Photo

Play Stocks Market like a pro

98 replies to this topic
cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:52 PM Edited by cswood, 26 September 2013 - 10:20 PM.

Re: Hidden Packages Instead of wasting all that time going all over the map to get the hidden packages why not just exploit one of the respawning underwater breifcases that nets you 9-12k in the time it takes to switch characters over and over again?

1. I don't like to abuse the glitch2. Collects all hidden packages go towards 100% completion(unless you dont care)3. While traveling around you will encounter heaps of random events(including the kid with stolen bike) and Armored Truck
 Well lucky for me I have no problem with exploiting the glitch. I figure if it's in the game and doesn't require a cheat it's fair game. I started a new game and used your tip about the boat with the scuba gear and got both Michael and Franklin in position and in about an hour racked up $4 million for each of them. I've only just completed the Jewel Heist so I don't know how much return I am going to get on the combied $8 million bucks I racked up. And as per your advice I'm still going to wait until I've completed the main story and then do the assassination missions so I can invest each player's $30+ million bucks in the stock market and see just how much of a return I can.

When I tried this before my character kept swimming away from the respawn site, so I had to keep swimming around to pick up the money. Took me an hour to make £1m. Is there a quicker way?

So far I've only done this once (I'll try to do it again just see if I just got lucky or not) but when I did it they only drifted a bit from the case, never outright swam away from it whenever I switched back. I did this as soon as I was able to switch between Mike and Frank when I started replaying the game a second time.

I'm more than halfway through the game so I'll try it again and see if that has anything to do with it. I also made a separate save just after I had gotten them up to $4 mill each so I'll load that save and try the trick again there too.

EDIT: For those that don't know there are more than just 2 briefcases from what I've learned, and they all contain different amounts ($25, $20, $11 and $9 from what I've seen). And don't quick-save when you do this, just wait until you're done then save.

Here's the $25,000 one:

Here's the $20,000 one:

Myrten
  • Myrten

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:36 PM

Can anyone tell me when Vangelico stocks go up again? I've bought them after Jewel Store heist but now I'm after Merryweather Heist and Vangelico is still down.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Can anyone tell me when Vangelico stocks go up again? I've bought them after Jewel Store heist but now I'm after Merryweather Heist and Vangelico is still down.

My guess would be after online drops. Right now the store front says closed for refrubishing, and I really find it weird that you can't buy jewelry in single player besides earrings. If they don't change anything in single player when online comes out I'll be pretty disappointed.

Myrten
  • Myrten

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

My guess would be after online drops. Right now the store front says closed for refrubishing, and I really find it weird that you can't buy jewelry in single player besides earrings. If they don't change anything in single player when online comes out I'll be pretty disappointed.

I've meant Vangelico stocks on LCN offline stock exchange going up not actual stores opening :D

Few guides say that they should go up some time after jewel store heist but it's not happening in my game.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

I've meant Vangelico stocks on LCN offline stock exchange going up not actual stores opening :D

Few guides say that they should go up some time after jewel store heist but it's not happening in my game.

Yeah, I was thinking maybe the shops would open when online drops and then the stocks would start rising again.

Myrten
  • Myrten

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

Yeah, I was thinking maybe the shops would open when online drops and then the stocks would start rising again.

Vangelico is on offline stock exchange so it's only affected by offline in-game events.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

Vangelico is on offline stock exchange so it's only affected by offline in-game events.

Yeah, like the store opening again. Not saying they'll change anything for single player when online comes, but they might.

richard1997jones
  • richard1997jones

Welsh Boy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

Maze bank was said to be untouchable after the big one but what about liberty bank.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

When you decide on your approach for the last gold mission one of the notes on the wall says it will basically inflate share prices so i woud imagine there's several shares which would be worth investing in.

ALso, with regard to the radio, i've noticed tht if i hear a message about something stock related, it's usually repeated in the news section of the GTinternet the next day or so, but rises can take anything from a few hours of watching to days (in-game).

Other stocks may increase a bit but Gold Coast is the one that goes up a lot. I tested it a few times now, and I never noticed any other stocks increasingly notably. There were changes but not big enough that I could attribute the change to the Heist rather than random changes. Gold Coast definitely goes up a lot though, and after the Heist, this is explained on the radio as being because gold is anti-inflationary and housing is very inflationary-based, so the drop in value/safety of gold caused the value/safety of real estate to increase.

Also, the News Headlines on Exchange seem to be from a big pool which is generated after X amount of story missions. If you save and re-load and re-load over and over, the News changes. But it's always the same 10 or 15 stories. I've tested this probably 50 times or so, and whenever I test at a certain point, it's always the same stories. And I never notice any real quick price change.

I think the game randomly creates a bunch of pools of stories (e.g. 5 pools of 10 stories each) and maybe every 20% of the game, it changes. And the only way to make money is to buy the stock based on the news the moment it starts, and I've found no reliable and natural gameplay way to know this.

I tried very hard because on my 1st game, Vanilla Unicorn went up lots after T took over, so on my 2nd game, I invested lots in it, and it went down 4% after 10 missions or so. And I tried very hard to keep re-loading News, etc at different points to seem if I could find positive news for VU... and after T bought it, it was ALWAYS 'bad news for VU' headline whenever it did appear... finally after 9 or 10 missions, I got good news for VU... and stock hasn't went up yet.

The only natural way I've found to make money really is either the L missions (which are a little bit cheating since there's no way to know how to invest before the mission), you need to re-load and then invest...

Or in the few Missions that affect stocks (e.g. Heists affect Vangelico, Cluckinbell) or the Molly mission affected FlyUSA... and these are the most natural and non-cheating because if you're a 1st time player, it involves ZERO re-loading to recognize this... just buy low/sell high common sense.

Everything else I've found feels a bit too much like I'm abusing reloads to figure out how to invest :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users