21 replies to this topic
GTAfreak58
  • GTAfreak58

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

GTA V?
Story 1; The Problem and Plan
I'm really hoping to get GTA V because I've been waiting for it for so long, and I've played it and its a lot of fun. But, there's one minor setback. My mom doesn't want me to ask for it. I know this because one day she was on Facebook and she said, in abnoxious tone "Grand Theft Auto..." and then she followed it up by saying " I hope you or your brother don't ask for it." I said " We'll I don't even want the game." But I was lying to her and myself. I want this game so bad and I don't want to miss out on such a fun experience when all my friends have it and keep telling me how fun it is. I want the game badly. I really want to ask for it for Christmas, but Im not sure :/. My mom would be mad if I asked for it. I can't just let it slide though. Maybe I can save up about 60 bucks and ask her to go to GameStop and then look at it and say "I bet you won't let me get it right?" Maybe, just maybe, she world say "fine" or "alright" it's risky, but I can take a chance. I'll do anything for this game.
Story 2; Why?
My mom doesn't want me to get the game because its too violent and it's all about the drugs, and the women, and yada-yada. But me, I don't want the game for that stuff. I want to explore the awesome city and the awesome open country and the mountains. It's truly amazing. Also, I want to drive the cool cars and race through the city streets and collect the cars and take 'em for a spin. I just want to live in the GTA world and get new houses and buy new things and just walk around and explore the lives of Michael, Franklin, and Trevor, and even my own self. For me, it isn't about the drugs and the women, and the violence, it's about the city, the country, and just the overall experience. That's what I want my mom to know.
Story 3; The Point
The point Im trying to get across is that I want this game and want my Mom to know that my intentions aren't bad in this game. I want her to know that this game will not rub off on me because not any game does. I'm a high honor roll student and Im in the advanced program and Im a very peaceful person. I've never got into a fight or done any violent act. This game is only for my entertainment and enjoyment. I just want my mom to know but I don't know how or when to tell her. My point I'm trying to get across is that I want Gta V and not have a problem with my mom about it.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

I'm really hoping to get GTA V because I've been waiting for it for so long, and I've played it and its a lot of fun. But, there's one minor setback. My mom doesn't want me to ask for it

You said you played it and then you're saying your mom doesn't want you to ask for it? How does that work out?

Anyways, if you want it, (I'm still having doubts about the point which I quoted but anyways) tell her that GTA has taken a step back and it's only a driving game now. Start the game skip the cutscene, mute the audio and drive around in the first mission. When she's not in the room while you are playing just do the missions and stuff. That is your best bet.

Ryujin.
  • Ryujin.

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:36 AM

No offense, but tl;dr. Only read a few parts.

First, you really won't be able to buy V if you're around 12 and you have a strict mother. I'm 13 and my mom allows me to play whatever I like(and I'm thankful).

Second, do what Ace said. Do your best to convince your mother that there isn't any killing anymore. Once you've convinced here in success, I would like to ask: Where is your TV and PS3/X360 placed? If it's at your room, no problem. Just use headphones so that your mom won't hear you shooting. Lock your door. If she knocks, turn off the TV, or say "Wait a minute" and save your game. Once you have saved the game, play another game that isn't GTA-ish.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

Oh Doge, how can an AP student have such sh*tty English skills? 

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

Just explain to her (honestly) why you want GTA V, explain to her that you think you're mature enough to play it without it rubbing off on you, and explain that you'll pay for it. Don't try to back it up with some ass smoke about how violent games don't inspire violence, and don't force her into the situation like you plan to do, she'd probably be pissed if you did.

My mom was the same way with San Andreas; luckily my parents were divorced, so my dad bought it for me and I played at his house. You might also try that if possible. :colgate:

Zugzwang
  • Zugzwang

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:35 AM

Try to convince your mom to get it for you, if that fails give a trusted, over 17 year old friend, 60$ and have him buy it for you.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

I think you need to improve your English skills first, because the word 'Doge' in your post makes absolutely no sense at all.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

I think you need to improve your English skills first, because the word 'Doge' in your post makes absolutely no sense at all.

Don't insult our Lord and Savior Doge, okay? He died so you and I could enjoy this forum, and I will not abide your slanders. 

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:50 AM Edited by lil weasel, 22 September 2013 - 11:51 AM.

Don't insult our Lord and Savior Doge, okay? He died so you and I could enjoy this forum, and I will not abide your slanders. 

1. Doge is a slang term for “dog”  The use of the misspelled word “doge” to refer to a dog dates back to June 24th, 2005, http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doge
  2. The last doge was Ludovico Manin, who abdicated in 1797, when Venice passed under the power of Napoleon's France following his conquest of the city.
  3. Doge: Acronym for: "Deficiency Of Goddamn Everything", quoted from the Mac Hall Comics.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:14 PM

Need to wait an appropriate age to play then man. You need to respect your parents choice in preserving some sort of goodness in you.

Janky
  • Janky

More about nothing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Story 2; Why?
My mom doesn't want me to get the game because its too violent and it's all about the drugs, and the women, and yada-yada. But me, I don't want the game for that stuff. I want to explore the awesome city and the awesome open country and the mountains. It's truly amazing.

Story 3; The Point
The point Im trying to get across is that I want this game and want my Mom to know that my intentions aren't bad in this game. I want her to know that this game will not rub off on me because not any game does. I'm a high honor roll student and Im in the advanced program and Im a very peaceful person.

I'll go with what GunWrath said, wait till you're the appropriate age. Your intentions may not be killing and f*cking hookers, but if you're gonna play the game you will come across that stuff sooner or later. 

Also yea, the game probably won't "rub" off on you, but it's still a bad influence. Normally people who go on killing rampages in real life after playing video games had something wrong with them far before they ever picked up that controller. The game is just a trigger... sh*t happens when you have psychological problems. 

I've been playing GTA since I was probably 13, and I never killed a hooker or did drugs. But I will say out of all the GTA's in the series, Five is the worst. It's rated Mature for a reason. Just listen to your patents man and take GunWrath's advice. Show them a little respect and prove to them that you're mature enough to play a game like this. 

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

It's ok you can get your own back on her when she's old and needy, by pushing her down the stairs.

See, old people's hips are brittle, they should break nice and good. 

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

1. Doge is a slang term for “dog”  The use of the misspelled word “doge” to refer to a dog dates back to June 24th, 2005, http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/doge
  2. The last doge was Ludovico Manin, who abdicated in 1797, when Venice passed under the power of Napoleon's France following his conquest of the city.
  3. Doge: Acronym for: "Deficiency Of Goddamn Everything", quoted from the Mac Hall Comics.

I'm well acquainted with your weasel kind, and quite frankly, I don't want to hear it. Your kind had done nothing but sh*t on the name of Doge.  

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

Quit being a puss and if the bitch says no, give her a slap across the face. That'll show her who's boss.

NAME CHANGE LOL
  • NAME CHANGE LOL

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:01 PM

Don't you have like, cool uncles or older cousins? Branch out man, don't have to rely on yer mum for everything.

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• Unknown
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

N58F6qM.jpg

I'll be your "cool uncle".

• Moonshield likes this

NAME CHANGE LOL
  • NAME CHANGE LOL

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

I wouldn't really call it making love... more like the shame spear... of hurt.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:27 PM

Quit being a puss and if the bitch says no, give her a slap across the face. That'll show her who's boss.

word.
bitches be constantly trippin'

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

No offense, but tl;dr. Only read a few parts.

First, you really won't be able to buy V if you're around 12 and you have a strict mother. I'm 13 and my mom allows me to play whatever I like(and I'm thankful).

Second, do what Ace said. Do your best to convince your mother that there isn't any killing anymore. Once you've convinced here in success, I would like to ask: Where is your TV and PS3/X360 placed? If it's at your room, no problem. Just use headphones so that your mom won't hear you shooting. Lock your door. If she knocks, turn off the TV, or say "Wait a minute" and save your game. Once you have saved the game, play another game that isn't GTA-ish.

No offense, but you're lazy. That's all.

Rowlers
  • Rowlers

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

Tell her she's a bitch, slap her round the face, grad her ID rob 60 bucks and go buy it.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Well she has the right to deny you the game because you're a minor. As much as I hate to say it (I REALLY do), I say good on your mom for respecting the esrb ratings system. I say that because it shows that she cares a lot about what you're exposed to and that you mean a lot to her. A lot of parents are apathetic and don't really mind the rating. That's not to say I'm completely against parents buying their underage kids M-rated games, I think that's kinda cool also.

I remember I was 10 when Vice City came out and my parents were strongly opposed to letting me buy it. I didn't get to own my first GTA game until I was 17 because then I had my license and could legally buy it myself. However, I did play the series rather obsessively at my friends' and cousin's houses.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

I'm really hoping to get GTA V because I've been waiting for it for so long, and I've played it and its a lot of fun. But, there's one minor setback. My mom doesn't want me to ask for it[/size]

.[/size]

You said you played it and then you're saying your mom doesn't want you to ask for it? How does that work out?

Anyways, if you want it, (I'm still having doubts about the point which I quoted but anyways) tell her that GTA has taken a step back and it's only a driving game now. Start the game skip the cutscene, mute the audio and drive around in the first mission. When she's not in the room while you are playing just do the missions and stuff. That is your best bet.

He most likely played it at a friend's house. Good advice here though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users