Photo

Vapid dominator, where to buy?

15 replies to this topic
ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:11 AM

I can't seem to find them on the internet for sale. Am I able to buy one?

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

Bump. Would like to buy one for my garage.

BlackTiger999
  • BlackTiger999

Swedish Police Unit

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:07 AM Edited by BlackTiger999, 22 September 2013 - 06:08 AM.

I've done a quick research and what I've found is that they spawn near Franklins first safe house or around the rich area where Michaels mansion is located.
The following might work as well: Cell Phone -> internet -> click transport -> select site -> click vehicle and buy.

ajrunke
  • ajrunke

I'm on a boat!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

I've done a quick research and what I've found is that they spawn near Franklins first safe house or around the rich area where Michaels mansion is located.
The following might work as well: Cell Phone -> internet -> click transport -> select site -> click vehicle and buy.

Yeah, I've found them here and there...quite infrequently which is good. I hate having dozens of the top tier vehicles roaming the streets because it just takes away the exclusivity of the cars. Now, I wish the supercars were exclusive. I see those all over the roads.

I actually want to buy one and have it tied to my garage (which will probably glitch and I'll lose either way); however, it's not listed under the vehicle websites. That's kinda what I was hoping to figure out. Maybe it unlocks later on the websites? I doubt it though, seeing as how the vehicles that aren't available are listed as "out of stock". Maybe you just aren't able to buy it?

Puffmanny
  • Puffmanny

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Man I wish I knew where to get one of these things, if you look at my old threads ive spent over 30+ hours looking for this thing im constantly jus driving around looking, I see bentlys lambos corvettes gt40's and all these super cars regularly, where are the mustangs?...and don't even get me started on the chargers I see them at every traffic light it pisses me off.

Bluesun62
  • Bluesun62

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:12 PM

I too had been looking for one. Franklin needs to complete the first "strangers and freaks" mission which is a street race where one of the cars in the race is the Dominator. Once I won the race the Dominators were everywhere. It is Strangers and Freaks 1 of 3 on Franklins map.

JohnGazman
  • JohnGazman

We Heistin'

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, I've found them here and there...quite infrequently which is good. I hate having dozens of the top tier vehicles roaming the streets because it just takes away the exclusivity of the cars. Now, I wish the supercars were exclusive. I see those all over the roads.

I actually want to buy one and have it tied to my garage (which will probably glitch and I'll lose either way); however, it's not listed under the vehicle websites. That's kinda what I was hoping to figure out. Maybe it unlocks later on the websites? I doubt it though, seeing as how the vehicles that aren't available are listed as "out of stock". Maybe you just aren't able to buy it?

You can't buy the Dominator, it doesn't unlock at any point during the course of the game. It's a roaming only car.

Trebelhornc
  • Trebelhornc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

Hello all. I have had the EXACT same problem with about 4 days worth of playing (not game time) and I could NOT find one. But i have found the answer to our problems. Listen up kitties this stuff's important.

Okay here's the scoop. The way Gta vehicle spawning engine works is it spawns similar vehicles to the on you are currently driving (still based around what kind of neighborhood you're in though). I found my Dominator in the parking lot where the Grove Street Garage is located. Though I found it while driving the Chevy Camero equivalent (I don't know what it's called in game).  To find the Dominator, if you're driving the equivalent to the Camero, your chances of spotting/activating the spawn, is MUCH GREATER. Also, it will help to drive any muscle car as well if you cannot find the Camero equivalent. Good luck to you all.

All the best,

Cole T.

P.S. I have attached the location to find the equivalent of the Chevy Camero which will increase your chances of finding the 'stang!! CAM00260.jpgCAM00261.jpgCAM00266.jpg

NickStone
  • NickStone

My member doesn't have a title.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by NickStone, 25 September 2013 - 03:39 PM.

I thought that the Dominator not showing up was a glitch, because when I first started the game, more than half the vehicles in the game didn't show up (they didn't show up till I launched a new game from the existing one). But in all that time, the Dominator only appeared ONCE, during my first game, at the very beginning, spawned randomly on the streets. I drove it for 20 seconds thinking I'd get the chance to drive it again later, but that never happened. You know how it is when you first start a new game for the first time, ya wanna drive every car ya see! Had I known it would be the only time I'd see it, I woulda done my best to keep it.

I know that certain cars will spawn other cars, and I've been doing that for a while now, focusing on using the Buccaneer, Picador, Voodoo, Tornado and so on, but without luck.

I'll try the advice given in the last post, to use a Gauntlet (I didn't know the name of it either, till I got the strategy guide) - f you cant find one, you can buy one online for $32,000.

I'm in full agreement that seeing the high-end cars all the time makes it lose its luster...but the "higher-end" cars are still exclusive, so at least we have that... and being that Vinewood is what it is, we can't expect to not see sports cars all over the place. :)

• archivefever likes this

NickStone
  • NickStone

My member doesn't have a title.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

After playing through a bit longer, I found that the Dominator was "unlocked" into random traffic during one of Devin whatsisname's missions where you have to

Spoiler
Ever since then the Dominator has shown up in regular traffic.

V911@R6V2
  • V911@R6V2

Holds A Grudge

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

EXCLUSIVITY? As soon as you get in WHATEVER car you get in... EVERYONE and their Mother, And their Mother's Mother, and close friends and family, and friends of friends of friends are ALL driving the same car! So tell me, where is the EXCLUSIVITY in that?

V911@R6V2
  • V911@R6V2

Holds A Grudge

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 04:00 PM

You cannot purchase the Vapid Dominator. Does anyone have any insight as to what other vehicles will spawn the Vapid Dominator (Story Mode.) I.E. If anyone happens to have a Vapid Dominator (Story Mode,) could you please drive it around and tell us what other cars are on the road, what other cars you come across the most. My guess is, if you drive those cars around, whether you can purchase them or not, you may start seeing the Vapid Dominator. I read one post where someone said, a Ruiner. As far as On-Line, When I drive around in a Vapid Dominator, I see the following... Dinka Blista Compact, Karin Asterope Sedan, Cheval Fugitive Sedan, Gallivanter Baller SUV, Fathom FQ2 SUV, Bravado Gresley SUV and a Canis Mesa SUV. The only one of those which is available for purchase is the Gallivanter Baller SUV. 

Archetype13
  • Archetype13

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:13 PM

I see Dominators often no matter what I drive in online, however, I see them EVERYWHERE if I drive a Sentinel XS around. I'm guessing they are considered to be in the same vehicle tier.

twannie1997
  • twannie1997

PS3 Stronk

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:41 PM

You cannot purchase the Vapid Dominator. Does anyone have any insight as to what other vehicles will spawn the Vapid Dominator (Story Mode.) I.E. If anyone happens to have a Vapid Dominator (Story Mode,) could you please drive it around and tell us what other cars are on the road, what other cars you come across the most. My guess is, if you drive those cars around, whether you can purchase them or not, you may start seeing the Vapid Dominator. I read one post where someone said, a Ruiner. As far as On-Line, When I drive around in a Vapid Dominator, I see the following... Dinka Blista Compact, Karin Asterope Sedan, Cheval Fugitive Sedan, Gallivanter Baller SUV, Fathom FQ2 SUV, Bravado Gresley SUV and a Canis Mesa SUV. The only one of those which is available for purchase is the Gallivanter Baller SUV. 

Did you really have to bump this topic from the grave? Was it worth it? No and no.

Wug
  • Wug

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:39 PM Edited by Wesinator, 14 December 2013 - 07:39 PM.

Did you really have to bump this topic from the grave? Was it worth it? No and no.

and you're posts are not worth to read. FOCK just wasted my time.

OT - I see nominators left and right near Grove St.

Militia
  • Militia

Unique/Proof/EC Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

Dominators are also gone in my game.  The only time you can get one basically is replaying the mission "The Wrap Up."  Even then, after Patch 1.07, your possibilities are slim to none.  Rockstar royally destroyed car spawns after 1.07.

Ruiner and Dominator are completely deleted from the code of the game for my game basically.  I've did my research to obtain these, tried every way possible and you just cannot get it until one decided to spawn on the road which for my game, and some other's games, it's like a 1% chance of happening at this time.  Patch 1.07 ruined the game for me basically and the patch was supposed to only deal with online bullsh*t, not single player.  In single player, however, bullet proof tires keep going away, the plates say ALAN    0.  Worst Patch to date and Rockstar deserves all the negativity possible, f*ck 'em.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users