand that there will be times where the same vehicles will spawn together and will sometimes have constant spawns. BUT the issue for GTA V is that throughout the entire map the same exact set of about 3 or 4 different cars are constantly spawning. I understand rare cars won't be seen often but almost every car never appears anymore outside of those same 3 or 4. And I drive all over the map. Just today for the first time I saw a Futo but only one. It's not normal even for GTA I promise you.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

1: Nope

2: Had this happen 2 times, but the last time was several days ago.

3: Haven't tried it. I don't normally watch a video game character watch TV unless Michael was already doing that when I switched to him.

4: Haven't ever seen this one; it's news to me.

5: Nope.

6: I don't usually have the internet connected when playing this game.

7: I've seen this occasionally for like 30 minutes. It usually sorts itself out later on.

I'd like to add:

8: When taking the tram, you will be unable to move if you ride it for more than one stop. You can pull up the map and the phone, but you can't get off the train nor switch characters.

Edde799
  • Edde799

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

Damn, this sucks. Hope they fix a majority of these issues if not all of them in the next patch. The plane glitch is really getting to me as I fly planes all the time and love bailing from them. The freezing of the planes is really ruining it for me. 

rgangsta
  • rgangsta

THE OPERATOR

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:06 AM Edited by rgangsta, 24 September 2013 - 06:07 AM.

1. When bailing from a plane the plane will freeze when it gets too far from the player. It will resume falling once that player gets closer.

2. Cars spawning in front of you.

3. Michael's TV volume not working.

4. NPC cars driving through walls.

5. Going into snapmatic sometimes freezes your console.

6. Xbox Notifications dropping your framerate for a split second.

7.Same type of cars keep spawning, very little variety.

1. Nope

2. Once, yesterday.

3. Nope.

4. Never. That sounds interesting.

5. Nope.

6. Well there's you problem. XBOX.

7. Once. Two days ago when I met this guy who invited me to a street race. Once I entered a car, every car in the world was that car.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:21 AM Edited by BuyMeTheMoon, 24 September 2013 - 07:22 AM.

My console has frozen a couple of times using snapmatic. And when it doesn't, I'm not able to save the photos anyway. Guess it is the traffic :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users