Photo

Play Stocks Market like a pro

98 replies to this topic
rjhsteel2001
  • rjhsteel2001

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

Re: Hidden Packages Instead of wasting all that time going all over the map to get the hidden packages why not just exploit one of the respawning underwater breifcases that nets you 9-12k in the time it takes to switch characters over and over again?

1. I don't like to abuse the glitch2. Collects all hidden packages go towards 100% completion(unless you dont care)3. While traveling around you will encounter heaps of random events(including the kid with stolen bike) and Armored Truck
 Well lucky for me I have no problem with exploiting the glitch. I figure if it's in the game and doesn't require a cheat it's fair game. I started a new game and used your tip about the boat with the scuba gear and got both Michael and Franklin in position and in about an hour racked up $4 million for each of them. I've only just completed the Jewel Heist so I don't know how much return I am going to get on the combied $8 million bucks I racked up. And as per your advice I'm still going to wait until I've completed the main story and then do the assassination missions so I can invest each player's $30+ million bucks in the stock market and see just how much of a return I can.

When I tried this before my character kept swimming away from the respawn site, so I had to keep swimming around to pick up the money. Took me an hour to make £1m. Is there a quicker way?

mikekolesar
  • mikekolesar

I LIKE KUMQUATS W/O THE QUATS

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

I finished the campaign with only 15m a character and am 90% completed. Since I have almost everything completed, it is impossible for me to gain easy money like this I guess.

satchboogie
  • satchboogie

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:06 AM

How many people have stock in Flyus that is actually worth anything?  I'm nearing the final heist and Flyus is bottoming out right now at about $2 while AirEmu has been steadily rising ($49 now).  Should I invest at some point in flyus or is it just not going to happen in my game?

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

What about radio stations. I think the more people that listens to a certain channel the more it will rise. If we all agree to listen to the one station then that stock should rise. 

PeePs234
  • PeePs234

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:59 AM

Wouldn't really call it trading like a pro. Its a form of cheating essentially.

Cheating, trading, tomato, tomahto. It's like trading with insider information with no repercussions.

It's not trading with insider info, it's trading with a time machine.

Codra9
  • Codra9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:51 AM Edited by Codra9, 24 September 2013 - 06:01 AM.

quit crying bout the save or reload. and take the dudes advice. dont do any lester missions with franklin until you have a few million and you'll triple or quadruple it'll find yourself wanting to reload and save all the time with how easy you can lose your cars. and miss management missions

plus it really aint a big deal, cause you

MarkLT451
  • MarkLT451

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:47 AM

Ok this is how the stocks are working in my game.

That Graph that is to the left of each stock when you visit the individual stocks page is worthless. It never reflects what the stock actually does. Life invader for example, Shows a high of 127 for me and is down to about 60 and has stayed around 60 for at least 2 weeks in game time. However the graph has always showed peaks and valleys even though, as I said its been at 60 for like 2 in game weeks. Its like that for every in game stock. Both the LC and Bawsaq stocks graphs are borked and don't even come close to reflecting what the stock actually does.

The stock prices are totally random it seems. I'm pretty sure it uses a random number generator to determine values at the start of the game and then depending on in game actions/events raises and lowers from whatever their starting values were. Example. In my first play through ARk was worth 300 dollars a share, reason I noticed this particular stock is because of the bike guy giving you the 100k worth of shares. On my second play through, ARK was only worth 45 bucks a share. I thought maybe it would go up to 300 once the guy gave you the 100k worth of shares so I invested all my characters money int hat stock from the very beginning  and it stayed around 45 even after he had given me the 100k worth of shares. There are certain stocks that are prefixed to a certain price that has been the same throughout all my play throughs but those ones don't seem to fluctuate more than a few cents. I am guessing they are just filler to make it seem like a bigger market.

The amount a stock will rise and fall according to in game events also seems to be totally random. My first play through Lifeinvader dropped to 9 a share and in my second it never went below 58. Same with others I cant recall the exact numbers atm though.

In game actions during free roam, for me at least seem to affect it somewhat. I tested this out with ecola vs sprunk. I used only sprunk machines and would by soda after soda with each character every so often and ecola price kept dropping. I invested some in ecola, stopped using sprunk machines, started using only ecola machines and the stock actually started to rise, by quite a bit. Same with the Gruebben or whatever its called armored truck service. I robbed every one I came across and their stock steadily dropped.  i can only assume same is true with radio stations, if you listen to one exclusively its stocks will go up probably. i will test that out next. 

I am not trying to post a guide on how to get rich here just sharing my experience of the stock market with you guys. Oh, I am playing on PS3.

schwam66
  • schwam66

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:45 AM

bump :-)

SilvieSevrin
  • SilvieSevrin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Preface: All the below based on GTA V on PS3/PSN, as of September 24, 2013.  Subject to change, because Rockstar.

I just wanted to post that the stock market may have worked like the OP outlines at some point in the past, but it is NOT how it is working now.  Other than the scripted movements from in-game stock tips and Lester's Assassination missions, stock prices seem mostly random. 

Specifically, the method of saving, recording stock price movements after a mission, then reloading the save to invest in a specific stock that you saw movement in is not repeatable.  A $0.50 increase in a stock price may turn into a $0.50 decrease after reloading your save, for example.  While the underlying save/reload cheese mechanics are sound, they rely on catching random fluctuations in stock price that are in your favor, and reloading prior to a large stock purchase if things don't work out.  In my experience, 'day-trading', even with huge amounts of capital, is not worth the effort.

Given the extreme lack of things to do with cash above and beyond $220-250 million at end-game, it seems largely a waste of time to do anything other than spend the minimum amount of money throughout your playthrough, do ONLY the first Lester mission (Hotel Assassination) before completing the game, then returning to the remaining assassinations with $25-30 million in hand to do all your insider trading.  Following the many guides on exactly what to invest in for the remaining Lester missions will easily get you all the money you need.

Hopefully after GTA Online launches, BAWSAQ will work much more like the LCN Exchange is SUPPOSED to work.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:45 AM

Are you sure the saving/reloading method doesn't work anymore? It still worked for me like 3 days ago and Rockstar hasn't patched the game so I don't see how it could stop working.

vyvexthorne
  • vyvexthorne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

I also think that it is randomly set at the beginning of the game so there's no assured way to cheat the stock market.
Maybe if you make a save right at the beginning when you first are able to access the stock prices.. then play through the entire game, compare the stocks at the end and then start over from that first save you made the stocks would play out the same.

But then again I've noticed that reloading from a certain point after checking stock prices doesn't gaurantee that those prices will hit the same high again. It's all probably just a random chaotic mess to show us the futility of the market or something. The game makers are just sitting around laughing at us.

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:09 PM

Yeah the stocks seem random. I did the same mission 6 times with the save / reload trick to find which stock would benefit me the most after the mission and each time I did the save / reload it was random and the stock that I thought would rise, didn't.. 

Screw the save / reload, it really does seem random, I found this guide, which is reliable. The only problem is that I had to start the game all over again (since I did some of the Lester missions prior the finaly heist without knowing), but hey I really do want the money.

http://gtaforums.com...entry1063431148

frodrick
  • frodrick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

Random it is, after rocko mission i saved, invested in RIM and it dropped 1 dollar, waited, didnt recover for a long time, tried reload, waited, and it only went up this time! only a little thou.

seem like its random everytime i reload, to bad i cant just search and destroy to be rich. 

might be like that but perhaps need to destroy like 1000 trucks for 1% , who knows?! well have to wait for RS to come with info on this.

rjhsteel2001
  • rjhsteel2001

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:39 PM

Do you invest in shares before that first hiest mission?

schwam66
  • schwam66

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

nice :-)

Balfong
  • Balfong

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

This is a relly good tip, thank you.

I will try this for the rest of my missions.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:50 PM

One thing to bear in mind with BAWSAQ is that people are already playing Online and affecting the market. I was offered an early pass into Online but had to turn it down due to it being on the wrong platform for me, so I know for ACTUAL FACTUALS that there are people on there already. 

mmmmortenm
  • mmmmortenm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

3. MazeBank (The fall of Deposit Union make this stock untouchable)

When you say that the fall makes this stock untouchable that usually means that the stock goes to sh*t. Im curious if you meant to say that the fall of Deposit Union makes this stock rise like hell?

mmmmortenm
  • mmmmortenm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:25 PM

bump

ajma420
  • ajma420

High Roller

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

Bump

Here is in interesting trick (not a cheat) that usually works. When you load a save, complete a mission, etc. open the LCN or BAWSAQ.Read the three Headlines and then go to the market tab and check the the stocks featured in the Headlines. If the headline is good for the stock, but its still low, buy it. It is almost guaranteed to rise several percent.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:45 PM

the stock that goes up after each mission doesn't seem to be random, or at least for some that i've tested

for example, Meltdown always makes either FlyUSA go up and AirEMU go down, or vice versa, and I've seen this on a few different games now (mine or youtube)

final heist seems to always make Goldcoast go up unless it's already high from the Assassination mission

after final mission, my AugInsurance has went up and so did my friends and 3 videos I saw on youtube

So it seems to me many Missions have either 1 stock or a pair of rival stocks that will go/down based on a mission, so we should be able to compile a list of definite mission/stocks, and also see which ones have a random stock if that's a case for smaller missions.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

The problem with any of these stock market thingies is that they show you how to have billions by the end of the game.. What's the fun in that? I want to have billions during actual game play. When there are still stories and things for my characters to do.  Since you won't be able to transfer these monies to the online character, in game end game money isn't all that important.

I'm also betting online stock market will be quite chaotic if every player's actions can affect stocks... People will be teaming up to try to corner the market on something and others will then team up to try to undo that. It'll be interesting to see.

This is what I am feeling a bit.

Even the first time I play, after the first L mission I restart and invest in the stock with everyone, and it felt a bit cheesy and cheating. I thought the way Rockstar advertised the game there'd be more natural and emerging dynamic ways to play the stock market, but it seems to mostly just be mission/reload abuse -- why not just abuse the random event/chest glitch?

Also I was super psyched and inspired to making big money in this game while playing the story, and I had big ideas for replaying the game.

But now that I've played the endgame for a couple days, my interest in GTA5 will massively declined. There's really not much endgame or "criminal empire building"... from the marketing I thought there was much more content/dynamic to the housing, businesses, stocks.

But housing is nonexistent, businesses are mostly either just un-enterable buildings that give you money each week or side games which exist already outside the businesses in a similar form, or mission/reload abuse.

Amazing amazing story and GTA gameplay

but the this element is really not as deep as I thought, and honnestly I don't know if it's even better than GTA:SA.. at least GTA:SA had a lot of houses to enter, changing body shapes, and gang territories. at the very least the seem on par.

there is GTAO which im excited for but it's now confirmed that GTA5 progress has no connection to it, and any 'achievement' related to GTAO is sort of tainted by microtransactions

so just sort of curious what the point of all these billions are actually useful for....

i'd love reasons because i really really want more endgame inspiration but other than the driving/shooting (which is incredible) that there's not much actual emergent or dynamic content left. 

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

Note* BAWSAQ will work once GTAO is launched. Right now BAWSAQ is scripted. All the number you see is placebo

Curious what you base this upon because Rockstar has said it's based on Social Club not specifically GTAO, and technically it could be based on player trends in GTA5 being uploaded into Social Club (which could explain why some BAWSAQ stocks with not much  GTA5 presence change very little but Ammunation went up roughly 40%). You say this with a lot of certainty but considering how vague the BAQSAW description is and how unpredictable BAWSAQ stocks move, I wonder with what proof you can claim this?

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:04 AM

Lets say you played a betting game, you bet on horses/cars whatever. You saved the game, watched the race, saw who won.... reloaded last save and bet on that.

HOW ON EARTH is that playing the game "LIKE A PRO".

Im serious, this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

If you abuse the assassination missions last, you have enough money to buy everything in the game, which is lame in itself. And leaves you with NOTHING to do in GTA V after the story is over, since free roaming in this game is pretty bad until GTAO comes out.

Stock market is allso just a randomization of stocks going from low value to high value, its not JUST based of off missions, they will go up and down during the day.

Why would anyone do something as boring and lame as this, only to get money you have no need for, and if you do have need for it, why would you take away the only incentive to keep playing

mmmmortenm
  • mmmmortenm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

the stock that goes up after each mission doesn't seem to be random, or at least for some that i've tested

for example, Meltdown always makes either FlyUSA go up and AirEMU go down, or vice versa, and I've seen this on a few different games now (mine or youtube)

final heist seems to always make Goldcoast go up unless it's already high from the Assassination mission

after final mission, my AugInsurance has went up and so did my friends and 3 videos I saw on youtube

So it seems to me many Missions have either 1 stock or a pair of rival stocks that will go/down based on a mission, so we should be able to compile a list of definite mission/stocks, and also see which ones have a random stock if that's a case for smaller missions.

can you tell me what your flyUS stock prices are atm? Mine havent got up since the beginning of the game and i just finished the story. Some people have told me that their stocks are at 100+ but mine are stuck at 10

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

Im guessing there must be hints in the game that say which direction the stocks move as you do missions though, is it worth reading the news on the internet?

Unfortunately there is no hint given apart from Lester missions that's why reload the save have to come into play.

Actually there seems to be a lag between Stock News and Stocks rising as stated by someone else in this thread. The lag may be the same in-game time as the post-Lester stock rise, meaning if you buying the stock before the News you get the full rise but if you buy it right after the news (or mission) it will still continue to rise before dropping back down.

Also a lot of the Stock News is talked about on the radio, and based on checking the stocks after I hear the news, there also seems to be about a half day to a day of 'stock rise' where you buy the stock soon as you hear the radio news (assuming you hear it the moment the 'rise' starts) then you can still get some of the stock rise.

A lot of stock rises are explained after the fact too on the radio but that's mostly just story fluff (a la why Goldcoast real estate when up when the Union gold was stolen). Technically you could invest based on that but I think if you invest instantly after the mission you may only get 5-10% instead of the upwards 40-45% that I saw by investing before the mission.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

One thing to bear in mind with BAWSAQ is that people are already playing Online and affecting the market. I was offered an early pass into Online but had to turn it down due to it being on the wrong platform for me, so I know for ACTUAL FACTUALS that there are people on there already. 

the stocks in my game on bawsaq have changed one time since i started playing on release day, and the largest change was .2 percent.

S1N0D3UTSCHT3K
  • S1N0D3UTSCHT3K

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

the stocks in my game on bawsaq have changed one time since i started playing on release day, and the largest change was .2 percent.

Are you connecting your game to PSN and SocialClub?

Everyone has the same BAWSAQ... there is no "your BAWSAQ" ...that's the entire point of it. that's why everyone every talks about HAL on BAQSAQ because after release it crashed like crazy to a $1 and now everyone is trying to figure out how to move it (it moved finally 20% the other day but then back to 12%), and Ammunation went from around 500 to 700 since release.

Since you won't be able to transfer these monies to the online character, in game end game money isn't all that important.

Whatever money you earn in single player are to be used online. There is no separation

This isn't true... Rockstar confirmed it.

I mean, his logic made sense... you cannot xfer money between characters. But when Rockstar explained GTAO today on the official site, they confirmed that GTAO has completely separate economy with very different prices for houses, guns, cars, etc, and zero transfer or connection of money, assets, etc between GTAO and GTAV. Rockstar wants to sell GTAO money for real money so of course they want let reload cheated or glitch abused money into GTAO.

Either the stocks are completely bugged or the stock market is totally random now..

I did the mission "Eye in the Sky" four times, I double checked the stocks. Found that after the mission there would be a 6.89% raise with BUL, I write down that after I'm done with the mission BUL will have 20.63%, I do reload previous save, do the mission and bull has 13.47%

And I did the same thing couple of times, WTF.

It is random and you don't even have to re-do the mission.

Load the auto-save of the game from right after mission complete, and load it over and over 10 or 25 times.

Every time the stock changes will be different.

But it will usually be in the same range... seems about 10% or so usually.

teh_g
  • teh_g

Time for a brew..

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Im guessing there must be hints in the game that say which direction the stocks move as you do missions though, is it worth reading the news on the internet?

Unfortunately there is no hint given apart from Lester missions that's why reload the save have to come into play.

Actually there seems to be a lag between Stock News and Stocks rising as stated by someone else in this thread. The lag may be the same in-game time as the post-Lester stock rise, meaning if you buying the stock before the News you get the full rise but if you buy it right after the news (or mission) it will still continue to rise before dropping back down.

Also a lot of the Stock News is talked about on the radio, and based on checking the stocks after I hear the news, there also seems to be about a half day to a day of 'stock rise' where you buy the stock soon as you hear the radio news (assuming you hear it the moment the 'rise' starts) then you can still get some of the stock rise.

A lot of stock rises are explained after the fact too on the radio but that's mostly just story fluff (a la why Goldcoast real estate when up when the Union gold was stolen). Technically you could invest based on that but I think if you invest instantly after the mission you may only get 5-10% instead of the upwards 40-45% that I saw by investing before the mission.

When you decide on your approach for the last gold mission one of the notes on the wall says it will basically inflate share prices so i woud imagine there's several shares which would be worth investing in.

ALso, with regard to the radio, i've noticed tht if i hear a message about something stock related, it's usually repeated in the news section of the GTinternet the next day or so, but rises can take anything from a few hours of watching to days (in-game).

revenger681
  • revenger681

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

The problem with any of these stock market thingies is that they show you how to have billions by the end of the game.. What's the fun in that? I want to have billions during actual game play. When there are still stories and things for my characters to do.  Since you won't be able to transfer these monies to the online character, in game end game money isn't all that important.

I'm also betting online stock market will be quite chaotic if every player's actions can affect stocks... People will be teaming up to try to corner the market on something and others will then team up to try to undo that. It'll be interesting to see.

This is what I am feeling a bit.

Even the first time I play, after the first L mission I restart and invest in the stock with everyone, and it felt a bit cheesy and cheating. I thought the way Rockstar advertised the game there'd be more natural and emerging dynamic ways to play the stock market, but it seems to mostly just be mission/reload abuse -- why not just abuse the random event/chest glitch?

Also I was super psyched and inspired to making big money in this game while playing the story, and I had big ideas for replaying the game.

But now that I've played the endgame for a couple days, my interest in GTA5 will massively declined. There's really not much endgame or "criminal empire building"... from the marketing I thought there was much more content/dynamic to the housing, businesses, stocks.

But housing is nonexistent, businesses are mostly either just un-enterable buildings that give you money each week or side games which exist already outside the businesses in a similar form, or mission/reload abuse.

Amazing amazing story and GTA gameplay

but the this element is really not as deep as I thought, and honnestly I don't know if it's even better than GTA:SA.. at least GTA:SA had a lot of houses to enter, changing body shapes, and gang territories. at the very least the seem on par.

there is GTAO which im excited for but it's now confirmed that GTA5 progress has no connection to it, and any 'achievement' related to GTAO is sort of tainted by microtransactions

so just sort of curious what the point of all these billions are actually useful for....

i'd love reasons because i really really want more endgame inspiration but other than the driving/shooting (which is incredible) that there's not much actual emergent or dynamic content left. 

You know, I have to agree with you. I really enjoyed GTA v, When I beat the game on my first time around: The world then felt naked, empty and stagnate. I had done all the missions before finishing the game (My usual take on RPG/MMO games: I finish all sides before moving on with main story: so I took that habit of mine into GTA V). I was rather depressed that there wasn't anything more to do post-game. I'm now on my second game, this time I saved almost all the missions I could until after I finished the game, just to keep things alive a bit more during endgame.

It's still a fantastic game, and has TONS of missions to do: but endgame just doesn't have too much going for it to me. It'd be different if events or player actions really did influence stocks like some were saying on the forums: but now most all modern posts are saying the stocks are mostly random, etc. If they were truely affected by players actions: at least that would add some dynamics to endgame! I would rather enjoy spending post-game trading and influencing the markets. Perhaps this will come into play with GTA V Online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users